Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Some Of The Greatest Mexican Fights That Never Happened But Could Have.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Some Of The Greatest Mexican Fights That Never Happened But Could Have.

Ricardo Lopez vs Humberto Gonzalez
    Juan Manuel Marquez vs Erik Morales
    Marco Antonio Barrera vs Daniel Zaragoza
    Jose Luis Lopez vs Oscar De La Hoya
    Pipino Cuevas vs Carlos Palomino
    Gaspar Ortega vs Kid Azteca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some Of The Greatest Mexican Fights That Never Happened But Could Have.

Surprised to see that JCC is not on the list.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Some Of The Greatest Mexican Fights That Never Happened But Could Have.

Quote Originally Posted by narsman
    Surprised to see that JCC is not on the list.
    Name me a good/great Mexican fighter he could of fought at the time ?? i think you misunderstood the topic.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo "Finito" Lopez

That would of been a great one

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise

That would of been a great one
    Both very skilled boxers it would have been a treat to watch. I think it would of been more a boxing match, but still very entertaining at the same time i can't split em though. I honestly don't know who would of won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I totally agree Juan Manuel Marquez vs Erik Morales would have benn a modern classic let's say, I also feel it would have been a bit tactical, but you know you would have also seen some classic rounds.

I think this fight could have turned into abit of a trilogy, they would have to fight a second time, you just know they would.

But first fight I would go for Morales, at his best, but it is very difficult to pick!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Realitycheck77

I totally agree Juan Manuel Marquez vs Erik Morales would have benn a modern classic let's say, I also feel it would have been a bit tactical, but you know you would have also seen some classic rounds.

I think this fight could have turned into abit of a trilogy, they would have to fight a second time, you just know they would.

But first fight I would go for Morales, at his best, but it is very difficult to pick!
    I would have highlighted this. Always felt it was a shame it never happened.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I take it that for the sake of the topic you listed ODLH.
    (He was born in America therefor he is American from Mexican decent still does not make him Mexican)

Don't know why but it bothers me when ODLH is listed as Mexican. There was also an article somewhere about Mexicos 10 greatest champs and he was listed there also.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    (He was born in America therefor he is American from Mexican decent still does not make him Mexican)

Don't know why but it bothers me when ODLH is listed as Mexican. There was also an article somewhere about Mexicos 10 greatest champs and he was listed there also.
    He still is Mexican just because he is brought up in another country, doesn't mean he isn't Mexican, more like Mexican/American i would say.

Was you born in Mexico Mick, or USA ??

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He still is Mexican just because he is brought up in another country, doesn't mean he isn't Mexican, more like Mexican/American i would say.

Mick's an East LA boy

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was born in East L.A., CA and I am American.
    He was born in Montebello, CA about 10 minutes and a good 20 streets away from East L.A. and if you check his birth certificate it will say Nationality: American.
    We have been label Mexican/American by society to "try" and seperate/segregate people (as usual) but people who are born in the USA and have parents born in other countries are Americans. Society has labeled them otherwise.

ICB Guest

I was born in East L.A., CA and I am American.
    He was born in Montebello, CA about 10 minutes and a good 20 streets away from East L.A. and if you check his birth certificate it will say Nationality: American.
    We have been label Mexican/American by society to "try" and seperate/segregate people (as usual) but people who are born in the USA and have parents born in other countries are Americans. Society has labeled them otherwise.
    Fair enough i can understand that i don't mean to sound nasty, thats just the way i see ODLH Mexican/American. And VD your from L.A right ?? maybe you guys should meet up one day.

Thread Information