Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James Toney pissed about Hopkins being called a legend

FIGHTHYPE \\ JAMES TONEY: "BERNARD JOBBED EVERYBODY...HE WOULDN'T GO 6 ROUNDS WITH ME"

Says he think Roy was flat because of trying to make weight, and Bernard's mother must have had sex with a goat because of the way he comes with his head all the time.
    Last edited by JonesJrMayweather; 04-07-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Toney pissed about Hopkins being called a legend

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    FIGHTHYPE \\ JAMES TONEY: "BERNARD JOBBED EVERYBODY...HE WOULDN'T GO 6 ROUNDS WITH ME"

Says he think Roy was flat because of trying to make weight, and Bernard's mother must have had sex with a goat because of the way he comes he with his head all the time.
    That's how you talk trash, Toney may not have it in the ring anymore, but damn if he had a talk show I'd watch.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice to hear someone speak the truth about Hopkins. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All bollocks of course

Hopkins is an ass and just about the lamest fighter around. But if you cant respect his acheivements and understand why he will be recognised as a hall of famer for generations to come then you just dont get this sport
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"He wouldn't six rounds with me" No shit genius you outweigh him by probably 100 pounds now. Just shut the f**k up and take it. B-Hop has accomplished much more than Toney ever has and now he wants to talk shit. How about when B-Hop called him out in the mid nineties and Toney wanted no part of him. Toney is nothing but a mouth anymore and I hope his damn ass gets KTFO when he switches to that UFC shit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney is still the undisputed king of smack, if only he could still back it up.

He will be calling out fighters in his 80's I'm sure and still fighting allcomers on some travelling roadshow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally don't like B-Hop but have a great respect for his achievements. Anyway I kept my fingers crossed for RJJ in their last fight

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    "He wouldn't six rounds with me" No shit genius you outweigh him by probably 100 pounds now. Just shut the f**k up and take it. B-Hop has accomplished much more than Toney ever has and now he wants to talk shit. How about when B-Hop called him out in the mid nineties and Toney wanted no part of him. Toney is nothing but a mouth anymore and I hope his damn ass gets KTFO when he switches to that UFC shit.
    B-Hop has achieved much more than James Toney ? in what way ? James Toney has beaten better fighters than B-Hop, and also moved all the way up to Heavyweight. Plus James Toney was a much more exciting fighter aswell, So in what way has B-Hop achieved more ?

James Toney's Best Wins.

Michael Nunn
    Mike McCallum x2
    Tim Littles
    Evander Holyfield
    Vassiliy Jirov
    Reggie Johnson
    Doug DeWitt
    Iran Barkley
    Charles Williams
    Tony Thorton

Titles at Middleweight, Super Middleweight, Cruiserweight.

And he beat John Ruiz for the WBA title aswell, forgetting about the steroids. Because like they helped anyway did you see James Toney in that fight ? i know rules are rules and i agree with the decision of a NC, but come on James Toney would of whooped John Ruiz 100 out of 100.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...toney is pissed that he wasted money watching that silly fight.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    B-Hop has achieved much more than James Toney ? in what way ? James Toney has beaten better fighters than B-Hop, and also moved all the way up to Heavyweight. Plus James Toney was a much more exciting fighter aswell, So in what way has B-Hop achieved more ?

James Toney's Best Wins.

Michael Nunn
    Mike McCallum x2
    Tim Littles
    Evander Holyfield
    Vassiliy Jirov
    Reggie Johnson
    Doug DeWitt
    Iran Barkley
    Charles Williams
    Tony Thorton

And he beat John Ruiz for the WBA title aswell, forgetting about the steroids. Because like they helped anyway did you see James Toney in that fight ? i know rules are rules and i agree with the decision of a NC, but come on James Toney would of whooped John Ruiz 100 out of 100.

It's not that he didn't face good fighter's I simply stated that B-Hop's reign at middleweight mean's much more than James Toney's championship fight's against decent opposition. I mean Jirov was good but come on did anyone really think he could win? Hell no they thought Toney should have destroyed him it just turned out that Jirov was a much tougher fighter than anticipated. Do I have to mention John Ruiz's championship belt was bought by Don King? And that he certainly was not a good champion and anyone who wasn't ancient ( Holyfield ) or someone who fouled (Kirk Johnson) would have beaten him.

