Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Haye v Chisora will happen after all.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye v Chisora will happen after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Anyone that takes what boxers say "literally" is extremely naive. Lets be honest.

All boxers regurgitate the same old shit over and over again when selling a fight.

You've never heard anyone say - "it's gonna be a boring fight," "I don't think I can win," "my training camp has been bad," "I'll be weakened at that catchweight" etc

Every fight is gonna be exciting. Every fighter is gonna win (most by KO). Every fighter has had the best training camp ever and is in the best shape of their life. Blah, blah, blah.
    I may be paraphrasing, but I'm pretty sure every Junior Witter press conference is:

"I'm a boring fighter, I'm amazed that three guys and a dog showed up to watch me. One of my proudest achievements is that many doctors are prescribing videos of my fights for those who suffer from insomnia."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    The fact that mad Del boy claimed he had been glassed, and then despite seeing actual photographic and video evidence to the contrary, people are willing to regurgitate the same nonsense, simply reinforces the illogical biased hatred of Haye and the impression that he is both an overrated coward and a brutal ruthless street fighter. Make your mind up guys. If Chisora had been glasses his face would be a mess. To be glassed or bottled implies a concious and savage utilisation of non safety glass in an attempt to disfigure and immobilise a victim. What would you do if a guy who had been threatening to break your jaw marched up to you and got right in your face? Put your drink down, roll up your sleeves and challenge him to step outside for a gentlemanly bout of fisticuffs? Personally I would try to avoid him but if he marched up to me in a bar like that, I would have to twat him. They are both plonkers but it is a great match up.
    What a load of shit! Haye had a bottle in his hand and he threw a punch with the Bottle in his hand and the is a fucking photo to prove it! Haye even says in the press conference "thebest thing to come out your mouth is my fist, oh, and a bottle". I hope you lot remember all this bull about Haye winning when this fight is over there is a reason he has only talked about fighting good heavys rather than actually doing it
    What are you going on about? I was one of the few people who said that Chisora would give Vitali major problems so I do not underestimate his durability. Del "mad as a box of frogs" Chisora has been known to exaggerate though, and being punched by someone holding a bottle is not the same thing as being glassed, it's not even the same as being bottled. So yes in your own words,"What a load of shit".Haye is younger,faster and less ponderous than King Kong and will have less problems than he did, dealing with Chisora.
    Haye was like a feeble old man in the Klitschko fight. Falling over like a sissy girl whenever Wlad so much as looked at him. Thats what probably broke his toe Haye is older than Chisora and has never been able to avoid a shot or work. haye will slowly fall apart as the fight goes on

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone that takes what boxers say "literally" is extremely naive. Lets be honest.

All boxers regurgitate the same old shit over and over again when selling a fight.

You've never heard anyone say - "it's gonna be a boring fight," "I don't think I can win," "my training camp has been bad," "I'll be weakened at that catchweight" etc

Every fight is gonna be exciting. Every fighter is gonna win (most by KO). Every fighter has had the best training camp ever and is in the best shape of their life. Blah, blah, blah.

You don't lose, do you.

Yes, of course every fighter goes into a fight thinking and saying he'll win. Anyone who doesn't agree with that is an idiot. But saying all fighters "regurgitate the same old shit over and over again".... now THAT'S naive. You can't "cookie-cutter" fighters on that.... and it's not an acceptable argument. You've got quiet, confident fighters, like Cotto himself. Has he ever expressed himself quite the way Haye did before the Klitschko fight? Trash-talking Wlad to death and promising to destroy him to all who would listen?

And you conveniently ignored the second part of my previous post, where I mentioned the "shit-talking" to "actual performance" ratio. Otherwise known as talking the talk, and then walking the walk. Haye shit-talked more than most fighters before a big championship fight in recent history..... and then "fought" (and I use the term loosely) a cowardly fight, denying fans of what they went to see, a true sporting event.

Finally, you don't even bother to deny my "double-standard" charge aimed specifically at you in my earlier post. Had Cotto, or any other fighter you don't like, done what Haye did....... you would've been on him like stink on shit. But since your beloved Haye did it, it's ok.

