Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Baltimore-Pittsburgh rivalry takes the squared circle March 23!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Baltimore-Pittsburgh rivalry takes the squared circle March 23!

Baltimore, MD (March 2, 2012) – Promoter Jake Smith of Baltimore Boxing Promotions announced that a team of Olympic hopefuls from Baltimore will meet Pittsburgh’s top talent Friday, March 23 at Michael’s Eighth Avenue in Glen Burnie, MD.

All bouts are sanctioned by USA boxing and tickets staring at $25 are available by calling 410-375-9175 or going to baltimoreboxing.com.

Although most sports fans think of the Ravens-Steelers rivalry when mentioning both cities in the same sentence, Baltimore and Pittsburgh have each produced many great fighters. Boxing legends such as Harry Greb, Billy Conn, Fritzie Zivic, Joe Gans and Kid Williams came from the Steel City or Charm City, while both continue to produce solid talent to this day.

“I spoke to some people about putting this card together and everybody loved the idea,” said Smith. “Football is so popular that many people forget that both cities have had quality boxers, both amateur and pro, for many years. Much like the Ravens-Steelers games, this matchup between Baltimore and Pittsburgh will be extremely competitive.”

A special silent auction will take place throughout the evening along with a 50/50 raffle, with all proceeds going to the American Red Cross of Central Maryland.

Doors open at 6:30 pm and the first fight is 8. Michael’s Eighth Avenue is located at 7220 Grayburn Drive in Glen Burnie, MD.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Baltimore-Pittsburgh rivalry takes the squared circle March 23!

Very good and interesting post. I myself immediately think of the Ravens-Steelers when hearing Baltimore and Pittsburgh mentioned in the same sentence. Of course, I'm not at liberty to divulge which team I'm a fan of, because a very good friend of mine on this forum is a loyal Browns fan, and she'd be mad at me if I brought it up.

Thread Information