Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Holy cow a tornado

Damn, I just got home and clicked on Fox News so I could bask in the greatness of our president only to find one of those weather warnings beebing in tv. About five minutes later boom a tornado blast through. Three big healthy trees snapped like twigs and one is partly resting on my car. Hope it’s not too bad I’m scared to look. Before we lost power I heard someone is stuck in a car 3 people with a tree on them. Wish me luck on my car. Some how I feel this is [MENTIONENTION]s fault when he prays for white genocide every night
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-16-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Holy cow a tornado

May is the worst month for tornadoes. Where do you live again?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He lives in New England. I didn't think tornadoes went up there in the woods

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya I’m in Connecticut @TitoFan very very rare to get a tornado. It was so violent entire house shaking, no power, trees on my car. I guess that’s farm league to you though

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Ya I’m in Connecticut @TitoFan very very rare to get a tornado. It was so violent entire house shaking, no power, trees on my car. I guess that’s farm league to you though

Believe it or not, tornadoes are scarier. They come up out of nowhere, and it's only now with technology that people have a little time to prepare and/or get the hell out of the way. Hurricanes are huge and in many ways more devastating... but they give you plenty of advance notice. We're still trying to get Trump to forget about Mexico and put the wall between the Caribbean and NW Africa.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@TitoFan yeah but after what you guys went through with six straight months without any power that nonsense up there in New England it's like a little kitty party

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    @TitoFan yeah but after what you guys went through with six straight months without any power that nonsense up there in New England it's like a little kitty party

It was a perfect storm (pardon the pun) scenario, bro. Cat 5 hurricane.... less than perfect infrastructure.... worst path possible right through the island (no town was spared).
    I had suffered through Hugo (1989) and Georges (1998 ), but they all bow to Maria.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unbelievable. No place in America ever had such Devastation but Americans like to whine and complain about little things like a little bit of flooding

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Unbelievable. No place in America ever had such Devastation but Americans like to whine and complain about little things like a little bit of flooding

Adding to the misery was that communications were completely knocked out. Family members and friends living Stateside were horrified watching the TV coverage, and then not being able to reach anyone down here. The loss of communications wreaked havoc on gasoline and goods deliveries, which amplified the problems for millions of us here. I'm telling you bro, there was a lot of anguish during those first days/ weeks.

Still.... I'm thankful we don't have any tornadoes down here.

El Kabong Guest

Tornadoes are the assholes of major weather events. A flood hits everyone, a hurricane hits everyone, tsunami, earthquake, everyone.....a tornado is like fuck Dave's house, fuck George's house, you're ok Tyler, you're ok Jane.....fuck you Todd!

I'm glad that you are ok. We get tornadoes here all the time. They are not as dramatic looking as they are out west. The hills keep them from doing as much damage too.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 05-16-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I finally heard it was a tornado with a nine mile swath top winds estimated at 129 and over. My area looks like a FEMA project. Still no power and I think it’ll be a week at least already been 3 days. Also cell service sucks. Must have lost a toweR. I’m quite lucky. Cut my car out of the tree that fell on it, dent on the trunk and a few scratches, much better than the people down the street who when u drive by the house you can see into the living room. Mother Nature is tough, I give her a lot of credit

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Well I finally heard it was a tornado with a nine mile swath top winds estimated at 129 and over. My area looks like a FEMA project. Still no power and I think it’ll be a week at least already been 3 days. Also cell service sucks. Must have lost a toweR. I’m quite lucky. Cut my car out of the tree that fell on it, dent on the trunk and a few scratches, much better than the people down the street who when u drive by the house you can see into the living room. Mother Nature is tough, I give her a lot of credit
    Glad you didn't end up with your boots sticking out from underneath a wooden house anyways. We are lucky in the UK to never get extreme weather. Extremely monotonous at times but nothing like you guys on the other side of the pond get.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We actually get a surprisingly high number of tornados in the U.K. every year, but they don't last as long as in other wide open places and certainly cause less devastation.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We had a few small ones last couple of years. I've only been in the middle of a touchdown when I was a wee brat kid living in Tulsa. House had the whole storm shelter etc and I was clipped in the head by a metal pale. Explains a bit.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I suppose any tornado is alarming and dangerous. But an F5 must be an awesome and terrifying thing to see and experience.

Thread Information