Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather card My Predictions and Bets

This is just a post of how I see the fight and the "interest bets " Ive had.

Mayweather v Canelo - I cannot see this fight living up to the hype. My main reason is I dont think Mayweather can stay in great fights anymore particular against someone like Canelo who will be a lot bigger and stronger then Mayweather. I see Mayweather stinking the place out landing one or 2 punches at a time before grabbing and holding when Canelo gets to the inside. I think Mayweather will win a decision here and the price looks big on betfair at about 1.7. |This could get bigger just before the fight so havent backed it yet my self but I have backed the draw at 33/1. The amount of money this fight wil generate is huge. If Canelo can nick a few rounds I would not be surprised to see a very dodgey draw to allow for a rematch which could generate even more money.

Matthysse v Garcia - This will most likely be the best fight on the card. Matthysse is rightly the strong fav here. I think he is better then Garcia in every department. He has more power, better defense, and is the better technician. Garcia is probably slightly faster but its very close. Garcia loves to throw hooks and I reckon that will be his downfall. I think he will get caught and dropped by a straight when throwing a hook and will get finished early. Matthysse round 1 at 20/1 and round 1-3 at 6/1 are worth small nibbles for me.

Cano v Theophane - Theophane is a good fighter who has good wins against the likes of Demarcus Corley and Delvin Rodriguez on his rec. He also lost a split decision against unbeaten world champion Danny Garcia. He has been sparring with Mayweather recently and Mayweather has spoken very highly of him. Cano is coming off 2 losses against Mallignaggi and a shot Shane Mosely. He is a big puncher but can get hit very easily. He also gets cut very easily around his eyes and suffers from swelling so getting hit regularly also gives Theophane a chance of a stoppage win. I thought Theophane would be slight fav in this fight and would have backed 6/4 or bigger.

Smith v Molina - this matchup looks perfect for Molina. He is a slick boxer and has only lost to very good fighters and have had some very poor decisions against him so his rev looks a lot worse then it is. Smith only really loses to good fighters but never looks impressive when he wins. I like Molina here but at 4/11 with 365 its not a price I like. The draw at 28/1 though looks a bit big. Both fighters have had a good few draws. Molina although the better fighter can get lazy which could allow Smith to win a few rounds as you cannot fault his workrate. That plus Molinas unpleasing fan style could lead judges to give Smith more rounds then he deserves so could be scored a lot closer.

I also had a treble of my fancies. Matthysse at 2/5, Molina at 4/11 and Mayweather at 1/3 with 365. They are draw no bet which gives a bit more vaue in these prices.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather card My Predictions and Bets

Solid.

I'm in total agreement about Canelo/ Mayweather. Although as Fenster pointed out - you never know what the judges might be up to (just seen that CJ Ross will be one of the judges! )
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good points and it all makes perfect sense but I hope you are wrong a Saul lands the big one.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want to take this opportunity to say Ishe Smith is one of my least favorite fighters on the planet. Can't stand his style, but he will win in exactly the way you described Mayweather winning.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I just want to take this opportunity to say Ishe Smith is one of my least favorite fighters on the planet. Can't stand his style, but he will win in exactly the way you described Mayweather winning.
    And he has been training with Mayweather too so could copy the style. I just think Molina is too good for that to work against him. Ie I think if the fight was to go like that Molina could do it better then Smith. But there's 3/1 available on Smith if that's what u fancy.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    But, can't Molina do the same thing back?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, those are great picks. I actually called someone to see if I could do something with your call on Lucas v Garcia. He used to book sports but he told me he doesn't do boxing as he gets to few requests so he never studies the lines.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another cheap shop KO

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Hey, those are great picks. I actually called someone to see if I could do something with your call on Lucas v Garcia. He used to book sports but he told me he doesn't do boxing as he gets to few requests so he never studies the lines.
    Where are you from? You should open accounts with the European bookmakers. I find them a lot better then the US for boxing

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah, I'm here in the US, I was thinking of searching the internet for a bet.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    yeah, I'm here in the US, I was thinking of searching the internet for a bet.
    Yea harder to get on in the US with the onling gambling laws. Bet365 would be one of the better ones to get on with

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Solid.

I'm in total agreement about Canelo/ Mayweather. Although as Fenster pointed out - you never know what the judges might be up to (just seen that CJ Ross will be one of the judges! )
    Am I right in saying CJ Ross was responsible for a few recent bad calls? PAC Bradley wasn't it?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got 40/1 on Alvarez winning in Round 5 so I put 5 Guineas on it. I then put another 5 on a draw at 25/1 and a further 5 on Alvarez by DQ, TKO, KO or TD at 5/1.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information