Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Mike Tyson was guilty of rape?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Do you think Mike Tyson was guilty of rape?

Do you? Or do you think he had a poor defense team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you think Mike Tyson was guilty of rape?

I find that in life I attract different types of people based on my honesty and openness in my approach to building these specific relationships. This is not only about romantic relationships, but it extends into business, and general friendships.

The times in my life when I looked for instant gratification and I was not honest with myself and the other person I ended up mingling with some very negative women or business partners. Because in a way those women and business partners were looking for the same thing just from a different perspective. So I fall into the school of thought that thinks you attract what you are at that very specific moment. Reality is really what you make it.

So with that in mind. Do I think he is a rapist? I doubt it. But he got what he attracted somehow. Nothing happens by chance.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read his latest book and it was all stacked against him in the courtroom before he even got in there if i remember rightly and his legal team were a joke.

I didn't even think he did it at the time even before the court case and had a gut feeling it was just some money driven bitch who set him up.

As soon as i found out she was chauffeured to his hotel wearing only underwear i knew he'd been set up.

This guy nails it here

I've been reading Mike Tyson's autobiography and his take and description on the rape trial is quite interesting. He didn't rape the girl, she was just a gold-digging whore who was very financially motivated to cry rape. Some feminist laws came and fucked him too. It's very unlikely that he would have actually done time were he to have an actually good legal defence team.
    How he finally got sentenced is best summarised: (Mike Tyson writing): As far as I’m concerned, Mark Shaw had it right when he said in his book. “To his dismay [the criminal justice system] hit Tyson with a pro- prosecution judge, prosecutors who may have withheld critical evidence, a borderline incompetent trial defense attorney whose bumbling defense may have been more responsible for the guilty verdict than everything else combined and a jury that paid more attention to Tyson’s bad- boy public image than to the incompleteness of the case’s facts. Garrison’s best achievement at trial was his strategy in successfully presenting Desiree Washington as the shy, inexperienced, naïve, prim and proper college student that they in fact knew her not to be. Utilizing the full protection of the rape shield law, and fully aware that Washington had in fact signed an agreement to sue Tyson and sell her movie and book rights, the prosecutors, who were also aware of Washington’s questionable sexual past, and her need for therapy, made certain that the jury never saw any indication that Washington was anything other than a church- going goody two- shoes.”
    The "Rape shield" law, which the judge presiding over the case actually helped establish earlier in her career is a law that means the defendant is not allowed to present the "victim's" sexual past as evidence. So Desiree being a gigantic whore becomes a non-issue. fuck ay? I guess these are the types of laws that have come into play to make rape such a legal clusterfuck for men.
    Mike Tyson had a shit lawyer because of his shit manager. Were Mike a bit more responsible at that time of his life with legal stuff this shit never would have happened.
    Hope you learn a thing or two for any of you guys who, like me, were curious. I recommend you read the biography, it's fucking amazing, oh and Mike fucks loads of girls before going to prison, ironic enough for you? He's sort of red pill, but without any of the emotional stoicism and with an inconceivably high SMV.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel Mike's persona played more of a role in the guilty verdict. Washington had apparently tried to accuse an ex boyfriend of rape as she had said her father would kill her if he found out she wasn't a virgin. This was withheld from the jury.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didn't rape her, they had sex which is exactly what she wanted anyway then just cried rape straight after.
    Tyson was 100% stitched up by her.
    He even had to have video cameras in any room he had sex in after that just to cover him if it happened again.
    If you haven't read his Autobiography it's a brilliant read, Tyson lived one crazy life and was bang on the drugs even when he was a young world champion.

I'm as sure as i can be that we could be sat here talking about one of the very best (if not the best) Heavyweight fighters in History had Cus lived another 10 - 15 years.

Sadly we'll never know, Tyson could have self destructed regardless of Cus - that much fame and money and being so young can seriously fuck with anyones head

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I do know is that Don King cashed in Tyson's life insurance that Cus started for Mike. Don brought in Tyson's defence team and they deliberately portrayed Tyson to be a sex hungry scumbag which ended up a bad tactical error of judgement.

I think it was consensual but he was at fault for putting himself in that situation.

If Tyson had to video tape himself having sex with women then there must be plenty of videos of him about.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the figurative sense..... he's the one who got raped.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he probly did do it

he probably had a different bird every night and was just used to shagging anyone he wanted
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    he probly did do it

he probably had a different bird every night and was just used to shagging anyone he wanted
    Difference is they consented to it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never been convinced he did - I know he had his demons but as said he had women throwing themselves at him left right and centre so why would he ??

I too think he was going down the moment he stepped into that courtroom.

Only two people know the truth
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No he was set up and to this day he still hang admitted it :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    No he was set up and to this day he still hasn't admitted it and it could have shortened his sentence :-)
    still

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I've never been convinced he did - I know he had his demons but as said he had women throwing themselves at him left right and centre so why would he ??

I too think he was going down the moment he stepped into that courtroom.

Only two people know the truth
    I believe we all here know the truth (all who think it wasn't rape ).
    Mike has no reason to lie, especially now.
    He admits that some of his short term relationships could have been rightly accused as rape-worthy, by the letter of the law.
    But not that one.
    I know that Mike Tyson has acted improperly in the past & been guilty of many things.
    However I usually could follow his thought process & understand why he did most of them.
    Take a couple bites out of Evander's battering-ram head?
    Wrong action, but I do get it.
    Start a free-for-all @ the preflight press conference with Lennox?
    Deliver a nut-sacker to a big mouth motorist @ an accident scene?
    Give up during the McBride fight & quit on the stool?
    Good God...Wrong action, but I do get it.
    LOTS of wrong actions.
    I fully believe that he is an honest person.
    I like Mike.
    We'd be drinking chums if he lived on my street.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was some much bullsh*t to the case. There was a phone in the bathroom that she used prior to the alleged rape; that she could have used if she was in fear. She removed her tampon I think it was. Tyson also could have got out a year early if he admitted guilt I think but remained firm on his innocence.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike Tyson was guilty before proven innocent in an incident that took place in the Bible belt USA. She was an opportunist and a gold digger. It was one in the morning and she had Mike's chauffeur drive her over. She was a skank that tried to clean her act up removing her tampon and Mike was a dirty dog depending on who you believe. She was trying to become one of the Hollywood crowd. She told others she was pissed off at Mike for not walking her to the limo but as we find out later his legs weren't making it. Imagine a rape victim dancing in a chorus line the next day. She was smiling now doesn't that seem strange? She was unmarked too and she probably wasn't a good lay anyway. Can you picture those preachers telling their sons about why they should choose a new hero? I can hear them even now saying,"You don't want to be like Mike." There are two things in this world that causes arguments, fights with large dental bills, murder and war. Fear and envy. Choose one as Albert Einstein once did. "As long as there are humans there will be war."

I think that back stabbing of this proportion was brought forth by Mike because he is a feared human being and most of the people that stabbed him in the back did it from within the crowd. It was something like the saying that went,"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Mike went to jail and what about her movie rights? Somebody look it up please?

If Julius Caesar was alive today you could bet his advice would be to watch his back.
    Last edited by johnsebastianmiran; 04-18-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Thread Information