Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Froch v Chris Eubank

Who would win between Carl Froch v Chris Eubank Snr?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch v Chris Eubank

Eubank in his prime (Benn 1) would have done Froch in an absolute war.
    Eubank always struggled with good boxers i.e. Michael Watson beat him by 2/3 rounds in their first fight but got mugged by the judges to set up the ill fated rematch that should never have happened.
    Froch was not a particularly great boxer so it would have come down to heart and will.
    Just think Eubank would have had the edge in that department but fuck me what a fight it would have been
    Eubank on Points narrowly

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I suspect Eubanks would have got inside Froch's head, wound him up until he was frantic and then been good enough to capitalise on his mistakes.

Chris was much more annoying than Groves, and look what George did to Carl's head. He just wasn't quite good enough to capitalise.

That apart, two teak tough fighters with great chins. Eubank would have tried to set his own pace, i.e. Slow. It would end up s total war.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It really would have been a brutal war, when you think about it both fighters have been in the deep end and in some absolute classics and both have pulled wins out the bag in the championship rounds after climbing of the floor and taking hard beatings

Froch v Taylor
    Eubank v Watson 2

I'm as sure as i can be that it would have gone down in history as one of the greatest British fights

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think different (although did not think about the mind games Eubank's plays to mess with Froch's head) I think Froch wins at supermiddleweight because he was the natural at the weight and Eubank was better at middleweight.

Eubank was not as good at super middleweight and was 'past his best' after the wars with Benn and Watson.

I think Froch wins in a war similar to when he beat the canadian.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Eubank takes it. A battle of the wills. Eubank wins the battle of attrition.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't forget that Cwis was just as susceptible to mental mind games. Look at what Collins did to him with the hypnotist blag It's a great fight and to be honest quite difficult to get behind either bloke when they both love the smell of their own farts but I think Froch may have edged it in a war of attrition. I know it was late on in his career but I think Calzaghe would have dished out the same masterclass with Froch as he did with Eubank. He may on the outside have looked a better boxer than Froch, but his chin hid the fact that he was not a fantastic boxer.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would of been a great fight

IMO Eubank wins by late KO or on pts

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like the cunt but Froch all day long. Points all over it, Froch work rate better than Eubank. Remove the obligatory extra credit Eubank gets for being from the 90's, which of course was better than the 00's or 10's or whatever the fuck you call them and it's a pretty straight forward affair. Froch too big, too hard, too busy. Froch points.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must be the only one who thinks it’s not a good style match up. Of course, both were tough, but I don’t think it would be a war. Snr. Only had wars when he had to. Let’s not forget , he was in a few dud fights where he was posturing more than Boxing. Once he actually got in the ring , I used to think that was the end of the show, he was pretty boring. Effective, but boring.
    I don’t think Snr. Was the greatest actual Boxer, but I think Froch would’ve made him look it. I think there is a difference in class and I would have it to Eubank on a comfortable (but boring) points win.
    And if by chance Froch was good enough to make it a war, I would still have Eubank on points, but closer.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think both their macho egos would have guaranteed a war, sooner or later they'd have started to trade as it's in their nature to do so (neither man was good enough a boxer to outclass the other)
    Froch' s size wouldn't come into it either, at the very tail end of a hard career Eubank more than held his own against a rock hard Cruiserweight in Carl Thompson over 2 fights one of which he fought 4-5 rounds with one eye.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Add to that Eubank gave Calzaghe his hardest ever fight at Super middleweight.
    Calzaghe has been quoted loads of times admitting this.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Add to that Eubank gave Calzaghe his hardest ever fight at Super middleweight.
    Calzaghe has been quoted loads of times admitting this.
    Granted Eubank is a hard man but Joe just gassed out which is why it was a hard fight for him. Joe was inexperienced.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I don't like the cunt but Froch all day long. Points all over it, Froch work rate better than Eubank. Remove the obligatory extra credit Eubank gets for being from the 90's, which of course was better than the 00's or 10's or whatever the fuck you call them and it's a pretty straight forward affair. Froch too big, too hard, too busy. Froch points.
    Regarding Froch being "too hard" for Eubank, I'd cite below as evidence otherwise:

Eubank coming off the floor late in the fight having being broken down systematically to then stop Watson
    Steve Collins telling Eubank to his face that Eubank was tougher than him. (round the table supermiddleweight chat hosted by Johnny Nelson)
    Having his swollen eye cut to continue facing Carl Thompson in the first fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank.

Thread Information