Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bernabe Concepcion

I dont think a lot of you guys have seen him but he is fighting in the Pacquiao Hatton undercard next week. He holds Pacs old strap right now the WBC featherweight Int title. He is 28-1-1, only 21 years old but is very sharp and nearly as polish as a veteran fighter. His only 5'5 and he is now fighting at the 126 division. Given his age I think if he continues to grow and get better by his mid to late 20s the Philippines may have its first natural welterweight fighter. He is a bulky featherweight and still very young, anyways I hope you guys watch this guy May 2nd in the undercard of Pacquiao/Hatton. And tell me what you guys think.

That is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernabe Concepcion

He lacks in height that's for sure. And I think he already stopped growing just by looking at his shoulders. But on plus side, he's got fast feet, can spring in and out, and his got that devastating right hook as his signature punch. His heart is already battle tested (watch his fight against Caro). I can see where Freddie Roach is going with this kid. But I doubt he will be the next Manny Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm def. familiar with him.
    Good handspeed.

But he needs a lot of work on the defensive end of it.
    Someone with good power & accuracy will eat him alive.
    He get's hit too much.

Can get too happy throwing the right hand at times and even throws them wildy leaving himself opened with his chin in the air.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN SENSATION View Post
    He lacks in height that's for sure. And I think he already stopped growing just by looking at his shoulders. But on plus side, he's got fast feet, can spring in and out, and his got that devastating right hook as his signature punch. His heart is already battle tested (watch his fight against Caro). I can see where Freddie Roach is going with this kid. But I doubt he will be the next Manny Pacquiao.
    I dont think he will be the next pacquiao and i dont like the idea of being the next so and so. I think fighters need to be the next themself. Bernabe imo has a good future IF he continues to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I'm def. familiar with him.
    Good handspeed.

But he needs a lot of work on the defensive end of it.
    Someone with good power & accuracy will eat him alive.
    He get's hit too much.

Can get too happy throwing the right hand at times and even throws them wildy leaving himself opened with his chin in the air.
    Very true, his defense still needs work. IMO if he fought Juanma at batamweight soon he would get eaten alive. However I think it was a good idea for his camp to move him up in weight and let him get better and grow fighting lesser oppenent. His only 21 we dont want another Rey Bautista flop. I would love to see a juanma/Bernabe match down the road though but not now. Bernabe isnt ready, give him a few more good years.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JuanMa himself IMO needs work.

He get's left hook happy and I think someone with good boxing skills with good footspeed and good use of the ring will give JuanMa problems.
    I think Caballero beats JuanMa.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    JuanMa himself IMO needs work.

He get's left hook happy and I think someone with good boxing skills with good footspeed and good use of the ring will give JuanMa problems.
    I think Caballero beats JuanMa.
    I think Marquez beats Lopez as well

As for Concepcion, I would favor him over everybody at Featherweight except for Chris John, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Steven Luevano and Mario Santiago

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juanma doesn't have the number of rounds, and has been largely untested. By far his most impressive outing was his utter dismantling of Ponce de Leon in one round. But tonight should go a long ways toward dispelling many of the doubts.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Concepcion as a prospect right now. If he is handled right through his management he could have phenomenal success. I love his hand speed and his footwork (when he remembers to use it) Definately a little ways to go on the upper body movement and parrys.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Juanma doesn't have the number of rounds, and has been largely untested. By far his most impressive outing was his utter dismantling of Ponce de Leon in one round. But tonight should go a long ways toward dispelling many of the doubts.
    Gerry is a good win for Juanma if Juanma gets the job done tonight, Gerry has never been knocked out so if Juanma does it big ups to Juanma.

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I like Concepcion as a prospect right now. If he is handled right through his management he could have phenomenal success. I love his hand speed and his footwork (when he remembers to use it) Definately a little ways to go on the upper body movement and parrys.
    agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll be fighting this saturday as lightweight (135 lbs) Full line-up for Pacquiao vs. Hatton | Fightnews - Boxing News Updated 24/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm dissapointed that Luevano pulled out. I think he's chickened out. I have Concepcion as my top 3 P4P pinoy. Just below Pac & Donaire.

Abe might not have the height but he's skilled & as matured for his age. I think he will easily beat Leuvano. So he end up in the minor undercard against a no Hoper. Mares was there also.. Why not match these 2 in the televised undercard?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacdbest2 View Post
    I'm dissapointed that Luevano pulled out. I think he's chickened out. I have Concepcion as my top 3 P4P pinoy. Just below Pac & Donaire.

Abe might not have the height but he's skilled & as matured for his age. I think he will easily beat Leuvano. So he end up in the minor undercard against a no Hoper. Mares was there also.. Why not match these 2 in the televised undercard?
    Concepcion turned down Mares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Show me the credible news about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think abe beats luevano too because he's stronger but it won't be easy. concepcion has been getting the bigger fights but i think aj banal is more talented and has more potential.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Show me the credible news about it?
    April 22 newspaper. La Opinion. Interview with both Mares and Concepcion. Go fetch doggie.

Thread Information