Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fickle Fight Fans and Favouritism!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fickle Fight Fans and Favouritism!

I'm pretty tired of this shit! I never expected it here on this forum as it has a good reputation and the majority of posters seem to be smart and make logical posts. However I am tired of the double standards that I have noticed not just here but with boxing fans in general!!

For example;

Mayweather is a coward and cherry picker despite fighting the most champions of any current active fighter (According to the ring).

Calzhage however is great (I agree) although he thought no where near the quality of opponents Mayweather has until recently

Kessler is a elite fighter? He gets too much credit considering he is a one dimensional fighter with a good jaw and huge power! Kessler lost his only fight against elite competition (Calzhage) and so in my opinion is unproven.

Williams/ Marquez/ Winky/ Haye get a lot of stick for calling out the best fighters; people say they are whiny etc blah!

Margarito/ the fans etc get a lot of credit for calling out opponents apparently they are feared etc?

Who can honestly say Williams is not feared? he is 6'3 a nightmare for ANY welterweight does not mean he's a great fighter (he is) but he is big and awkward enough to make him not worth the effort.

Winky/ Mayweather/ Hopkins are boring? No these are not boring fighters watch the technique used for boring see Wladmir Klitscho there is a lot more but the white rum in my system will not allow me to type any more sense people. bye bye.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fickle Fight Fans and Favouritism!

enjoy your drink

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Countrymen cheering for their fighter is going to happen. Nothing can really change that. But people who take it overboard OR certififed haters can be seen a mile away. People who have proper debates are what makes this forum great, but there are those people who drag this place down but soon enough, someone puts them in their place..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by piye View Post
    I'm pretty tired of this shit! I never expected it here on this forum as it has a good reputation and the majority of posters seem to be smart and make logical posts. However I am tired of the double standards that I have noticed not just here but with boxing fans in general!!

For example;

Mayweather is a coward and cherry picker despite fighting the most champions of any current active fighter (According to the ring).

Calzhage however is great (I agree) although he thought no where near the quality of opponents Mayweather has until recently

Kessler is a elite fighter? He gets too much credit considering he is a one dimensional fighter with a good jaw and huge power! Kessler lost his only fight against elite competition (Calzhage) and so in my opinion is unproven.

Williams/ Marquez/ Winky/ Haye get a lot of stick for calling out the best fighters; people say they are whiny etc blah!

Margarito/ the fans etc get a lot of credit for calling out opponents apparently they are feared etc?

Who can honestly say Williams is not feared? he is 6'3 a nightmare for ANY welterweight does not mean he's a great fighter (he is) but he is big and awkward enough to make him not worth the effort.

Winky/ Mayweather/ Hopkins are boring? No these are not boring fighters watch the technique used for boring see Wladmir Klitscho there is a lot more but the white rum in my system will not allow me to type any more sense people. bye bye.
    Hmm.. maybe you're being a bit of a hypocrite?

You've expressed your OPINION on a number of boxing topics there. With opinions, there is never really a right or wrong.

So.. all you have is - you're annoyed that other boxing fans don't share an opinion that you believe is the correct one to have.

I am RIGHT - you agree, yes?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

For example;

You've expressed your OPINION on a number of boxing topics there. With opinions, there is never really a right or wrong.

So.. all you have is - you're annoyed that other boxing fans don't share an opinion that you believe is the correct one to have.

My opinions would be the exception and can be taken as fact.

Love ya Fens.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that fans are fickle but that I'm afraid is human nature and the 'norm'.

I think it is personal choice if you find a fighters style boring. I certainly have never enjoyed watching Hopkins fights but understand his skill.

I personally think Floyd has done more than Calzaghe in the Great department but Yes I have criticized PBF at the higher weight divisions but Floyd the fighter at his best is right up there and has sublime skills - not as good as Sugar Ray Leonard but that is just my personal opinion.

Boxing fans going hyperbole about there favourite fighters - I am guilty of that as I believe in the fighters I support and I think aslong as boxing exists then fans will get hyped up about there favourite fighters.

Fighters calling out other fighters is rightly what it's all about - it shows ambition for a start. Fighters who call people out then back down like Amir Khan look foolish in doing so.

Paul Williams is certainly a fighter people don't want a part of his style, size, technique are a nightmare for any Welterweight.

I agree with piye points and sentiments but I suppose this is the World of the boxing fan, we are all guilty at some point and may not like it but it happens.

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
    I agree that fans are fickle but that I'm afraid is human nature and the 'norm'.

I think it is personal choice if you find a fighters style boring. I certainly have never enjoyed watching Hopkins fights but understand his skill.

I personally think Floyd has done more than Calzaghe in the Great department but Yes I have criticized PBF at the higher weight divisions but Floyd the fighter at his best is right up there and has sublime skills - not as good as Sugar Ray Leonard but that is just my personal opinion.

Boxing fans going hyperbole about there favourite fighters - I am guilty of that as I believe in the fighters I support and I think aslong as boxing exists then fans will get hyped up about there favourite fighters.

Fighters calling out other fighters is rightly what it's all about - it shows ambition for a start. Fighters who call people out then back down like Amir Khan look foolish in doing so.

Paul Williams is certainly a fighter people don't want a part of his style, size, technique are a nightmare for any Welterweight.

I agree with piye points and sentiments but I suppose this is the World of the boxing fan, we are all guilty at some point and may not like it but it happens.
    Good point Rob.

Any fan will have his favourite boxers but you've still gotta appreiciate fighters abilities whether you like them or not.

Like Hatton, you either hate him or love him, but to say he's a bum is going too far.
    Hidden Content

If it's yellow, let it mellow... If it's brown, invite me 'round...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

For example;

Love ya Fens.
    Well, sheep, that may be true but, my opinion is that your opinion of your opinion is faulty. Fact.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love ya Fens.
    Well, sheep, that may be true but, my opinion is that your opinion of your opinion is faulty. Fact.

Doesn't that cancel itself out? Therefore, it's a fact.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love ya Fens.

I have no idea. Fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For example;

Newsflash!

Hopkins is boring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For example;

I can see what you are getting at; but in my opinion fight fans have no right to criticize entertainers who put their lives on the line every time they perform.

Also some of the things I have written are not opinion, but fact Mayweathers competition is much higher than that of a Calzhage, Klitscho or even a Cotto (Cotto has fought the very best).

Paul williams has the right to call out Margarito (He beat him!) and no I am not a hypocrite as these are my opinions I never said I was against people having opinions it's people forcing irrational opinions on people as though they are facts that annoys me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For example;

I can see what you are getting at; but in my opinion fight fans have no right to criticize entertainers who put their lives on the line every time they perform.

Also some of the things I have written are not opinion, but fact Mayweathers competition is much higher than that of a Calzhage, Klitscho or even a Cotto (Cotto has fought the very best).

Paul williams has the right to call out Margarito (He beat him!) and no I am not a hypocrite as these are my opinions I never said I was against people having opinions it's people forcing irrational opinions on people as though they are facts that annoys me!

Fans have a right to moan and people in the public eye can expect both love and hate especially well paid ones. remember it is fans that make a fighter his fortune.

Why do you keep going on about Mayweather? yes he is ultra skilled and a great fighter but his resume is a tad weak. Pacquaios is better imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no idea. Fact.

What a debate!!!!
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post

I have no idea. Fact.

What a debate!!!!
    Now that is a fact
    Hidden Content

If it's yellow, let it mellow... If it's brown, invite me 'round...

Thread Information