Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question Current top 10 favorite fighters

I got to thinking the other day, i'm an American, but most of favorite fighters are from other countries.

We're talking your current favorite fighters here, my top 10 in no particular order are:

1. Miguel Cotto - (class act, my favorite 'Rican fighter ever)
    2. Nonito Donaire - (gotta love this little guy)
    3. Sergio Martinez - (a pleasure to watch, even if he does have a few "ticks" and is a bit histrionic at times)
    4. & 5. Wlad and Vitali Klitschko - (I just like them because they have no fucking sense of humor)
    6. Brandon Rios - (don't ask why, the little prick, lmao)
    7. Manny Pacquiao - (fun to watch, all-time great)
    8. James Kirkland - ( I like how he came back from adversity, and stomped a mudhole in Perro's ass.)
    9. Orlando Salido - (respect to this pug for taking care of business against Lopez twice, he made me a fan)
    10. Gabriel Campillo - ( I'd like to see more of this dude, including a rematch with Cloud)

Who you kats got?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Current top 10 favorite fighters

1. Erik Morales (the guy still is taking on strong opposition, and although I still want him to retire, he does me proud every time out)

2. Miguel Cotto (lets his fists do all the talking)

3. JMM (class act and one of the best technicians to ever lace them up, if Hopkins has found the fountain of youth, than Marquez is drinking the piss from whoever sipped it lol)

4. Sergio Martinez (the man is desperate for anyone worthy to come bring him a fight, how rare is it that you hear a guy calling out EVERYONE when he's already the big fish in his weight class)

5. Campillo (he was a huge underdog against Cloud and the decision was utter bullshit, the fact that the IBF denied him a rematch is bigger bullshit)

6. Wlad Klitschko (the guy fights everyone yet is criticized for not fighting anyone who can test him, it's not his fault that everyone else in the division can't hold his jockstrap)

7. Jose Pedraza (local guy who won medals at the Central American games and the Amateur Championship in Italy a couple years back, he's very likely going to be the future of PR boxing)

8. Orlando Salido (he's the Glen Johnson of the featherweight division, came here twice, took his lumps and forced the outcome)

9. Abner Mares (he has skills, a bit dirty and a weak opponent choice for his next fight, but he's a smart fighter and when pushed he's an all natural fighter)

10. Jorge Linares (always have liked this kid, a good pure boxer with crazy power)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    1. Erik Morales (the guy still is taking on strong opposition, and although I still want him to retire, he does me proud every time out)

3. JMM (class act and one of the best technicians to ever lace them up, if Hopkins has found the fountain of youth, than Marquez is drinking the piss from whoever sipped it lol)

4. Sergio Martinez (the man is desperate for anyone worthy to come bring him a fight, how rare is it that you hear a guy calling out EVERYONE when he's already the big fish in his weight class)

5. Campillo (he was a huge underdog against Cloud and the decision was utter bullshit, the fact that the IBF denied him a rematch is bigger bullshit)

6. Wlad Klitschko (the guy fights everyone yet is criticized for not fighting anyone who can test him, it's not his fault that everyone else in the division can't hold his jockstrap)

7. Jose Pedraza (local guy who won medals at the Central American games and the Amateur Championship in Italy a couple years back, he's very likely going to be the future of PR boxing)

8. Orlando Salido (he's the Glen Johnson of the featherweight division, came here twice, took his lumps and forced the outcome)

9. Abner Mares (he has skills, a bit dirty and a weak opponent choice for his next fight, but he's a smart fighter and when pushed he's an all natural fighter)

10. Jorge Linares (always have liked this kid, a good pure boxer with crazy power)
    It's hard to imagine Salido losing 11 fights, he must have reinvented himself, either that or he just knows how to beat Lopez. It will be interesting to see how Salido does now against the other top dogs in his weight class, a 3rd fight with Lopez is pointless.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jmm-made me a fan in the first pac fight

Martinez-fun to watch and seems like a genuinely good dude

Maidana-only knows one way, disappointed in the one sidedness in the alexander fight but oh well

Katsidis-past his best now but always made for a fun watch

Bradley-comes to take care of business

Mikey garica-hopefully one day will get to see him mash up broner, but might be to small

Wlad klitschko-borring or whatever but dude fights in such a way that nobody can even test his chin anymore...

Pwill-just wish he would learn to keep his dam right up

Linares-fun as hell to watch

Lucas matthyse- always getin a raw deal

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Jmm-made me a fan in the first pac fight

Martinez-fun to watch and seems like a genuinely good dude

Maidana-only knows one way, disappointed in the one sidedness in the alexander fight but oh well

Katsidis-past his best now but always made for a fun watch

Bradley-comes to take care of business

Mikey garica-hopefully one day will get to see him mash up broner, but might be to small

Wlad klitschko-borring or whatever but dude fights in such a way that nobody can even test his chin anymore...

