Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Erik Morales Vs Willie Limond

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Big George Foreman etched an unforgettable chapter in Boxing lore by becoming the lineal Heavyweight Champion at 45 years old. Deserves tremendous respect for that accomplishment. 2 time Heavyweight champion.
    I was so moved when he went to his knees in the corner and prayed.

However, I think ultimately that win was bad for boxing.
    It brought in a lot of money and media to see if the old man could do it, but his win was ultimately bad for the sport.

No 45 year old man should be able to whup a 27 year old Heavyweight Champ in his physical prime; it's a travesty.

It bespeaks the old saying that fighters today aren't as good as the fighters of yesteryear. I want to stay positive and give today's fighters the credit, but there it is:
    Young prime George gets KO'd by Ali, he gets knocked down and decisioned by a feather-fisted Jimmy Young, bopped around by Ron Lyle, retires for 10 years and then can come back and knock out the #1 Heavyweight in the world?! At 45 years old.

Thats a load of shiit! It just proved that A, Foreman was a special fighter and B, Moorer isnt a natural heavyweight.

I think if that fight happened today between a 45 year old Foreman and Haye the same result would happen and maybe earlier

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Big George Foreman etched an unforgettable chapter in Boxing lore by becoming the lineal Heavyweight Champion at 45 years old. Deserves tremendous respect for that accomplishment. 2 time Heavyweight champion.

It brought in a lot of money and media to see if the old man could do it, but his win was ultimately bad for the sport.

No 45 year old man should be able to whup a 27 year old Heavyweight Champ in his physical prime; it's a travesty.

It bespeaks the old saying that fighters today aren't as good as the fighters of yesteryear. I want to stay positive and give today's fighters the credit, but there it is:
    Young prime George gets KO'd by Ali, he gets knocked down and decisioned by a feather-fisted Jimmy Young, bopped around by Ron Lyle, retires for 10 years and then can come back and knock out the #1 Heavyweight in the world?! At 45 years old.

Thats a load of shiit! It just proved that A, Foreman was a special fighter and B, Moorer isnt a natural heavyweight.

I think if that fight happened today between a 45 year old Foreman and Haye the same result would happen and maybe earlier

Right.
    Foreman lost to top guys in the 70s, but after a 10 retirement and carrying 50 lbs of extra fat on his gut, and slow as molasses at 45 years old, he could still beat the best of the 90s.

At his peak, he got knocked out by Ali, but as a fat old man, he could go the distance with a prime peak Champ in Holyfield?

Foreman can't beat powder-puff punching Jimmy Young in the 70s, but as a fat, old man, he can stop the prime peak Champ, Michael Moorer?

...and now you're saying a fat, old, slow Foreman could have beat one of the current best, David Haye?

Maybe you fellas are right then about what you're saying: fighters today aren't as good as the fighters of yesteryear..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right.
    Foreman lost to top guys in the 70s, but after a 10 retirement and carrying 50 lbs of extra fat on his gut, and slow as molasses at 45 years old, he could still beat the best of the 90s.

At his peak, he got knocked out by Ali, but as a fat old man, he could go the distance with a prime peak Champ in Holyfield?

Foreman can't beat powder-puff punching Jimmy Young in the 70s, but as a fat, old man, he can stop the prime peak Champ, Michael Moorer?

...and now you're saying a fat, old, slow Foreman could have beat one of the current best, David Haye?

Maybe you fellas are right then about what you're saying: fighters today aren't as good as the fighters of yesteryear..

Foreman, Moorer and Haye all moved up to heavyweight Foreman will always do well against smaller men that arent natural heavyweights.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moorer was winning that fight and tedy warned him of the right commin, moorer just didn't listen and got ktfo. Remember Moorer moved up from 175. Also in one of the first fights I remember watching on tv, Foreman fought shultz, and shultz being the unlucky dude that he was lost(can't remember if I thought robbery or not), and foreman instead of rematching him gave up the title Also while it's not a fight I personally have seen he lost to the "great" tony morrison. There were just a shit ton of people rooting for foreman, and certain people knew it would make them a shit ton of money, so they found a way to get foreman crowned the heavyweight champ. Not saying it wasn't spectacular to do what he did at 40+ but it's hardly like he was whooping everyone left and right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    here's a thread you started about Barrera fighting for a "world title" when it's just a garbage interim title, both Morales and Barrera are fighting for the same thing, a record 4th title, their in the same exact boat