That Wlad-Haye "fight" was so disgraceful, even Lyle, who I'm sure was aching to let the Haye fans have it after the fight.... was strangely muted. It's like when you're ready to kick someone's ass, only to find they're a quivering mound of mush. And then you let out a muted:

"Oh."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TitoFan,

1. Your "double-standard" charge was aimed at me? You must have me confused with someone else. Since when did I ever insult fighters? Since when did I not like Cotto? I love nor hate anyone. However, I have respect for every world-class fighter regardless of their personality. If you think making a factual statement like "Cotto got knocked out by Pac" is hating or insulting then you need serious help. Trust me.

2. It upsets you that Haye trash-talks but doesn't back it up? OK. Trash-talk doesn't bother me. It just sells fights. I laugh or totally disregard it and it has no bearing on who I believe will win a particular fight.

3. You thought the Haye-Wlad fight was a disgrace? I thought Haye would be pretty cautious because of his performance against Valuev. So I wasn't surprised by his tactics. I advised people that Wlad was overpriced and a very good bet.

4. Lyle couldn't let Haye fans "have it" because a) he made a million posts telling everyone Wlad would be exciting before scoring a KO and b) hardly ANYONE on this site picked Haye to win.

5. "You don't lose?" I didn't even know it was a competition. I just give my views on stuff. Nothing more, nothing less. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You both lose. FACT.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The paper's are at it again, you swear it was a fight to the death buy 2 mass murders the political correct
    A holes set a example for the children. So what I want to see this fight I really don't give a shit what they
    have done. There I have had my say I'm going to lay down and take a tablet.
    Last edited by Dia bando; 05-12-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    You both lose. FACT.

Nothing wrong with a loss.

It's how you comeback that matters.

All the greats lose.

Boxer cliches. Never ending same shit over and over again.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's all just your opinion Fenster, lets deal with facts ok. You can't possibly expect to climb back into a proper standing with that kind of non effort, you're like the David Haye of posters.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    That's all just your opinion Fenster, lets deal with facts ok. You can't possibly expect to climb back into a proper standing with that kind of non effort, you're like the David Haye of posters.
    Sorry my friend.. I honestly have no idea what you mean?

If you mean the Haye comeback - then I doubt there's a person on earth that thinks the winner of Chisora-Haye has any standing in world boxing. It's just a fight that the British public will buy and make shitloads of dough (although the winner will undoubtedly be promoted back to "world" title level).

If you were talking about me - I have no idea what my non-effort was or why i'm David Haye like?

I'm more like the In-Jin Chi of Saddo's. Bit crude but relentless and unstoppable. Fact.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TitoFan,

1. Your "double-standard" charge was aimed at me? You must have me confused with someone else. Since when did I ever insult fighters? Since when did I not like Cotto? I love nor hate anyone. However, I have respect for every world-class fighter regardless of their personality. If you think making a factual statement like "Cotto got knocked out by Pac" is hating or insulting then you need serious help. Trust me.

None of this changes the fact that you would criticize any fighter, other than a personal favorite (like Haye), for what Haye did against Wlad. This is what's normally known as a double-standard. Nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of people have them.

2. It upsets you that Haye trash-talks but doesn't back it up? OK. Trash-talk doesn't bother me. It just sells fights. I laugh or totally disregard it and it has no bearing on who I believe will win a particular fight.

Yes it does upset me (well, not really 'cause again... I didn't pay for the fight) so I guess we'll just agree to disagree. You disregard trash talk of Haye's magnitude and could care less how he actually fought in the ring. I think of Haye as a cross between a used car salesman and a politician... selling outright lies just to sell tickets, when he has no intention on following up on his pre-fight talk.

3. You thought the Haye-Wlad fight was a disgrace? I thought Haye would be pretty cautious because of his performance against Valuev. So I wasn't surprised by his tactics. I advised people that Wlad was overpriced and a very good bet.