Pwill-just wish he would learn to keep his dam right up

Linares-fun as hell to watch

Lucas matthyse- always getin a raw deal
    I like Bradley and Peterson as well, but they just aren't one of my current 'favorites'. I may be more of a fan after I see how Bradley does against Pacquiao in June, and how Peterson does against Khan in May.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

It's hard to imagine Salido losing 11 fights, he must have reinvented himself, either that or he just knows how to beat Lopez. It will be interesting to see how Salido does now against the other top dogs in his weight class, a 3rd fight with Lopez is pointless.
    agree that a 3rd fight would be pointless, especially right now, Lopez didn't learn shit from his loss and is looking up to a year suspension from the WBO and maybe even from fighting in PR due to his comments, unless he makes a huge change in his life and career the guy isn't gonna do much more, I actually wouldn't mind a Salido/Gamboa rematch cause even though Gamboa won clearly Salido did get the KD, so lets see if he would be able to make some tweaks and show up better than last time out

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In no particular order:

Sergio Martinez, Lucian Bute, Timothy Bradley, Brian Viloria, Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali Klischko, Gabriel Campillo, Juan Manuel Marquez, Guillermo Rigondeaux, Hernan Marquez, Toshiaki Nishioka

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agree that a 3rd fight would be pointless, especially right now, Lopez didn't learn shit from his loss and is looking up to a year suspension from the WBO and maybe even from fighting in PR due to his comments, unless he makes a huge change in his life and career the guy isn't gonna do much more, I actually wouldn't mind a Salido/Gamboa rematch cause even though Gamboa won clearly Salido did get the KD, so lets see if he would be able to make some tweaks and show up better than last time out
    Lopez appears to done at the championship level, Salido exposed all his flaws, and gave him 2 beatdowns, his confidence has to be shattered.

A Salido/Gamboa rematch would be great, I believe Salido does much better the next time.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    In no particular order:

Sergio Martinez, Lucian Bute, Timothy Bradley, Brian Viloria, Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali Klischko, Gabriel Campillo, Juan Manuel Marquez, Guillermo Rigondeaux, Hernan Marquez, Toshiaki Nishioka
    I forgot to add Bute to my list, he may be the best Super-Middleweight in the division, there's a good chance he'll fight "SOG" Ward next if he gets by Froch.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto fav fighter.
    Froch who takes on all comers.
    Ward who is a potential great.
    Kevin Mitchell quality fighter
    Tyson Fury entertaining and potential
    Eubanks Junior
    Kendall Holt great puncher
    Groves – talented and funny.
    Manny
    Sergio Martinez
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In no particular order.

Miguel Cotto
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    Floyd Mayweather
    Manny Pacquiao
    Bernard Hopkins
    Andre Ward
    Sergio Martinez
    Erik Morales
    Guillermo Rigondeaux
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Cotto fav fighter.
    Froch who takes on all comers.
    Ward who is a potential great.
    Kevin Mitchell quality fighter
    Tyson Fury entertaining and potential
    Eubanks Junior
    Kendall Holt great puncher
    Groves – talented and funny.
    Manny
    Sergio Martinez
    Unless they fight in the U.S. like Froch has, we don't get to see a lot of your lads in the UK, it's a shame really, a lot of it has to do with the time difference.
    For example, up until Joe Calzaghe demolished Jeff Lacy. I amost didn't know who he was, to be honest at the time I thought he was a fraud, with an obscure strap, (WBO) who only fought pub-bums in the UK. Boy was I ever wrong!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    In no particular order.

Miguel Cotto
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    Floyd Mayweather
    Manny Pacquiao
    Bernard Hopkins
    Andre Ward
    Sergio Martinez
    Erik Morales
    Guillermo Rigondeaux
    Hopkins used to be one of my all time favorites, I can remember watching him even before he was a middleweight champ, "X" used to be a deadly body puncher, I believe that's where he got the handle/alias "the executioner". I've always respected Hop and what he's been able to accomplish, I just wish the mo-fucker would retire, i've seen enough.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In no particular order.

Miguel Cotto
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    Floyd Mayweather
    Manny Pacquiao
    Bernard Hopkins
    Andre Ward
    Sergio Martinez
    Erik Morales
    Guillermo Rigondeaux
    Hopkins used to be one of my all time favorites, I can remember watching him even before he was a middleweight champ, "X" used to be a deadly body puncher, I believe that's where he got the handle/alias "the executioner". I've always respected Hop and what he's been able to accomplish, I just wish the mo-fucker would retire, i've seen enough.
    I always worry for him when he steps in the ring, he just looks a little vulnerable at his age.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In no particular order.

Miguel Cotto
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    Floyd Mayweather
    Manny Pacquiao
    Bernard Hopkins
    Andre Ward
    Sergio Martinez
    Erik Morales
    Guillermo Rigondeaux
    I always worry for him when he steps in the ring, he just looks a little vulnerable at his age.
    Hopkins is similar to Jones Jr, in that he loves making dat money, it's the hardest thing for both of them to walk away from. In Hopkins case there were a lot of times, even when he was middleweight champion, when he fought for peanuts. I believe his first really good payday was when he fought Trinidad back in 2001, so it's somewhat understandable. In RJJ's case, he's just fucking greedy, he's made a ton of money from his shit PPVs over the years, and unless he's blown it all, has more money then he knows what to do with.

Thread Information