428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford vs Khan..

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Chris Algieri bullied, boxed and backed Khan in gaps. Chris I'm a nutritionist Algieri.
    Yes he changed his style to pressure Khan to offset the speed. It was great tactics as Khan has struggled with pressure at all levels - novice, British and world. Collazo and Peterson also had success pressuring him after giving up trying to box with him.
    There goes Fonzie over the shark pool . Ok all three adapted styles and found some equal footing and were effective with Khan, can't imagine what another end of it contender like Crawford can hope to do. Love to see Khan come to the new hotbed of Nebraska though, combined fandom would be solid.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Khan didn’t go 9-2 against the opposition you claimed he went 9-2 against. He went 8-3
    That is true, Ron. I don't consider the Peterson loss but officially you're correct.
    And now we get to the crux of the matter. DENIAL! nut hugging to the max!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Pump up Khan all you want. I myself have no problem with him facing Crawford or even DESERVING to face Crawford. But laughingly using Canelo as a measuring stick is ludicrous..... and THIS point apparently sails over blind heads.

The one time Canelo got into the ring with a consummate boxer (Floyd), he wasn't just shut out. He was embarrassed, and answered the question I and many other boxing fans were asking BEFORE the fight......... what business did Canelo have going into the same ring with Floyd Mayweather??!??

So again.... good on Crawford-Khan. May the best man (Crawford) win. Glad that Khan gets a high profile fight, even though he continues to run away from Kell Brook. Khan's mouth also runs more than a Kenyan marathoner, so I'll be rooting for a Crawford KTFO win. But please, PLEEEEEEEASE................. stop using the Canelo-Khan fight as proof that Khan deserves anything. That circus ran exactly as programmed.
    Are you saying Canelo is crap because he lost to Floyd? Or just crap regardless? It's not really clear whether or not you hate Canelo?

I shouldn't have to explain this, but I'm not saying he's crap because he lost to Floyd. Many great fighters and boxers have lost to Floyd. It's the way he lost. Try to embrace the concept.

Before the fight, many people including myself questioned why had Canelo "earned the right" to be facing Floyd. After the fight ended and Canelo had barely laid a glove on Floyd, missing by a few feet on occasions, it was like a "See, I told you so" kind of deal.

Hate has nothing to do with it.

So to pump up Khan by simultaneously pumping up Canelo is ridiculous. Did anyone with half a boxing mind doubt that Khan was going to box Canelo's ears off before getting knocked unconscious? Hint: answer "No."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This will be like Crawford-Gamboa. Crawford takes awhile to get going and gets caught early, but I don’t think khan will have enough fire power to stop Terence early, and eventually/ probably relatively early Crawford will take over the fight and stop khan

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford, quite arguably one of boxing's pound-for-pound best, returns for the first time in 2019 to put his WBO welterweight championship on the line in taking on former unified junior welterweight champion Amir Khan on Saturday, April 20, at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

After notching a third-round destruction of Julius Indongo in August 2017 to become the undisputed junior welterweight champion, Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) moved up to 147 pounds last June and hasn't looked back. The 31-year-old battered Jeff Horn to win by ninth-round TKO and capture the WBO belt. He went on to successfully defend the title in October, stopping José Benavidez Jr. with 18 seconds left.

With a lack of challengers at welterweight in the Top Rank stable, Crawford needed someone to help establish him as a force to be reckoned with. Boxing fans wanted Crawford to face IBF titlist Errol Spence Jr. to see who the king of the division and the sport would be. Spence fought Mikey Garcia in March instead, so Crawford went to one of the biggest names in the game.

Enter Amir Khan, the challenger from England.

Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) returns to the United States for the first time since he lost by sixth-round knockout to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez in May 2016. Following the fight, Khan took nearly a two-year hiatus and has beaten Phil LoGreco and Samuel Vargas in his native England.

Khan won the 140-pound WBA title from Andreas Kotelnik in July 2009. The 32-year-old made four straight defenses of the belt before adding the IBF strap in when he scored a fifth-round knockout of Zab Judah in July 2011.

Boxing pundits and fans alike feel Khan has seen his better days, and Crawford will make it look rather easy. Khan possesses the experience and packs a hard enough punch to where he can give Crawford plenty of problems.

Still, can Khan pull off the monumental upset? Or does Crawford continue to exemplify when he's one of the best in the world?

