Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Frampton v Donaire - Tete v Narvaez - BT Sports

Looking forward to this one and the atmosphere when Frampton fights on home soil is similar to Ibiza so always a rocking atmosphere in Belfast, plus Tete is fighting after his 11 second KO win last time out....

There's been a few undercard fighters pulling out though so hopefully they can get that sorted

http://www.irish-boxing.com/frampton...utm_medium=rss

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frampton v Donaire - Tete v Narvaez - BT Sports

Im heading up north for this so looking forward to it. 2 of the Dublin fighters pulled out which is pretty disappointing but should still be a cracking night. Small bet on Donaire. Nearly 6/1 looks good value to me.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't resist having a couple of bob on Donaire too, he's too old and too small and has no chance of outpointing Frampton, however, his left hand is absolutely lethal, and the lightening right ain't bad either. He still throws in a flash of brilliance here and there which makes him deadly dangerous (chin anyone).

If this fight was half-a-dozen years ago at superbantam Donaire would've been a strong favourite, and bear in mind his pomp was at flyweight. He walloped Navarez (Tete's opponent) about 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-18-2018 at 07:44 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I couldn't resist having a couple of bob on Donaire too, he's too old and too small and has no chance of outpointing Frampton, however, his left hand is absolutely lethal, and the lightening right ain't bad either. He still throws in a flash of brilliance here and there which makes him deadly dangerous (chin anyone).

If this fight was half-a-dozen years ago at superbantam Donaire would've been a strong favourite, and bear in mind his pomp was at flyweight. He walloped Navarez (Tete's opponent) about 10 years ago.
    Even if he wins on points he aint getting the nod in Belfast. If he does chin him though Ill have to keep my celebrations in check

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire is gonna be dangerous as long as he's standing and the Jackal is gonna have to box clever for every second of every round to not get clipped.

I think style wise this is a fight of the year contender

I expect Tete to do a demolition job before the halfway point.

I've heard that the Khan fight starts around 10.30pm so hopefully the main event can be rolled out around 9.45pm

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cant see Framptons ring walk being before 10. Doors opening very early (half 3) so maybe they will try end it early but usually dont get out of the Oddysey til after 11

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Today's full Presser

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl Frampton: Belfast man puts Big Brother on hold to chase more big fights

Carl Frampton admits his contest with Nonito Donaire may be his "last-chance saloon" but has vowed to win and delay the day he considers offers to appear on Big Brother and I'm a Celebrity.

Frampton, 31, faces former four-weight world champion Donaire, in Saturday's WBO interim featherweight title bout.

Filipino Donaire is now 35 and the loser in Belfast could find themselves with declining options at world level.

"I'm a boxer and I'm still boxing," said Frampton of the celebrity offers.

"I was asked to do it [I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here]. And I was asked to do Big Brother as well and I turned them both down.

"Maybe in a few years time, if they ask me again I might change my mind."

According to Frampton's promoter Frank Warren, WBO featherweight champion Oscar Valdez will have to "quickly" fight the winner of Saturday's Belfast bout. That could be delayed, though, by the broken jaw the Mexican suffered in defeating England's Scott Quigg last month.

Frampton says he is relishing the prospect of a possible contest with Valdez, with his hope that his long-cherished world title fight at Belfast's Windsor Park could happen against the Mexican later this year.

But to keep alive that dream, Frampton will need to take care of a fighter who he says will be the best opponent he has ever faced.

That would suggest Donaire is even better than Leo Santa Cruz - who avenged his defeat by Frampton in the summer of 2016 by regaining the WBA world featherweight title in January 2017 as he handed the Northern Irishman his sole career loss.

"To have a guy like Nonito Donaire coming to Belfast to fight me feels like a bit of an honour," said Frampton, who insisted that his ongoing legal fight with former manager Barry McGuigan has had "no effect" on his fight build-up.

"He's in a similar position to me. It's maybe the last-chance saloon, which makes him a danger in itself.

"I've been preparing for the best Nonito Donaire there has ever been. It's going to take a big performance to get my hand raised at the end. But I'm ready to produce that big performance."

Donaire's 17-year professional career has seen him win world titles as flyweight, bantamweight, super-bantamweight and featherweight in addition to holding an interim belt at super-flyweight.

The Filipino was named The Ring magazine's 2012 world boxer of the year after making four defences of his WBO super-bantamweight title.

However, a points defeat by elusive Cuban Guillermo Rigondeaux in April 2013 saw him lose that title - and his nine fights since then have included two further losses.

After losing a WBO super-bantamweight challenge against American Jessie Magdaleno on points in November 2016, Donaire regrouped to beat Mexican Ruben Garcia Hernandez last September which brought his record up to 38 wins and four defeats.

With the perception that Donaire is past his best, the bookies have Frampton as an overwhelming favourite but the Filipino insists that he is "very confident" of beating the former IBF super-bantamweight and WBA featherweight champion.

"Carl is an amazing fighter and I have got to give it to the guy for taking this fight," added Donaire, whose famed weapon is his left hook.

"He has chosen this fight because it inspires him. But I have come to Belfast because it inspires me. This is going to be an incredible fight."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43815620
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is on Canadian tv... O. Superchannel but that's another 20 quid a month, so I'm sticking with dazn and amir khan :S

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing tv wise in the States. Would honestly love to see Donaire pull it off but age and weight have caught up. Still think he did just enough to beat Magdelano. Should be fun early but Framptons speed on top of that should catch up to a willing Donaire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire was a lethal puncher but at this age /weight I think frampton should be able to handle it
    nonito had that old man look to his body on the scales. Frampton looked good and seemed more fired up. It's a fascinating distance fight. I don't think donaire will have the answers on the night and the Belfast man picks up a UD

looking forward to seeing zolani tete who's hitting his prime and looking p4p material. Narvaez is as experienced as they come and takes a good punch so it will be a real statement if tete can stop him.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was trying to tell myself that Donaire could roll back the years but after seeing them standing next to each other I think it will be a relatively easy night for Frampton

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Upton v Mckena on now

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm watching the Khan card because I can't record Sky Sports, I'll catch up on the BoxNation card tomorrow morning

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I'm watching the Khan card because I can't record Sky Sports, I'll catch up on the BoxNation card tomorrow morning
    You are watching the women's boxing then, this fight is not great.

Thread Information