0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ouma vs. Rubio on De La Hoya vs. Mayorga card

Ouma vs. Rubio on De La Hoya vs. Mayorga card

http://secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=19177

(Press Release) LOS ANGELES, April 12 - In what will be his biggest test on his way back to championship glory, former world junior middleweight champion Kassim Ouma will face dangerous Mexican bomber Marco Antonio Rubio in the featured undercard attraction on the Oscar De La Hoya vs. Ricardo Mayorga 'Danger Zone' promotion, Saturday, May 6 from MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The bout, announced today by Golden Boy Promotions also will be part of the live broadcast on HBO Pay-Per-View.

In addition to Ouma vs Rubio, former WBO super bantamweight champion Joan Guzman will make his junior lightweight debut on the live broadcast against the always tough Javier "Chatito" Jauregui. Rounding out the show in non-television bouts will be unbeaten prospects Rock Allen and Jonathan Oquendo, and once-beaten welterweight contender Ishe Smith, a competitor of the hit reality series 'The Contender.'

Awarded the inaugural Pat Putnam Award for Perseverance by the Boxing Writers Association of America, Kassim 'The Dream' Ouma (23-2-1, 15 KOs) rose from unspeakable conditions in his native Uganda to become one of boxing's best, pound-for-pound. Ouma, the charismatic former IBF junior middleweight champion who now makes his home in Florida, has scored two impressive TKO wins in a row since losing his crown, and he is on the doorstep of another title shot.

Since making his United States debut in August 2004, Torreon, Mexico's Marco Antonio Rubio (32-2-1, 29 KOs) has made a name for himself with his concrete fists and exciting style. Winner of seven fights in a row, six by knockout, 'El Veneno' knows that a win over Ouma will place him among the elite at 154 pounds.

Co-promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and Sycuan Ringside Promotions, Joan Guzman (24-0, 17 KOs) is a certified superstar in his native Dominican Republic, and is now looking forward to reaching those same heights in the United States. Already a world champion in the super bantamweight division, the concussive punching 'Sycuan Warrior' is making his junior lightweight debut after a brief stay at featherweight.

One of the fight game's truest warriors, Javier Jauregui (51-12-2, 35 KOs) has been competing in the world's toughest sport for more than 18 years since making his 1988 debut at the age of 14. A former IBF world champion at 135 pounds, and currently No. 3 in the world at 130 pounds, Mexico's 'Chatito' has a junior lightweight title in his sights for 2006.

Junior middleweight contender Ishe 'Sugar Shay' Smith (16-1, 7 KOs), who recently signed a multi-fight deal with Golden Boy Promotions, will make his long awaited ring return against hard-hitting Alexis Divison (16-3, 12 KOs). A slick boxer with pop in both hands, the Las Vegan became a nationwide superstar with his appearance on the original series 'The Contender,' and after his decision win over Anthony Bonsante last May, he's ready to get back to the business of winning a world championship.

Junior welterweight Rock Allen (6-0, 5 KOs), a member of the 2004 US Olympic team, has impressed boxing insiders with his punching power and enthusiasm between the ropes. The Philadelphia fighter is looking forward to his return to Las Vegas, where he stopped Calvin Pitts in two rounds last December.

Vega Alta, Puerto Rico's Jonathan Oquendo (8-0, 5 KOs) has wowed fans with an intriguing mix of speed and power, leading many to believe he is going to be the next champion from the island that has produced Wilfred Benitez, Wilfredo Gomez, Jose Torres, and Felix 'Tito' Trinidad. In his last bout, he stopped Terrence Roy in three rounds.

De La Hoya vs. Mayorga, "Danger Zone," is brought to you by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Don King Productions. Tickets priced at $1,250, $950, $750, $350 and $150 are now on sale. Tickets are available at any MGM Grand box office outlet and also are sold at all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (Tower Records/WOW!, Smith's Food and Drug Centers, Robinsons-May stores and Ritmo Latino). Ticket sales are limited to eight ( per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (702) 474-4000. Tickets are also available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.

The De La Hoya vs. Mayorga pay-per-view telecast, beginning at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST Saturday, May 6, has a suggested retail price of $49.95, will be distributed domestically by HBO Pay-Per-View and will be available to more than 56 million pay-per-view homes. The telecast will be available in high-definition television for those viewers who are HDTV capable. HBO Pay-Per-View is the leading supplier of event programming to the pay-per-view industry. De La Hoya vs. Mayorga daily updates can be found during fight week at www.HBOPPV.com.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ouma vs. Rubio on De La Hoya vs. Mayorga card

yeah, I've heard about this, Kassim just needs to avoid the right hand and he should be able to wear him down

I wish it would be as easy as Jantuah handled him but I'm not sure Kassim's got that kind of one punch power even though he's better than Kofi

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now I will for sure be buying this card

Guzman-Jauregui isn't bad either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dangerous fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Dangerous fight.
    I agree cause of Rubio's power and long right hand, but I think Kassim's boxing skills will be better and get him through

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm scared for Kassim

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm scared for Kassim
    Ah, I'm not scared for him, but I am a bit nervous cause of the power in the right hand, but being nervous about your fighter is what makes boxing great, the tension

I think he'll win but if he doesn't, he doesn't, it won'tbe because he didn't try

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough fight to call. I like Ouma a lot, but I think Rubio might pull this one off. Has the potential to be a damn good fight though
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dangerous fight.
    That's why it's called "Danger Zone"!!! Are I and SaltheButcher alone in thinking the commercial for this card is ridiculous and funny as hell? Mayorga knockin shat over, hitting the heavy bag and smashing a cender block.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Dangerous fight.
    That's why it's called "Danger Zone"!!! Are I and SaltheButcher alone in thinking the commercial for this card is ridiculous and funny as hell? Mayorga knockin shat over, hitting the heavy bag and smashing a cender block.
    Your not alone. And Oscar has to lazily bend over to push a chair aside. And the stupid Danger Zone Lights, with both fighters showing double chin action.

I generally hate Boxing Hype Videos. I can totally make one better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rubio throws his punches very wide. I also believe that his power is overrated and he will have a hard time landing cleanly on Kassim.

He could however use his height and move around to give Kassim some problems, but I don't think he has the footwork/footspeed to do it within Kassim quickly getting on the inside.

Ouma UD.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Dangerous fight.
    Your not alone. And Oscar has to lazily bend over to push a chair aside. And the stupid Danger Zone Lights, with both fighters showing double chin action.

I generally hate Boxing Hype Videos. I can totally make one better.
    Yeah, but at least some of them are funny, this one in particular, and to stay on topic I too hope Ouma wins.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

de la hoya UD
    Rubio TKO

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They (the Bwaa) Changed The Name Of The Pat Putnam Award Because They Found Out He Lied About His Military Service. He Claimed He Was A Marine Pow For 18 Mothns In Korea. The Twit (git And Prat)was Never Even In The Service.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just noticed the date Where you at Wacko ?

Thread Information