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...-jan-31-a.html
    Yeah whats your point. I still say the same thing. If the WBO sanctioned the fight it would have been Barrera 4th weight world title. That crappy WBC superdooper trash Morales was clinging onto after beating Limond wasnt a world title by any stretch.
    ummm my point is that's a thread YOU started, trying to build up a fight Barrera was rumored to be having for a vacant INTERIM title as a world title fight, an interim belt is by no means a WORLD TITLE, it's not that complicated
    It was gonna be for the world title. It wasnt interim. I dont understand which bit is confusing you. A proper world title means summat.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here's a thread you started about Barrera fighting for a "world title" when it's just a garbage interim title, both Morales and Barrera are fighting for the same thing, a record 4th title, their in the same exact boat

Yeah whats your point. I still say the same thing. If the WBO sanctioned the fight it would have been Barrera 4th weight world title. That crappy WBC superdooper trash Morales was clinging onto after beating Limond wasnt a world title by any stretch.
    ummm my point is that's a thread YOU started, trying to build up a fight Barrera was rumored to be having for a vacant INTERIM title as a world title fight, an interim belt is by no means a WORLD TITLE, it's not that complicated
    It was gonna be for the world title. It wasnt interim. I dont understand which bit is confusing you. A proper world title means summat.
    re-read your OWN original post, it says INTERIM pretty damn clearly there

"According to the word coming out of Mexico, Marco Antonio Barrera's upcoming bout against Johnny Nolasco (17-4, 8KOs) will be for the vacant WBO interim-lightweight title.The ten round lightweight contest will take place in Guadalajara, Mexico on January 31."
    Last edited by ElTerribleMorales; 09-16-2010 at 05:30 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right.

i dont know if you will find this interesting

Exclusive Interview With The Legendary Angelo Dundee - “The Old George Foreman Would’ve Given Muhammad Ali A Tougher Fight Than The Young George”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"According to the word coming out of Mexico, Marco Antonio Barrera's upcoming bout against Johnny Nolasco (17-4, 8KOs) will be for the vacant WBO interim-lightweight title.The ten round lightweight contest will take place in Guadalajara, Mexico on January 31."
    The point is it wasnt for the title. Had it been then it would have been a genuine 4th title which is what Ive always said. Morales belt he was holding after limond was not a legit title and only a Morales fanboy would say it was

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The point is it wasnt for the title. Had it been then it would have been a genuine 4th title which is what Ive always said. Morales belt he was holding after limond was not a legit title and only a Morales fanboy would say it was
    ummm where have i claimed on here that it was a legit title? i said both Barrera and Morales have only been fighting for little trinkets that are even more garbage that the rest of the so called world titles, the only thing is you have it as being ok when Barrera did it, and now try to slam Morales for doing the same thing

both guys are fighting for fancy paperweights, only a Barrera fanboy would try to slam Morales for it and then go on to try to play up Barrera's "accomplishments" when he does the same exact thing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ummm where have i claimed on here that it was a legit title? i said both Barrera and Morales have only been fighting for little trinkets that are even more garbage that the rest of the so called world titles, the only thing is you have it as being ok when Barrera did it, and now try to slam Morales for doing the same thing

both guys are fighting for fancy paperweights, only a Barrera fanboy would try to slam Morales for it and then go on to try to play up Barrera's "accomplishments" when he does the same exact thing
    Its not the exact same thing though is it. a Proper legit world title means more than whatever that strap Morales was holding on Saturday means. You will never accept this fact so theres no point going on with this debate.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For fuucks sakes give it a rest. I come in here hoping for something about the fight or anything new on Morales and all i see is a couple of old woman swinging handbags at each other, still!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For fuucks sakes give it a rest. I come in here hoping for something about the fight or anything new on Morales and all i see is a couple of old woman swinging handbags at each other, still!!
    If there was anything new on Morales there would be a new thread for it you dumbass.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not the exact same thing though is it. a Proper legit world title means more than whatever that strap Morales was holding on Saturday means. You will never accept this fact so theres no point going on with this debate.
    Morales won the WBC Silver welterweight title, which is nothing more than another interim title/ paper weight, Barrera was gonna fight for the WBO INTERIM TITLE, it's exactly the same thing, are you honestly that dense? it doesn't matter what title either guy was fighting for cause their both pointless

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If there was anything new on Morales there would be a new thread for it you dumbass.

Shut up repeating yourself, you sound like a couple of twaats!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales won the WBC Silver welterweight title, which is nothing more than another interim title/ paper weight, Barrera was gonna fight for the WBO INTERIM TITLE, it's exactly the same thing, are you honestly that dense? it doesn't matter what title either guy was fighting for cause their both pointless
    So Morales fighting David Diaz for the WBC title meant nothing either? That was a legit title just as the Wbo world title is legit. Silver superdooper welterweigt title is not a legit title thats the difference. You clearly arent getting it so I feel like im wasting time explaing but then again you need to be educated.

Ross - Stay out of it. This has nothing to do with queers so be quiet.

Thread Information