Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Second Job

Anyone currently working 2 jobs or have done? Im having a look at doing some part time work in the evenings or early morning Not long term, just want to save up a bit of money.

Ideally I would find some out of hours IT support and be laughing but they are few and far between so I've been having a stab a some manual jobs, p/t warehouse that kind of thing.

Whats the reality like?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Second Job

Tax is a bastard on you.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive been working two jobs since september... Not that bad, work 55 hours a week. Once your on it you might not want to come off it...

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Ive been working two jobs since september... Not that bad, work 55 hours a week. Once your on it you might not want to come off it...
    Don't they tax you a lot?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you do mate?

My day job isnt that taxing at all to be honest so Im not worried about being knackered or owt. Obviously the tax is an issue, I guess I'd lose 25% of anything I earn in a second job.

I guess thats the thing, we all tend to live to our means and if your bringing in an extra few quid a month you'll find ways of becoming reliant on it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had 2 jobs and school for almost this whole year, just quit my second job. It sucks. One thing I would advise against is working two jobs in the same day. That's no fun and no matter how taxing you think one job is, two will get you (as the brits say) 'knackered.' It sucks. Everyone kept telling me how tired I looked and felt fine but just didnt have any energy. Even as a bartender and moving a lot, I still gained like 40 pounds. Just make sure the money is worth it, it wasn't for me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's been about 8 years since I worked 2 jobs. my last one I worked at a video store about 24 hours a week, on top of my 40-45 hours a week at my regular job. It served it's purpose of paying down debt, but it gets mind numbing working all the time. In the short term though it's worth the sacrifice. I can't speak to the tax situation in the UK, but I barely noticed a difference in mine here.

My advice is get something that has something to do with an interest of yours, it makes it a lot easier.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    What do you do mate?

My day job isnt that taxing at all to be honest so Im not worried about being knackered or owt. Obviously the tax is an issue, I guess I'd lose 25% of anything I earn in a second job.

I guess thats the thing, we all tend to live to our means and if your bringing in an extra few quid a month you'll find ways of becoming reliant on it.

How is the IT job going mate.. I do miss crawling about under womens desks all day

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No person in this day and age should have a need for a second job,but money and the need to live bill's threw the roof.
    Last year I lost £2000 off my wage do I miss that money, that left a nasty taste in my mouth have a second job but Remember there are no pocket's in shroud's, all this work you may have the money.
    But there is more to Life than work, take a tip off me I NO in my line of work.

Thread Information