Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Daniel Jacobs- Underrated!

Jacobs, I feel, is a handful for ANYONE between Jr. Welter who wants to step up and Super Middle. I don't think they wanna chance it with him- GGG in a rematch, maybe. But, Degale, Charlo Bros., Ramirez, Saunders, Eubank Jr., Groves... They had best to stay away if they aren't gonna get paid well into the millions if they face him.

Thoughts?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel for the guy really. I felt he beat GGG, and I'm no fanboy, I've always respected and rated Golovkin.
    Now he's Mr. Who needs him!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel Jacobs- Underrated!

Jacobs is the new GGG, no one's wants to fight him too many Ch risk for little reward. I also think Jacobs will price himself out of decent fights he would have taken on.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I underrated Jacobs before the GGG win. Can't underrate him now.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he beat GGG as well, rewatched that recently. It's one of the things that's always pissed me off about boxing; everyone knows judges can be out to lunch, yet the way they rule a fight is still used in many cases to cement the verdict people wanted ahead of time. They gave it to GGG so everyone points to what he did well and looks for subtle things he may have had going in his favour, but I can't for the life of me find 6-7 rounds he won. If the judges had gone the other way and given it to Jacobs, would ANYONE have argued it was a bad decision? I doubt it, and it would have dramatically altered the way people talked about it afterward, without having a damn thing to do with what actually happened in the fight. Not saying for a second it wasn't close-ish and very competitive, I just think people who have watched enough boxing should know better

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, I think Jacobs did enough to take a decision. I was really surprised by how low GGG's output was and how he almost seemed gassed at times. Jacobs did a bit of the old Jeff Horn there really. GGG should be able to hurt Canelo, but if he doesn't have the output to follow up and finish the job it could be another long night. I saw an interview with GGG recently and he doesn't look as baby faced anymore, he is looking older. Maybe he knows it with suggestions of retiring after the Canelo fight.

I'm disappointed Jacobs hasn't come back already and at least stayed busy to keep his name fresh. I wouldn't want him to become a once a year fighter making excuses not to fight unless it's the big money fights. He is relatively young and has some fights in him yet. I hope.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't it worth mentioning that Jacobs hulked up to a super heavyweight before the fight.

I had Jacobs winning at the time but he did give himself a pretty big unfair advantage

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Isn't it worth mentioning that Jacobs hulked up to a super heavyweight before the fight.

I had Jacobs winning at the time but he did give himself a pretty big unfair advantage
    He made weight, just didn't do second day weigh in

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've watched the fight several times, never seen Jacobs win. I can get the draw, with a struggle, but the win I can't see without pretending Golovkin lost.

I didn't watch the fight thinking Jacob's was cannon fodder though, I thought he was a top fighter before. I think that played a big part in the scoring. Due to expectation Jacob's success was overplayed, Golovkin's overlooked.

Miles post sums it up - a perception that Jacobs threw/landed more punches when in fact Golovkin threw something like a hundred more, 200 more jabs and out-threw him in nearly every round. And that completely ignores Golovkin always looked to be dictating the pace/ring.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs isn't underrated or has a problem getting fights, he's with Al Haymon, NONE of his boys are active. It seems most are happy with that set up, however, some Haymon fighters like Shawn Porter and his dad have openly complained about it. Even if they want to fight they're hostage to TV dates and PBC politics.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

he refused the same day weigh in which meant that he wasn't eligible to win the IBF belt, don't get me wrong I know that he technically didn't miss the weight but it is pretty obvious that his tactics were to blow up as much as possible.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he refused the same day weigh in which meant that he wasn't eligible to win the IBF belt, don't get me wrong I know that he technically didn't miss the weight but it is pretty obvious that his tactics were to blow up as much as possible.
    Mate, he didn't break any rules, he used them to give himself the best chance of winning.
    The people who are wrong in this are the WBC &WBA.
    If they had the same ruling , Jacobs would've had no choice.
    Everyone can see it's a sensible policy, but since when did anyone give a fuck about that?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I've watched the fight several times, never seen Jacobs win. I can get the draw, with a struggle, but the win I can't see without pretending Golovkin lost.

I didn't watch the fight thinking Jacob's was cannon fodder though, I thought he was a top fighter before. I think that played a big part in the scoring. Due to expectation Jacob's success was overplayed, Golovkin's overlooked.

Miles post sums it up - a perception that Jacobs threw/landed more punches when in fact Golovkin threw something like a hundred more, 200 more jabs and out-threw him in nearly every round. And that completely ignores Golovkin always looked to be dictating the pace/ring.
    Golovkins jab was on point. I just weigh power punches more. And Jacobs landed more power punches in nearly every round. 8/12 by compubox. But I think it was more than that. In the fight thread people were laughing at how far off they felt compubox was.

First viewing I thought it could go either way. The more times I watch it the more clearly I pick Jacobs because of ring generalship and power punches.

What's to be taken from it though is GGG is a great fighter, so for Jacobs to be right with him means he's damn good too.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Mate, he didn't break any rules, he used them to give himself the best chance of winning.
    Everyone can see it's a sensible policy, but since when did anyone give a fuck about that?
    I did say "is it worth mentioning"
    That was his game plan, no doubt about it, he did break the IBF rules, I'm not saying it is a massive issue or that he should have been DQ'd or anything like that, I just think it played a part in the performance.

Old ginger pubes has been doing it in every fight for years.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I did say "is it worth mentioning"
    That was his game plan, no doubt about it, he did break the IBF rules, I'm not saying it is a massive issue or that he should have been DQ'd or anything like that, I just think it played a part in the performance.

Old ginger pubes has been doing it in every fight for years.
    For the record Jacobs said he was surprised when he woke up 2 pounds over the reweigh weight. He said it wasn't his plan. Could be true, could be BS. But I have no reason not to trust the guy. I don't pay close enough attention to him to say "he has a history of lying"

Thread Information