Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Carson Jones-Ricardo Williams USBA title fight set for December 15!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carson Jones-Ricardo Williams USBA title fight set for December 15!

Oklahoma City, OK (November 2, 2011) - USBA welterweight champion Carson Jones will look to take another step towards his dream of fighting for a world title when he battles 2000 Olympic Silver Medalist Ricardo “Slicky Ricky” Williams in the main event of “The Corona Rumble at Remington, Presented by Monster Energy” Thursday, December 15 at Remington Park in Oklahoma City, OK.

The card is promoted by HD Boxing and tickets are available by calling 405-473-500 or going to Ticket Sales - Live Professional Boxing at Remington Park on 12/15/2011 7:00 PM.

Jones, 32-8-2 (22 KO’s), hasn’t had any soft touches in the paid ranks, battling a plethora of prospects, contenders and undefeated fighters. Although he’s had his fair share of frustrations, the 25 year old has been on a tear during the last two and a half years, compiling an outstanding 15-1-1 record against solid opposition. Jones’ victims include record breaking knockout artist Tyrone Brunson (21-0-1), Michi Munoz (21-2), Jason LeHoullier (21-2-1), Michael Clark (41-5-1) and Said Ouali (28-3).

Once considered a can’t miss fighter, Williams has also been through a number of ups and downs since turning pro in January 2001. The quick handed Cincinnati native lost twice in his first 11 bouts and was out of the ring for more than three years due to legal issues. Since resurfacing in 2008, Williams has won all ten of his bouts, putting his current professional ledger at 19-2 with 10 KO’s.

“This is my first title defense,” said Jones, who is rated sixth by the IBF and defeated the aforementioned Clark to win the USBA belt. “When I defended the NABA junior middleweight title, I didn’t come out on top but I am better at welterweight than I was at 154 and I’ve scored six straight knockouts. I don’t think Williams will give me any trouble at all and I don’t see this fight going the distance!”

For more information on Jones, “The Corona Rumble at Remington, Presented by Monster Energy” or HD Boxing, go to HDBoxing.net.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carson Jones-Ricardo Williams USBA title fight set for December 15!

Wow what an intriguing fight.. Carson Jones is so underappreciated but the dude is a true fighter..

I used to be high on Ricardo Williams back in the early 2000s but it looks like he finally hit a big bout after his comeback.. He's obviously not the same fighter after those wasted years in prison but i wish him the best.. It's a longshot but a victory for him would be a feel good story..

Jones has elevated his game though and he's a better fighter today.. I think he'll be too much for WIlliams at this point but we'll see..

2002 wants Ricardo back! lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a waste of talent Williams was!

I think Jones beat him
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Jones a lot. He's limited and hittable, but still a good sound boxer. Also, he seems to have improved over his last 5 or 10 fights and has a USBA trinket. Guy has a ton of heart from the couple times I've seen him.

Didn't know Williams was on the comeback trail. He was touted as a super talented fighter when he turned pro, then seemed to lose his desire and cash out.

Hope its televised.

Go Jones !
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information