Again, we'll agree to disagree. Your own bar is set pretty low as far as boxing is concerned, I guess. You'll watch anything, and a performance such as Haye's doesn't bother you. You must've REALLY loved Bruce Seldon's fight against Mike Tyson.

4. Lyle couldn't let Haye fans "have it" because a) he made a million posts telling everyone Wlad would be exciting before scoring a KO and b) hardly ANYONE on this site picked Haye to win.

I won't get into this particular point.

5. "You don't lose?" I didn't even know it was a competition. I just give my views on stuff. Nothing more, nothing less. Fact.

Your signature line looks foolish more often than not. Just trying to be constructive here. It would be more effective if the stuff you write were in fact, well..... FACT. And by "you don't lose", I don't mean a competition. If I must explain it to you, I'm merely referring to the FACT that you never accept being wrong, even when you are.

(See above)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yes it does upset me (well, not really 'cause again... I didn't pay for the fight) so I guess we'll just agree to disagree. You disregard trash talk of Haye's magnitude and could care less how he actually fought in the ring. I think of Haye as a cross between a used car salesman and a politician... selling outright lies just to sell tickets, when he has no intention on following up on his pre-fight talk.
    I have to point this out as it irritates me, I see it all the time from Non British posters but the phrase is "couldn't care less" as in you care so little about it that you could not care any less about it. To say you could care less means that you must care a little about it.

I wont be the only person that this bugs
    Last edited by ross; 05-12-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right, who is the official ticket outlet for this farcical boxing match that I am considering attending? All I get when I search are the outlets that wanna sell you face value tickets for way above cost price..and I'm already grumpy about the price of face value tickets..is the West Ham box office selling them officially?
    Last edited by Althugz; 05-13-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Right, who is the official ticket outlet for this farcical boxing match that I am considering attending? All I get when I search are the outlets that wanna sell you face value tickets for way above cost price..and I'm already grumpy about the price of face value tickets..is the West Ham box office selling them officially?
    Get Box Nation.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TitoFan,

None of this changes the fact that you would criticize any fighter, other than a personal favorite (like Haye), for what Haye did against Wlad. This is what's normally known as a double-standard. Nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of people have them.

Again, we'll agree to disagree. Your own bar is set pretty low as far as boxing is concerned, I guess. You'll watch anything, and a performance such as Haye's doesn't bother you. You must've REALLY loved Bruce Seldon's fight against Mike Tyson.

Your signature line looks foolish more often than not. Just trying to be constructive here. It would be more effective if the stuff you write were in fact, well..... FACT. And by "you don't lose", I don't mean a competition. If I must explain it to you, I'm merely referring to the FACT that you never accept being wrong, even when you are.

(See above)
    1. Stop assuming everyone thinks like you. Why would I criticise someone for doing what I expected? That's ridiculous. I am not emotionally attached to any fighter. Whether they are the nastiest or nicest person on earth it means nothing to me, I judge them soley on their ring exploits.

2, 3 and 4. You get upset by trash-talk and have far higher standards than me. Good for you.

5. Thanks for the advice. However, I'm gonna let you into a secret - signing off with "fact" when it is blatantly opinion is a long running joke. It's something called humour. I'm never the one that looks foolish. Fact.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TitoFan,

(See above)
    1. Stop assuming everyone thinks like you. Why would I criticise someone for doing what I expected? That's ridiculous. I am not emotionally attached to any fighter. Whether they are the nastiest or nicest person on earth it means nothing to me, I judge them soley on their ring exploits.

2, 3 and 4. You get upset by trash-talk and have far higher standards than me. Good for you.

5. Thanks for the advice. However, I'm gonna let you into a secret - signing off with "fact" when it is blatantly opinion is a long running joke. It's something called humour. I'm never the one that looks foolish. Fact.

Apology accepted.

(Anyway, for the 3rd time in a row you refuse to address the double-standard issue. It's ok... I'll take that as conceding the point. And for the record, I am NOT upset by trash-talk. I just expect it to be backed up in the ring, especially in fights that I've paid to see. But then, that's just me.)

Thread Information