Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anybody from the UK been to or are planning to go to Atlantic City?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anybody from the UK been to or are planning to go to Atlantic City?

Thinking about going for the Froch fight.

Anybody from the UK been to Atlantic City for a fight?

Whats the best/cheapest way to do the trip?
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anybody from the UK been to or are planning to go to Atlantic City?

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ard-fight.html

I didn't get any biters on my thread. Hopefully with the power of the 2 combined we shall get some replies

With regards to the trip itself as a package, I would expect with Froch being with a proper promoter now, Matchroom will be putting on some package deals.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Havent been to Atlantic City but been to Vegas alot of times, Package deals from the promoters are abit on the expensive side. I have booked a hotel plus flight with expedia and opodo check both for cheapest. Which i have found to be fairly well priced.

If you book it all separate yourself i have also done this it can work out abit cheaper but it takes abit longer trolling the net for cheap flights and finding a decent hotel that is close to where the fight takes place.

Hope this helps abit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I found it a lot cheaper doing it all my sewlf when I went tp Vegas for Hatton-Mayweather.

Will do some looking about and then update this thread.
    Balls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ard-fight.html

I didn't get any biters on my thread. Hopefully with the power of the 2 combined we shall get some replies

With regards to the trip itself as a package, I would expect with Froch being with a proper promoter now, Matchroom will be putting on some package deals.

Let me know if you get any deals thanks mate.
    Balls

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How long you planning on going for ? I don't think its actually that far from New York (maybe 100-150 miles ??).

You will defo be able to get a flight there easy enough and wouldnt have thought train take that long from NYC ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Distances of the 3 major airports to Atlantic City (AC):
    Philadelphia Airport, Pennsylvania (PHL) = 65 miles
    Newark Airport, New Jersey (EWR) = 110 m
    New York Airport, New York (JFK) = 135 m
    There is the Atlantic City International Airport (ACY) but I don't think that would be cheaper than flights going to the above three but you can try.

From the three major airports, flights to PHL may be cheaper but there is no regular scheduled shuttle between PHL and AC. To go to AC from PHL you may have to take a bus going to Philadelphia Center, another bus to AC and then a cab going to your destination. The most convenient way would be to take a private car service with a driving distance of 65 min and rate approximately $ 105. Maybe with all the extras that you will have to pay to go to your hotel, booking a flight to ACY might not turn up bad after all.

To get cheap hotel rates, try kayak.com or hotwire.com. The problem with the later website is that they will have a very limited listing for hotels in that area and you won't know the name of the hotel that you are booking until after you booked it. You will just have to rely on the hotel star rating which is accurate. This has saved me a lot of money but you will not always find there what you are looking for.

I hope this helps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Distances of the 3 major airports to Atlantic City (AC):
    Philadelphia Airport, Pennsylvania (PHL) = 65 miles
    Newark Airport, New Jersey (EWR) = 110 m
    New York Airport, New York (JFK) = 135 m
    There is the Atlantic City International Airport (ACY) but I don't think that would be cheaper than flights going to the above three but you can try.

From the three major airports, flights to PHL may be cheaper but there is no regular scheduled shuttle between PHL and AC. To go to AC from PHL you may have to take a bus going to Philadelphia Center, another bus to AC and then a cab going to your destination. The most convenient way would be to take a private car service with a driving distance of 65 min and rate approximately $ 105. Maybe with all the extras that you will have to pay to go to your hotel, booking a flight to ACY might not turn up bad after all.

To get cheap hotel rates, try kayak.com or hotwire.com. The problem with the later website is that they will have a very limited listing for hotels in that area and you won't know the name of the hotel that you are booking until after you booked it. You will just have to rely on the hotel star rating which is accurate. This has saved me a lot of money but you will not always find there what you are looking for.

I hope this helps.

Thats great info thanks.

I got an aunty who lives in New Jersey,I am hoping I could stay with her for part of the time at least.
    Balls

Thread Information