Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuck all your politics, the villa are back in the premier league!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fuck all your politics, the villa are back in the premier league!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Terry would be a mug to join Middlesbrough, if Chelsea come calling then its a different matter but I think he is happy to bide his time and stick with us for the minute.

After all we are the 3rd richest team in the premier league

Terry won't go anywhere for a while.
    Why would he when Villa have 2 Billionaire owners bank rolling them.
    It'll be interesting to see who you buy pre season but I expect some top end signings to arrive.
    No doubt about it Villa will be challenging for top 4 in a matter of years, they can just buy their way to success just like Chelsea did when Abramovich took over.
    Won't happen over night but I'd be a very happy man if I was a Villa fan.
    I'm not getting ahead of myself just yet, first off we need to re-establish ourselves in the top flight, that's the most important thing right now.

It's certainly a very interesting and exciting time for us at the minute though

"Top flight" πŸ˜‚

Villa have never been that but can do a Chelsea/Man City and buy their way to it.
    If a Premier League club have Billionare backing then they'll win trophies sooner or later - Simple.
    Not sure if you know what top flight means, it isn't the big boys like Chelsea/Man City, it is literally every team in the premier league, as in the premier league IS the top flight, doesn't matter who you are, if you are in the prem you are playing in the top flight.

That's what I meant, the villa need to establish themselves as a premiership club again, I didn't mean we need to go out and win the league.

Top flight is not the Premier League for English teams it's when you regularly mix with European competion.
    Champions League and Europa - Top 6 basically.
    Huddersfield were absolutely shit all season and nowhere near a top flight team.
    The Premier League has become 2 seperate leagues with the gulf in class almost embarrassing which is why a breakaway European league is inevitable.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Huddersfield were playing in the top flight though, the premier league is the top flight, it is the highest tier of English football

From the Cambridge Dictionary
    the top flight

the highest level in a job or sport:
    The Sheffield Eagles move down to the second division after two seasons in the top flight.

I do get what you are saying though, the gulf in class between the top 6 is embarrassing and it ins't going to get any better anytime soon.

Who do you support anyways?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The mighty Tottenham Hotspur πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

El Kabong Guest

The mighty Tottenham Hotspur πŸ‘ŠπŸ»
    For some reason I thought you were a Chelsea fan.

I am quite pleased Villa are back up and hopefully they stick around. I hope they never take points off of Liverpool mind you, but I like them being up they are for me the typical midtable club. Amazing that Glenn Whelan & Mile Jedinak are still at it.

@Batman so who do you guys need to pick up in the summer window? What positions need filling in order for you guys to stay up?
    Last edited by El Kabong; 05-30-2019 at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We will need either a new centre back or left back, a new centre midfielder, a new right winger and a new striker, we have a goalkeeper who is questionable but I don't think that will be a priority.

El Kabong Guest

We will need either a new centre back or left back, a new centre midfielder, a new right winger and a new striker, we have a goalkeeper who is questionable but I don't think that will be a priority.
    Wow that's a lot, but I reckon you'll have the money to make it happen. Think Grealish will stay put?

You guys finally going to get rid of Micah Richards? Hard to believe he used to be a top prospect.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Wow that's a lot, but I reckon you'll have the money to make it happen. Think Grealish will stay put?

You guys finally going to get rid of Micah Richards? Hard to believe he used to be a top prospect.
    Yeah Jack ain't going nowhere unless someone comes in with a stupid contract for him, he's still celebrating on the piss from Mondays game.

To be fair I listed 4 or 5 positions, that isn't too much at all really, most teams completely overhaul their squad when they get promotion, we have a good core down there and fantastic team spirit, Dean Smith won't want to break that up he will want to build on it.

Get them positions sorted and we should safely finish between 10th and 15th which I'll be happy with for our first season back.

El Kabong Guest

Yeah 4-5 players isn't too much change but you'll obviously be shipping players out too (I'd assume most to lower leagues). I'm glad Jack is staying put as it's always nice to have the hometown hero make good and it's likewise very special when you have a player play his entire career at one club.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Jack ain't going nowhere unless someone comes in with a stupid contract for him, he's still celebrating on the piss from Mondays game.

To be fair I listed 4 or 5 positions, that isn't too much at all really, most teams completely overhaul their squad when they get promotion, we have a good core down there and fantastic team spirit, Dean Smith won't want to break that up he will want to build on it.

Get them positions sorted and we should safely finish between 10th and 15th which I'll be happy with for our first season back.
    Aston the home of Black Sabbath batman.☺️

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

Aston the home of Black Sabbath batman.☺️
    They play paranoid and crazy train before the team come out at every home game

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

24 games down, outside of the relegation zone and a trip to Wembley to get fucking hammered by man city.

Couldn't have asked for more this season so far, the football has been fucking awful but by some fucking miracle we are outside of the drop zone.

It could all go fucking wrong and most likely will, we ain't a good side and Grealish is carrying the entire squad single handedly but if we can keep scrapping and manage to stay up I'll be over the moon, gunna be a long ending to the season.

A day out to Wembley is always good though.

El Kabong Guest

Hopefully the release clause for Grealish is massive. I'm happy Villa are doing well, it was when they were stealing points off of Liverpool when I hated them. Fuck Barry Bannan and Andreas Weimann! Lol

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Grealish would look good in a Liverpool shirt.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Batman how do you like John mcginn... Funnily enough I thought(and still think) 3 other youngsters saint mirren had were more talented than him but he seems to be on the way to have the best career.. Although Charlie Adam despite people making fun of him had a good run for a fat Scotsman..

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terrible result and terrible performance yesterday, complete lack of quality on the pitch, gave the ball away far too easily, no creativity coming from anyone other than Grealish (again)

Still outside of the drop zone (barely) so can't complain right now but I still fear the worst for us.

@palmerq McGinn is a cracking little player but he does have his flaws, he runs and runs like a mad man, gives away silly fouls and finds himself caught out of position too often, we are desperate for him to come back though, he was playing with a torn thigh muscle before he got himself properly injured and it was showing, his performances were well below par.
    One thing that annoyed me about the Villa fans was that he was put on a pedestal after his first game for us, you were not allowed to say a single negative thing about him without them jumping on you.

Thread Information