Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fight Night Champions Announced with Pics

Fight Night Round 3 set the gaming world ablaze with its gorgeous E3 demo back in 2005. Now EA Sports is returning with the fifth iteration in the sports franchise, dubbed Fight Night Champion coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2011. And, just in case you're wondering, this is not an expansion to Fight Night Round 4. Fight Night Champion will be its own standalone disc when it launches at retailers. When that will be in 2011 is anyone's guess.

The developers at EA Canada in Vancouver are touting a new single-player mode as the biggest innovation in the game, saying, "Fight Night Champion will break the mold of what is expected in a single-player sports game. Players will be introduced to an entirely new way to step between the ropes and experience the drama, emotion, excitement and tragedy of world championship boxing."

Goodnight, Winky.
    Brian Hayes, Gameplay Producer on Fight Night Champion said, "It's something people won't expect from an EA Sports game" about the game's big new mode. He quickly followed that remark with "Our lips are sealed for the time-being about that" for fear of the wrath of the EA Sports PR representative.

He did tell us that the game will be "the full meal deal with desert and a toy. The whole enchilada. All that and a bag…" when asked if Champion was being treated as an expansion pack or a full retail release. It would stand to reason that the price tag would follow suit, but don't quote us on that.

There will be between 60 and 65 boxers on the roster for the final product and users will implement the new "Full Spectrum Punch Control" to move the combatants around the ring and throw some of the most devastating punches ever seen in a Fight Night game. At least that's the impression I get from looking at that bloody Manny Pacquaio screenshot.

Manny has seen better days.
    EA Sports touts the new control method as delivering both "the most realistic punching system ever seen" while still allowing Champion to be "the most user-friendly title in the franchise's history." Interpret that however you like, but you can bet that there will be an option for players to use face buttons and face buttons alone to throw punches.

We weren't able to glean any other juicy tidbits of gameplay details other than the game will include new online features to go along with the headlining single-player innovation and control scheme. Being a huge Fight Night fan myself (and an even bigger cheerleader for solo gameplay when compared to taking the game online), I'm certainly excited to see the sort of new career experience Fight Night Champion is going to provide.

For more information on the Fight Night series, be sure to check out our reviews for Fight Night Round 4 and Fight Night Round 3. We'll have more details on Fight Night Champion later this year. For now, you'll just have to enjoy the pair of screenshots above. Expect to see the game drop onto shelves sometime next year on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fight Night Champions Announced with Pics

Is there a Monte Barrett Ring entrance navigation skill game in it?

What I want to know is, IF there is an online component will it work this time?

Shiny graphics and good physics are great, but if I can't play against certain people just because it's all kinda worthless.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've had every generation of the series since round 2, and always enjoy them, even if sometimes it is a case of playing in a certain way to avoid the easy bingo combos that were guaranteed wins.

As for the online gameplay....I just hope it doesn't have the flaws of round 4, which allowed the jab to dominate, and getting past somebody battering the jab as fast as they could nigh on impossible.

El Kabong Guest

Game Informer just said the developers will be exploring the "seedier, darker side of the sport" .....and being a boxing fan and a fan of these games I have no idea what that means, but it had better not mean that everyone leaves the fight looking like they took a shotgun blast to the face. I wonder if that has something to do with career mode and contracts/ducking fighters/titles/hometown decisions and what not.

Hopefully they understand how to make things dramatic yet realistic....have the audiance boo and cheer more at certain points of a fight, have the fans expect or DEMAND a KO and then make it very difficult to accomplish perhaps even baiting a player to gas their fighter out. Have the 1 punch KO, have the "Put to sleep" KTFO Pacquiao-Hatton type KO, have the Hatton-JL Castillo or Gatti-Dorin body shot type KO.

I do know one thing, it shouldn't be that difficult to go the distance....you know where you have to force yourself to got the distance? Some fights should be more difficult just by design.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds promising.

Looks like there will be more blood!

I just hope the punch control is responsive and great enougth to make it worthwhile to use the sticks and not the buttons

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way I see it they had a the mold for a perfect boxing game with Fight Night 3. Take that, fix it up, add some more features, expand the Career mode and you have the PERFECT boxing game.

Fight Night 4 was awful IMO. The only game I didn't like out of the whole series.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    The way I see it they had a the mold for a perfect boxing game with Fight Night 3. Take that, fix it up, add some more features, expand the Career mode and you have the PERFECT boxing game.

Fight Night 4 was awful IMO. The only game I didn't like out of the whole series.
    Personally I think if you could mix 3 and 4 and add a few things such as moving up and down through the weights as you want but having to train to achieve the weight limit etc you could have a great boxing game!!

Thread Information