I hate the simple fact that James Toney always runs his mouth and 75 percent of the time doesn't do a damn thing about it. HE trashed mouth B-Hop then and now and wouldn't fight him. He trashed Tarver after he knock Roy Jones cold. Tarver said he would fight Toney and Toney had nothing to say. Here is the short list James Toney has shit on and not done a damn thing when they verbally accepted his challenge.

B-Hop
    Tarver
    Chris Byrd
    Jameel McCline - which was all but done but Toney broke his leg and wanted to postpone and he never signed again, later I believe he fought Rydell Booker.
    both Klitschko brother's
    And Roy Jones.

All mouth and not enough action f**k Toney.
    Last edited by The Fightfan; 04-07-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is funny and sometimes true what he says.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both are starting to make a joke of their legacies. Jones already did.Might as well make it a trifecta!

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Toney's Best Wins.

Michael Nunn
    Mike McCallum x2
    Tim Littles
    Evander Holyfield
    Vassiliy Jirov
    Reggie Johnson
    Doug DeWitt
    Iran Barkley
    Charles Williams
    Tony Thorton

Why does Toney being more exciting mean he is the better fighter ?

I guess that means Hopkins gets 1 up on Toney for being the more disciplined fighter who came to every fight in top shape. I certainly can't say the same for Toney.

Hopkins should also get another 1 up on Toney for being a clean fighter, another thing i can't say for Toney who has tested postive for illegal substances.

Half those guys you mentioned aren't worth much either.

Giving Toney credit for a win over Tim Littles is like giving Hopkins credit for beating Joe Lipsey. Doug Dewitt and Charles Williams also shouldn't be mentioned.

Holyfield was shot in the Toney fight.

McCallum was old for the last fight. I'll give you the 2nd fight though.

Jirov was a decent win but nothing spectactular. Nunn was a nice win. Same for the Reggie Johnson and Iran Barkley wins. Two Losses to Montell Griffin don't help his resume though.

Toney is a 3 division champ which helps his achivements but his resume isn't the strongest.

Hopkins is a two division champ and defended his middleweight crown 20 times. He didn't lose his middleweight title till he was in his 40s.

His biggest wins are over Trinidad, Tarver, Pavlik. He was the underdog in all those fights and dominated them. He was 41 against Tarver and 43 against Pavlik.

Other notable wins include Wright, De La Hoya, Johnson, Elchols, Joppy, Eastman. Three of his losses came when he was in his 40's and they were close.

Hopkins resume could be better but it's better than Toneys. Hopkins also plans a heavyweight fight this year, a win against Haye would blow him past Toney in the achivements catergory.

Prime for Prime, it would be a tough fight, both guys had what it took to beat each other.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Toney to death but he should sit down on this one.Seriously.When it mattered and Hopkins and Jones jr fought so many years ago....of the two which can say they came in peak shape mentally and physically and applied all of their skills in that contest?Certainly not Toney...he got psyched out and went from a career best performance vs Barkley to shit preperation and came in bloated and tired.He blew it though even as a Toney fan I dont think it would have mattered vs that Jones.

He of all people cant say anything about lounging around and half efforts in the ring,he was a master at timing out rounds and his mouth over ran his effort on a few occasions.Can you ever see Hopkins dogging it and being upset by a Drake Thadzi,pumping god knows what into his body and pissing away the credibility of one of his career best wins,Ruiz.He's done now and barking from the sidelines...though making valid points expressed by some fans,rings shallow.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post

James Toney's Best Wins.

Michael Nunn
    Mike McCallum x2
    Tim Littles
    Evander Holyfield
    Vassiliy Jirov
    Reggie Johnson
    Doug DeWitt
    Iran Barkley
    Charles Williams
    Tony Thorton

Why does Toney being more exciting mean he is the better fighter ?

