Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gurerro wants np piece of thurman

So repotedly , the ghost wants no part of "one time" what do u make of this? Is gurerro scared or do u think his team simply has other plans?

I think they know that's an e z fight for kieth KO WITHIN 6 IMO

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gurerro wants np piece of thurman

I dont even like guerrero but in his defense, it's hard to get up for a 300k fight when he got payed over 3 million in his last bout. Fighters' standards go up once they win the floyd lotto and nobody can blame them.

Thurman represents high risk/low reward so guererrois making a wise business decision. He aint scared thats for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Ghost is scared!!! After losing like he did, he can't help but think about the possiblity os losing again. And he know One Time is the right person to do it.
    2. Thurman is not the path to another big payday right now. Thurman needs more fights and to headline.
    3.the Ghost want to fight Victor Ortiz or Berto.
    4. Smart money would be to fight Kell Brook in order to get another title shot sooner then later.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why people get surprised when big name fighters (especially a guy just coming off the biggest payday of his career vs Mayweather) don't want to take high risk/low reward fights.

If I told you I'd give you A) $20,000 to jog 5 miles through Danbury, Connecticut, or B) $14,000 to jog 10 miles through the worst slums of Brooklyn, which option would you choose?

Unfortunately for Thurman, the risk involved in fighting him far outweights the small rewards you'd get for fighting and beating him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guerrero can bank into a better match, especially if a Floyd whips Alvarez, right now. Even in a lesser build up fight where he can establish. Thurman has only now just opened the door in a showcase fight and frankly Guerrero can do better at this point in time I would think. Guerrero had cancer ravage his wife among other things, pretty sure all his scared is used up.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After Guerrero inept performance he needs to earn the right to get the big fights. He was poor and I hate him for it because I bought into his hype and promise of a war.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlondeBomber View Post
    So repotedly , the ghost wants no part of "one time" what do u make of this? Is gurerro scared or do u think his team simply has other plans?

Please. Why should he fight Thurman? Thurman is now one of the most overrated fighters on earth and a sloppy fighter to boot. He's not in the same league and would be a step back for Guerrero.
    Guerrero just moved up two weight classes and beat Aydin, slapped the shit out of Berto and fought Floyd.

And Thurman?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Please. Why should he fight Thurman? Thurman is now one of the most overrated fighters on earth and a sloppy fighter to boot. He's not in the same league and would be a step back for Guerrero.
    Guerrero just moved up two weight classes and beat Aydin, slapped the shit out of Berto and fought Floyd.

And Thurman?
    I like Thurman and I hope he goes further than Berto did.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

And Thurman?
    He's ok but this ducking inference is crazy. Why would he risk all that he has worked for against some mouthy upstart that has barely got his feet wet in this market?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Thurman?
    He's ok but this ducking inference is crazy. Why would he risk all that he has worked for against some mouthy upstart that has barely got his feet wet in this market?
    In that case why is the Ghost not taking the fight?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Thurman?
    Cause there is nothing in it for him.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Inuit is right, you have to consider it a big step back for Ghost. There's nothing in it for him. He can make a lot more money fighting other guys. If he wins? Ah well so what, Thurman was an overrated prospect.

Thurman is the only one who has anything to gain.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Thurman?
    Ghost lost a lot of credibility against Floyd he needs to earn it back and fighting a young, hungry up and coming welter like Thurman would be perfect.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ghost lost a lot of credibility against Floyd he needs to earn it back and fighting a young, hungry up and coming welter like Thurman would be perfect.

Cant agree brother. Losing to Floyd does not lose him cred even if he looked like a tree in cement. His jumping up two and beating who he did to get that shot is pretty historic. He can still get on a ppv undercard with his accomplishments thus far. Thurman might make the non televised portion. Just to much to risk. If this was 1940 sure but the whole aspect of risk and reward has been rewritten. Its just the way this market works. I'd agree with you 100% if this was a different marketplace.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Thurman?
    Guerrero has won titles in 3 weight classes. 4 if you count his interim title. His credibility is just fine

Thread Information