Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation When you are that good

Floyd did show us all again,what a great fighter he is trouble is when you are that good people start to
    hate the guy. Trash talking brash pantomime villain he's got you hook line and sinker, he gets under your skin you buy the PPV hoping someone knock's his head off.
    This guy has played us all he's done a great job, no one is a angel Floyd is far from it but he is
    no were near as bad as you think he is he's just a show man.
    Boxing needs people like Floyd and Floyd needs boxing, they go together like ham and egg's hell his fights
    he makes interesting, he makes a good pay day and his opponents and we get entertained.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When you are that good

Yep he is as much about building history (his story) as about the sport.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a quality fighter, no doubt. Still hate the wanker but he is brilliant. He is so well conditioned, superb boxing skills and has confidence in the ring like no other fighter today. Only fighter at middleweight and age can beat him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He is a quality fighter, no doubt. Still hate the wanker but he is brilliant. He is so well conditioned, superb boxing skills and has confidence in the ring like no other fighter today. Only fighter at middleweight and age can beat him.
    I can go with your views, to some people he's like Marmite covered sprouts.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, he put on a hell of a performance in there, I really do hope he carrys on his career. I had such a good night with all of my mates that night , i finally ordered boxnation and had all my mates over watching the FA cup final and then the Mayweather fight was such a good day.

I hope he keeps fighting, I would love to see him fight either Pacquiao (bullshit aside, it's the fight we need to see) , Martinez at 154 or as a British fight fan in not too far future maybe Khan at 147? I feel bad for Khan after what has happened with Peterson, shocked is the only word that comes to mind really. What is Khan going to do now stay at 140 for one more fight and then move up to 147? Who is Khan going to fight in June? Interesting times really, I would be so pissed if i was Khan, I bet he worked hard for this rematch and has been completley shit on. Maybe Mayweather-Khan should maybe one day happen. I wouldnt mind Khan - Alexander at 147 either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the ring he's a genius and there is no argument is possible there. Problem is his politics his arrogance and his personality. It's great that he's FINALLY fought Cotto but due to politics (and the ego's of himself and Arum) that fight is arguably 4 years too late (despite Cotto probably being a better fighter now than he was circa 200.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I can go with your views, to some people he's like Marmite covered sprouts.
    I love Marmite and Sprouts:-P
    Mayweather while still being a bit of a tool outside the ring, is a class act inside it. It was good to see him mix it up and bring his offensive game more to the fore again at the weekend, but I have been equally impressed by his defensive master classes like the Mosley fight.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iamasadlittleboy View Post
    In the ring he's a genius and there is no argument is possible there. Problem is his politics his arrogance and his personality. It's great that he's FINALLY fought Cotto but due to politics (and the ego's of himself and Arum) that fight is arguably 4 years too late (despite Cotto probably being a better fighter now than he was circa 200.
    After the fight I thought that, I was pleased the fight had taken place now rather than before as it was a better fight. Had this happened earlier, it would have been a much different Floyd tactic and a mentally different Cotto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing but respect for Mayweathers boxing ability, will go down as an ATG. Will be interesting to see where he is ranked in 20 years time.

Great chin, great footwork, great offence, great boxing brain. He knows the perfect strategy for each opponent. He has shown in tough fights if he has to dig deep then he will. He has been hit hard, took it well and come back and closed the show.

I can't think of anything missing from his repertoire.

I thought Cotto had a chance of winning but he was clearly beaten although he fought hard and well.I have picked against Mayweather a few times - not because I'm not a fan or even that I want him to lose it's sort of like a morbid curiosity wondering what it will take to beat him.

I agree with what's been said the only thing that beats Mayweather is complacency, father time or going one step too far and fighting someone who has a ridiculous size/weight advantage.

Skill wise no one can touch Mayweather. I think he will turn Pac on his head and stop him if he fights offensively and attacks mercilessly with bad intentions. That would put him top 3 GOAT.

Just my opinion. Good opening post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with the beans. While he is a dirtbag outside of the ring, he is also a good clean fighter in the ring.

I'm one of those guys that despises Floyd Mayweather Jr. As a fighter, he is good, although he's been taking a few breaks and, in my opinion, shouldn't have even fought Ortiz. But as a person, Mayweather is trash. The guy has no respect at all. Burning money, flashing money all over the place, acting like he's better than everybody else, like he's God's gift to the world.

Why does Floyd need to act like that to be a star? Joe Louis was the perfect gentleman, and nothing Mayweather can ever do will ever amount to Louis's accomplishments and popularity in his day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    I agree with the beans. While he is a dirtbag outside of the ring, he is also a good clean fighter in the ring.

I'm one of those guys that despises Floyd Mayweather Jr. As a fighter, he is good, although he's been taking a few breaks and, in my opinion, shouldn't have even fought Ortiz. But as a person, Mayweather is trash. The guy has no respect at all. Burning money, flashing money all over the place, acting like he's better than everybody else, like he's God's gift to the world.

Why does Floyd need to act like that to be a star? Joe Louis was the perfect gentleman, and nothing Mayweather can ever do will ever amount to Louis's accomplishments and popularity in his day.

Have to agree, he is an arsehole outside of the ring. Too much money and too many people kissing his arse have a lot to do with it. I reckon a lot of it is for show but still....

El Kabong Guest

He's neither all good nor all bad. I hate the attitude he feels he has to portray, but this is a guy who paid for Joe Frazier's funeral and he gave Miguel Cotto nothing but high praise. His idea of being "the bad guy" hasn't hurt PPV sales or ticket sales and it has made him plenty of cash. He's been a great champion, he's supremely talented, I'm not nor have I ever been a fan of his, but I can honestly say I appreciate what he's done in the sport more now than at any other point in his career.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    Nothing but respect for Mayweathers boxing ability, will go down as an ATG. Will be interesting to see where he is ranked in 20 years time.

Great chin, great footwork, great offence, great boxing brain. He knows the perfect strategy for each opponent. He has shown in tough fights if he has to dig deep then he will. He has been hit hard, took it well and come back and closed the show.

I thought Cotto had a chance of winning but he was clearly beaten although he fought hard and well.I have picked against Mayweather a few times - not because I'm not a fan or even that I want him to lose it's sort of like a morbid curiosity wondering what it will take to beat him.

I agree with what's been said the only thing that beats Mayweather is complacency, father time or going one step too far and fighting someone who has a ridiculous size/weight advantage.

Skill wise no one can touch Mayweather. I think he will turn Pac on his head and stop him if he fights offensively and attacks mercilessly with bad intentions. That would put him top 3 GOAT.

Well, if the guy never fights Pac, it will hurt his P4P standings in the future, probably. I think, seeing the way Miguel Cotto was able to give Floyd trouble, that Pac has as good a chance as anybody of giving Floyd hell.

But the fight will likely never happen. We could dream.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Said it before, Floyd's one of the greatest fighters to have ever laced up, we're lucky to have been able to watch him. Bit of a cock, sure, we've all got regrets and it doesn't stop us holding others in high regard.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post

Well, if the guy never fights Pac, it will hurt his P4P standings in the future, probably. I think, seeing the way Miguel Cotto was able to give Floyd trouble, that Pac has as good a chance as anybody of giving Floyd hell.

But the fight will likely never happen. We could dream.
    Agree, I don't see it happening anytime soon. In another 12 months time (18 max) it will be another fight that happened too late. Some reports are already saying that they are both starting to enter a decline (speed, reflexes) whether or not that is true, it will be a valid point if they don't get it on sooner rather than later.

Thread Information