I guess that means Hopkins gets 1 up on Toney for being the more disciplined fighter who came to every fight in top shape. I certainly can't say the same for Toney.

Hopkins should also get another 1 up on Toney for being a clean fighter, another thing i can't say for Toney who has tested postive for illegal substances.

Half those guys you mentioned aren't worth much either.

Giving Toney credit for a win over Tim Littles is like giving Hopkins credit for beating Joe Lipsey. Doug Dewitt and Charles Williams also shouldn't be mentioned.

Holyfield was shot in the Toney fight.

McCallum was old for the last fight. I'll give you the 2nd fight though.

Jirov was a decent win but nothing spectactular. Nunn was a nice win. Same for the Reggie Johnson and Iran Barkley wins. Two Losses to Montell Griffin don't help his resume though.

Toney is a 3 division champ which helps his achivements but his resume isn't the strongest.

Hopkins is a two division champ and defended his middleweight crown 20 times. He didn't lose his middleweight title till he was in his 40s.

His biggest wins are over Trinidad, Tarver, Pavlik. He was the underdog in all those fights and dominated them. He was 41 against Tarver and 43 against Pavlik.

Other notable wins include Wright, De La Hoya, Johnson, Elchols, Joppy, Eastman. Three of his losses came when he was in his 40's and they were close.

Hopkins resume could be better but it's better than Toneys. Hopkins also plans a heavyweight fight this year, a win against Haye would blow him past Toney in the achivements catergory.

Prime for Prime, it would be a tough fight, both guys had what it took to beat each other.
    And you could say B-Hop has never really beaten a very good fighter, at his own weightclass. Antonio Tarver is the only one, but he was distracted making movies like Rocky 6.

ODLH = a blown up Welterweight, looked horrible against Felix Sturm in his only other Middleweight fight.

Howard Eastman = Decent European level fighter, but always failed at the elite level.

William Joppy = William Joppy had already got destroyed by Felix Trinidad, and he was never that good anyway. He got a gift off Howard Eastman.

Winky Wright = Again a blown up Jr Middleweight, he looked flabby at Light Heavyweight. And still pretty much went dead even with B-Hop.

Felix Trinidad = I give credit to B-Hop for this win, but again Felix Trinidad still isn't no Middleweight. He's a blown up Welterweight.

Glen Johnson = A good win for B-Hop, but Glen Johnson wasn't in his prime. Still a good win though i give him credit for this win.

Kelly Pavlik = Again a blown up Middleweight who didn't belong at Light Heavyweight, yes it is a good win but its the same old story with B-Hop. He's never truly beaten a great fighter in his own weightclass.

As for James Toney i never said he was the better fighter, just because he is more exciting. Im just pointing out he is a much better fighter to watch.

Michael Nunn = P4P top 3 in the world at the time or close to that anyway.

Vssiliy Jirov = Considered the best Cruiserweight in the world at that time.

Mike McCallum = A very good win for James Toney, Mike McCallum is considered a legend amongst boxing fans. And plus he was still very capable in there 3rd fight, because he had just recently gone 12 rounds with a prime Roy Jones Jr.

Tim Littles = Was undefeated and was quite highly rated, because of his Amateur backgroud.

Evander Holyfield = Yes obviously not in his prime, but he is only the 2nd man to stop Evander Holyfield, other than 6'5 240+ Riddick Bowe. Plus it was an dominant win, and considering James Toney started off at Middleweight, that is very impressive.

Montel Griffin = Watch these fights James Toney was robbed in both fights, especially the 2nd. I had it 8-4 for James Toney.

The others i don't need to go into, because you seem to agree with most of the other names. But when James Toney was in his peak, dominating at Super Middleweight.

He was more impressive than B-Hop IMO, and considering he went through the weightclasses especially at Heavyweight. Where he was competitive against big guys, just shows he is greater IMO.

But to each to his own, im not trying to discredit B-Hop, he has had some good wins and he was exciting when he was younger. But he turned really boring when he won the title, and the fact he never really beat a very good fighter at his own weightclass. Just takes away from some of his greatness.
    Last edited by ICB; 04-07-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Thread Information