Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Robert Stieglitz v George Groves for WBO Super-Middleweight titile

It's happening on May 5 in Germany....and frankly George Groves ends up getting a much better deal than he did in a fight against Kenny Anderson. Stieglitz is not a strong champion, and is probably the most beatable at SMW at the moment.

However, Groves isn't fully developed and has weaknesses as he showed against DeGale and Anderson. I reckon it's a good chance for him, but I still see Stieglitz winning.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Stieglitz v George Groves for WBO Super-Middleweight titile

Is it too soon? Even if he wins, he may have to have some easy defences like Cleverly has had to after the hard bellow fight, otherwise he will retire young.

Anderson must be annoyed but Groves may fight him anyway for the title this time. Hope groves honours that rematch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Is it too soon? Even if he wins, he may have to have some easy defences like Cleverly has had to after the hard bellow fight, otherwise he will retire young.

Anderson must be annoyed but Groves may fight him anyway for the title this time. Hope groves honours that rematch.
    You could see this coming, with him withdrawing from the Anderson fight he's fighting way to soon for
    a World title bad move his management need there ass kicked.
    The guy is still a novice needs more fights, very foolish I feel.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

You could see this coming, with him withdrawing from the Anderson fight he's fighting way to soon for
    a World title bad move his management need there ass kicked.
    The guy is still a novice needs more fights, very foolish I feel.
    Yes could be another fernado vargas.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not convinced its that much of a mismatch, as Stieglitz isn't that good a champion.

However, in terms of if Groves does win the title, I reckon DeGale will shove his arrogant face in demanding a rematch before Anderson gets one as really should happen.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    I'm not convinced its that much of a mismatch, as Stieglitz isn't that good a champion.

However, in terms of if Groves does win the title, I reckon DeGale will shove his arrogant face in demanding a rematch before Anderson gets one as really should happen.
    I feel he will beat Stieglitz, but it's what comes after he still needs to be battle harden I don't think
    he's at that point in his career yet.
    Booth must be brain dead to me it's madness, Groves could end up with a very short career.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post

I feel he will beat Stieglitz, but it's what comes after he still needs to be battle harden I don't think
    he's at that point in his career yet.
    Booth must be brain dead to me it's madness, Groves could end up with a very short career.
    Booth said Groves has a lot to learn. So I guess this must be a real opportunity that can't be missed and they just have to take it. If he wins the title, he can fight chumps for a bit and learn the trade. Risky strategy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See it the same as others, Groves can win the title then what? He can make easy (on paper) defences but holding a world title puts you amongst the big boys, he won't be able to step back down to British level and take 'learning' fights which is what he still needs. Khan should have left it another 12-18 months before going for the title also. Ok he is doing alright at his level but not ready for the elite.

Groves has all the time in the world, and having Booth and Haye on board can only be a good thing. I really wish he had stuck with the fight against Anderson at stayed at euro level for a year or 2.

Time will tell. He won't be another Vargas. Vargas mixed with the elite and held his own until the very last second in his losses. He was rushed too fast. I see Groves winning the WBO then fighting unknown Europeans for 2ish years and we won't see him in exciting fights until he fights a unification.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    See it the same as others, Groves can win the title then what? He can make easy (on paper) defences but holding a world title puts you amongst the big boys, he won't be able to step back down to British level and take 'learning' fights which is what he still needs. Khan should have left it another 12-18 months before going for the title also. Ok he is doing alright at his level but not ready for the elite.

Groves has all the time in the world, and having Booth and Haye on board can only be a good thing. I really wish he had stuck with the fight against Anderson at stayed at euro level for a year or 2.

Time will tell. He won't be another Vargas. Vargas mixed with the elite and held his own until the very last second in his losses. He was rushed too fast. I see Groves winning the WBO then fighting unknown Europeans for 2ish years and we won't see him in exciting fights until he fights a unification.
    Why is ever one in a rush, ever fight you have is a learning experience Groves may have Booth and Haye but he's the guy doing the fighting. I feel it's a bad move I wish him well he's a nice guy.
    It gets up my nose you have a talented fighter, and his career could be fucked up by management
    time is on his side.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as i want Groves to win...i just cant see him getting the W vs Stieglitz. The Champion has an immense workrate that will cause Groves big problems. One thing in Groves favor is his power. Stieglitz hasnt the best defence and leaves himself wide open so if Groves can land that big right hand then we might have the game changer.

Being in Germany also makes me think that Groves defo needs the knockout to win.

Groves team i think have taken this fight too early as i think maybe this time next year would have been fine. If he loses though hes young enough to learn from the experience and be stronger from it.

Big Big gamble....it will be a good fight though.
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will it be on Box Nation/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Stieglitz getting an easy win here as he throws lots of punches from round 1 to round 12 with respectable power, groves will not match the punch output. He can't go to Germany and steal the belt like dirrell tried with froch

Thread Information