Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bernard Dunne v Poonsawat Kratingdaengym

Two years ago, Bernard Dunne was reeling after a thunderous KO loss to Spaniard Kiko Martinez within the first three minutes. His European title had been carted off to Spain by a huge underdog, and Dunne was facing the kind of criticism of his chin that Amir Khan can sympathise with. Fast forward two years, and Martinez is title-less after two defeats to Munroe, and Dunne took his chance to jump the queue, winning the WBA Super Bantam title with a spectacular KO win over Ricardo Cordoba.

A lot of criticism was answered in that win as Dunne came back from being on the floor twice in the fifth round to finish Cordoba off in the 11th. Though his chin is still suspect, at least he's shown he can come off the floor and regain his composure as he failed to do against Martinez.

Saturday night sees him take on Thai contender Kratingdaengym, whose only loss came to Wladimir Sidorenko for the bantamweight title, and holds a win over Dunne's last victim Cordoba at that weight. As with many Thai fighters, Krat's record is boosted by many fighters who really shouldn't have been in with him. Having never seen him fight, his record suggests that he isn't a huge puncher, but will have been a tidy boxer to get the nod over Cordoba.

Either way, should be interesting to see how he deals with the partisan Irish crowd, and whether he can get his hands on a world title at the second time of asking. And if that isn't temptation enough to make the evening interesting, the (contraversially) undefeated Tyson Fury is keeping busy with another appearance barely a fortnight after he won the English heavyweight title against McDermott.

And if you're interested, there'll be a webcast from the RTE website from 9.30pm UK time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Poonsawat Kratingdaengym

should be a good night, I can see Dunne winning this but theres a decent size list of fighters in the division that would beat him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I expect Dunne to win by decision, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Kradatingadaenamygymagym () pulled off the upset. As you said, his biggest obstacle may very well be the mental aspect of the fight, and how well he handles the lobsided support in the crowd, as well as the thunderous noise they will no doubt be making.

The most interesting thing about this fight however, will be listening to Jimmy McGee (commentator) trying to pronounce the Thai fighter's name on a repetitive basis.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie View Post
    I expect Dunne to win by decision, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Kradatingadaenamygymagym () pulled off the upset. As you said, his biggest obstacle may very well be the mental aspect of the fight, and how well he handles the lobsided support in the crowd, as well as the thunderous noise they will no doubt be making.

The most interesting thing about this fight however, will be listening to Jimmy McGee (commentator) trying to pronounce the Thai fighter's name on a repetitive basis.
    I believe the official Irish pronunciation of his name will either be 'Poon' or 'Krat'. Either way, it will sound like a large weapon used for hunting sharks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggie View Post

I believe the official Irish pronunciation of his name will either be 'Poon' or 'Krat'. Either way, it will sound like a large weapon used for hunting sharks.
    Or he'll just refer to him as 'The Thai lad.' Jimmy is such a legend.
    I bet he hunts sharks really well too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dunne to win, prob on points. Poonsawat fought in germany and lost, all his other fights have been in thailand. I sense he'll be a nervous traveller. Bernard has been training just as hard for this fight if not harder than the cordoba fight. Diet and strength and conditioning spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dunnes fight against Cordoba was a classic and ive been looking forward to seeing him fight again ever since. Bernard Dunne by unanimous decision.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His last fight against Cordoba was one of the fights of the year IMO for sure. I have a great copy of it if anyone wishes to see. Just don't have an account to load it up to......

Should be a good fight this weekend. Like Super says, its broadcast over the internet too. It'll be on here www.rte.ie/live if anyone wnats to see it.

I can see a knockout this weekend again to be honest, and would be surprised if Poonswat won but I'd put my money on Dunne by KO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pavlikfan View Post
    Dunnes fight against Cordoba was a classic and ive been looking forward to seeing him fight again ever since. Bernard Dunne by unanimous decision.

had only seen brief glimpses of bernard dunne before i watched that fight. Best ive seen in 2009 personally.

Never seen the fella his fighting and f*ck trying to pronounce his name. If its anything like the cordoba fight though it`ll be well worth finding a stream for
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Thread Information