Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sonnen is back!

First on his hit list is Stann. He's getting that gold, watch out Silva. What do you guy's think? I've been dieing to see him back in the octagon! Cannot wait!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sonnen is back!

Good to have him back. MW is kind of lean. I think he will maul Stann though.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brian Stann is a tough customer. I think this is just about a pick em fight myself.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Brian Stann is a tough customer. I think this is just about a pick em fight myself.
    Do you think Stann is equal to or better than Marquardt? Nate had some moments against Chael but he couldn't keep the fight standing and got beat up for most of the fight. I just don't see Stann doing any better a job staying off his back then Nate did and while his power should not be discounted I do not think Chael will have quite as much respect for his standup that he did for Nate. Rich Franklin doesn't compete at MW anymore but I'd give him a better shot at beating Chael than just about anyone at MW currently other than Silva.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stann is a tough cookie, and his hands a fairly lethal !

Sonnen is a f'kin drugs cheat, after all the shit he comes out with and he's let back in to fight! Will be interesting to see how he does now he's not on drugs.

I hope Stann knocks him into next week !
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even with the whole 'steroid thing'.... i dont think steroids would of really enhanced that performance too much. His gameplan was what was beating silva, i dont think anyone can really sit there and claim that chael wouldnt of been able to hold down silva without roids considering hes held down stronger guys before eg marquardt.

I think he will be still as good as he has been in his past couple of performances and will ground and pound the shit out of stann.

Chael just needs to start training submission defence, its his biggest flaw.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Even with the whole 'steroid thing'.... i dont think steroids would of really enhanced that performance too much. His gameplan was what was beating silva, i dont think anyone can really sit there and claim that chael wouldnt of been able to hold down silva without roids considering hes held down stronger guys before eg marquardt.

I think he will be still as good as he has been in his past couple of performances and will ground and pound the shit out of stann.

Ya know what ya gonna get with Chael, he's gonna try to get ya down, then ground and pound, his wrestling skills are quality, make no bones about that. What I dont agree with is the shit he comes out with pre-fight, only to be caught as a cheat, and now making a comeback, speaking even more shite

The steroids made him stronger, otherwise why take them?
    Nate was on drugs, for quite a while by all accounts, thats probably the reason he got his original shot at Silva.
    Same for Sonnen. Now he's back im interested to see how his performance is, although I personally dont think he should be allowed to fight in the UFC again.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post

Ya know what ya gonna get with Chael, he's gonna try to get ya down, then ground and pound, his wrestling skills are quality, make no bones about that. What I dont agree with is the shit he comes out with pre-fight, only to be caught as a cheat, and now making a comeback, speaking even more shite

Nate was on drugs, for quite a while by all accounts, thats probably the reason he got his original shot at Silva.
    Same for Sonnen. Now he's back im interested to see how his performance is, although I personally dont think he should be allowed to fight in the UFC again.
    He took steriods to make his testostrone levels that of a normal male so he wasn't at a disadvantage.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stann is a tough cookie, and his hands a fairly lethal !

Sonnen is a f'kin drugs cheat, after all the shit he comes out with and he's let back in to fight! Will be interesting to see how he does now he's not on drugs.

I hope Stann knocks him into next week !
    Not on drugs? He will be on the exact same meds as he was for the Silva fight just this time around the commission will be informed properly.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post

He took steriods to make his testostrone levels that of a normal male so he wasn't at a disadvantage.

Hmm, not from what i read in the past:

Sonnen tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone, which according to a subsequent CSAC statement, is "indicative" of steroid use. CSAC officials issued Sonnen a one-year suspension and $2,500 fine in the wake of the test. He had a 30-day window to appeal the ruling.

According to Dodd, Sonnen was flagged first on Sept. 2 after an initial test revealed the presence of a possible performance-enhancer. A second, more-rigorous test conducted at the UCLA's Olympic Analytical Laboratory confirmed the results. The laboratory is used by the U.S. Olympic Committee and is the world's largest World Anti-Doping Agency-certified facility.

California commission to hear Chael Sonnen's drug-test appeal on Dec. 2 | MMAjunkie.com

&
    Chael Sonnen tested for “well above normal levels of testosterone,” according to CSAC executive director George Dodd. More coming on SI.com
    http://www.mondaymorningblackbelt.com/?p=1010

The opening sentence say's it all.

And if as you say, why the hell did he not protest and have the ban reduced ala Sherk ?

He took PEDS, was caught, took his ban and fine on that PED chin.
    Last edited by Mattyhitman; 07-11-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sonnen tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone, which according to a subsequent CSAC statement, is "indicative" of steroid use. CSAC officials issued Sonnen a one-year suspension and $2,500 fine in the wake of the test. He had a 30-day window to appeal the ruling.

According to Dodd, Sonnen was flagged first on Sept. 2 after an initial test revealed the presence of a possible performance-enhancer. A second, more-rigorous test conducted at the UCLA's Olympic Analytical Laboratory confirmed the results. The laboratory is used by the U.S. Olympic Committee and is the world's largest World Anti-Doping Agency-certified facility.

California commission to hear Chael Sonnen's drug-test appeal on Dec. 2 | MMAjunkie.com

&
    Did Chael Sonnen Know he may fail drug test and lie about it on questionnaire? | Monday Morning Black Belt

And if as you say, why the hell did he not protest and have the ban reduced ala Sherk ?

He took PEDS, was caught took his ban and fine on that PED chin.
    Hmm not what i heard from Chael Sonnen

YouTube - ‪Chael Sonnen Breaks his silence to Mike Straka‬‏
    He even told them before his fight that he would test posative for PED's because they are for his condition. His ban was lifted when they established he needed them.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

&
    Did Chael Sonnen Know he may fail drug test and lie about it on questionnaire? | Monday Morning Black Belt

He took PEDS, was caught took his ban and fine on that PED chin.
    Hmm not what i heard from Chael Sonnen

YouTube - ‪Chael Sonnen Breaks his silence to Mike Straka‬‏
    He even told them before his fight that he would test posative for PED's because they are for his condition. His ban was lifted when they established he needed them.
    Carnt see the you-tube clip, but you've just admitted he took PEDS, which showed up to be higher than normal testosterone levels. Bang to rights the cheating fuker !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never said he didn't use peds. The difference is he was using them to enhance himself but instead for medical purposes which was established by the commission.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never said he didn't use peds. The difference is he was using them to enhance himself
    Exactly, he was enhanced.
    Sonnen-Stann Penciled for UFC 136 in Houston
    The fighter’s recent indefinite suspension from the California State Athletic Commission was lifted when his fight license expired on June 29, making him eligible to reapply for a new license in any state.

Add to the fact his money laundering allegations in Oregon, this bloke is a knob!!

Entertaining when he was around last time, but I dont think he should be allowed back. Hope Stann knocks his head off, or breaks his arm.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its was for a condition get it in your head it wasn't for enhancing him! And Stann is going down to get pounded for three rounds. Then its Silva's turn.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information