Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default is cruiser weight world champ o,neill bell anygood

ive never seen this guy fight. i cant seem to get footage of him. just wondered if any of you guys have seen him fight and if so what do you think. happy new year.
    Pleased to make your acquaintance

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: is cruiser weight world champ o,neill bell anygood

I like him, he makes for good fights.

He's good, but not a dominant fighter, defense is a bit too leaky for that. But he makes for good fights, has good power, heart, chin's better than he gets credit for, and has good offensive technique. But like I said he's not dominant, it wouldn't surprise me if he lost the titles before too long. He lost to Dale Brown already but got the decision and then looked real mediocre for 11 rounds of the Rothmann fight. Great finish though. But then he looked great against Mormeck. I think he can be outboxed, I don't see him being outbrawled. But overall he's good and he's always fun to watch. I think he'll beat Mormeck again.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

He's good, but not a dominant fighter, defense is a bit too leaky for that. But he makes for good fights, has good power, heart, chin's better than he gets credit for, and has good offensive technique. But like I said he's not dominant, it wouldn't surprise me if he lost the titles before too long. He lost to Dale Brown already but got the decision and then looked real mediocre for 11 rounds of the Rothmann fight. Great finish though. But then he looked great against Mormeck. I think he can be outboxed, I don't see him being outbrawled. But overall he's good and he's always fun to watch. I think he'll beat Mormeck again.
    Except for those two lines, it's exactly the way I see him. I'll be surprise if loses any time soon, since I feel Mormeck was his biggest threat and he already beat him. And Bell beat Brown. It was a close fight but Bell did enough to pull it out. Bell went to the body all night and got little to no credit for it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

Except for those two lines, it's exactly the way I see him. I'll be surprise if loses any time soon, since I feel Mormeck was his biggest threat and he already beat him. And Bell beat Brown. It was a close fight but Bell did enough to pull it out. Bell went to the body all night and got little to no credit for it.
    It was a close fight but I thought Brown did enough. As far as Bell losing, its not that I can pick out one specific guy I think he'd lose to, I really don't know enough about Cunningham, and unless Haye got him early he wouldn't go 12. I think Guillermo Jones is underrated, but I'd probably favor Bell. Its just that he's not one of those guys I think of as being dominant, that it would surprise me if they lost. Think he can be vulnerable at times, especially to a guy that can box and move a bit, and he's a bit inconsistent. But anybody that comes at him is most likely getting knocked out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Bell KTFO Haye!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    honestly i havn't seen bell fight, but as of late haye seems to be getting by on his power, in his last fight early on when his power didn't look to hurt the italian he seemd kind of lost, he didn't look like he could box and brake him down, until he landed that big shot that turned it over the fight looke dlike it was edging to the italian.

I think maca is possibly the better of the two atm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    honestly i havn't seen bell fight, but as of late haye seems to be getting by on his power, in his last fight early on when his power didn't look to hurt the italian he seemd kind of lost, he didn't look like he could box and brake him down, until he landed that big shot that turned it over the fight looke dlike it was edging to the italian.

Ass to mouth?
    Oops

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    Quote Originally Posted by Preme

a** to mouth?
    at the moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC. I thought he lost to Dale Brown too. Bell is an average fighter, he's OK. That's it. Toney and Holyfield would have put him out to dry at cruiser in a couple of rounds IMO.

Thread Information