When is the Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan fight?
    Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan commences on Saturday, April 20. The main card begins at 9 p.m., with Crawford and Khan expected to make the walk to the ring for the main event at around 11:30 p.m.

How do I watch Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan?
    You can watch Crawford vs. Khan on ESPN pay-per-view.

Where is the Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan fight?
    Terence Crawford and Amir Khan will fight at Madison Square Garden in New York. Terence Crawford competes in the United States' largest market for the third time, while Khan also fights there for the third time.

Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan betting odds
    According to ProBoxingOdds.com, Terence Crawford is a -2000 favorite, which means you'll need to bet $2,000 to win $100. Meanwhile, Khan is a +1200 underdog, meaning if you bet $100, you could win $1,200.

Terence Crawford record and bio
    Name: Terence Crawford
    Nationality: American
    Born: September 28, 1987
    Height: 5-8
    Reach: 74"
    Total fights: 34
    Record: 34-0 with 25 knockouts
    Amir Khan record and bio
    Name: Amir Khan
    Nationality: British
    Born: December 8, 1986
    Height: 5-8 ½
    Reach: 71"
    Total fights: 37
    Record: 33-4 with 20 knockouts
    Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan fight card
    Matchup Class Belt
    Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan Welterweight WBO
    Shakur Stevenson vs. Christopher Diaz Featherweight ...
    Teofimo Lopez vs. Edis Tatli Lightweight ...
    Felix Verdejo vs. Bryan Vasquez Lightweight ...
    Carlos Adames vs. Frank Galarza Jr. Middleweight ...
    Lawrence Newton vs. Jonathan Garza Bantamweight ...
    Vikas Krishan vs. Noah Kidd Jr. Middleweight ...
    Edgar Berlanga vs. Samir dos Santos Barbosa Super Middleweight ...
    Larry Fryers vs. Dakota Polley Jr. Welterweight ...

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ter...204609119.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Khan didn’t go 9-2 against the opposition you claimed he went 9-2 against. He went 8-3
    That is true, Ron. I don't consider the Peterson loss but officially you're correct.
    And now we get to the crux of the matter. DENIAL! nut hugging to the max!
    But thats true though Primo? Never a loss.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford vs Khan 20/4/2019 BT Sport Radio 5 Live

Khan go sleep time again

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan v Terence Crawford: BBC Radio 5 Live to broadcast world title fight

BBC Radio 5 Live will have live commentary of Amir Khan's fight against WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford at Madison Square Garden on Sunday morning (around 04:00 BST).

Briton Khan, 32, will be the underdog against the American, 31, who has held world titles in three divisions.

Khan returned to boxing last April after 23 months away from the sport and secured two wins in 2018.

The Olympic silver medallist has a record of 33 wins and four defeats.

BBC boxing correspondent Mike Costello will be joined on commentary by Paulie Malignaggi, who lost to Khan in a world title fight in 2010.

There will be a preview show on Radio 5 Live Sport from 19:00 BST on Thursday and Costello and Bunce boxing podcasts on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday post-fight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/47967370

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

won't be paying for this but do i bother getting up to watch it on a stream..........
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    won't be paying for this but do i bother getting up to watch it on a stream..........
    I am struggling to stay up too, but it is on the radio.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Won't be paying for it but have to hand it to Arum for once with two of boxings top prospects, Lopez and Stevenson, on undercard v very experienced challengers.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Won't be paying for it but have to hand it to Arum for once with two of boxings top prospects, Lopez and Stevenson, on undercard v very experienced challengers.
    It just makes no sense to make it PPV. At least DAZN is just allowing the monthly payment and not make PPVs. Doesn’t make sense to pay for ESPN+ then still have to pay for PPV

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interested to know why you don’t consider it? Khan cheated throughout the entire fight to have success then EVENTUALLY was punished for his continued cheated to try and continue success. You are not allowed to hold then shove and hit, it’s the rules, he was punished for it. He was rewarded for cheating and punished for cheating, seems fair.

I think I still had Khan edging it if I recall correctly. Just curious if you had Khan edging it with the deductions or if you think Khan should have been allowed to cheat throughout the entire fight?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I am struggling to stay up too, but it is on the radio.
    Fresh from my winnings on Tiger I have invested £10 on Crawford to win in the first 3 at 5-1

Not tipping either way but Naz he ain't

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information