Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Dela Hoya angling to get a rematch with Pacquiao

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Oscar Dela Hoya angling to get a rematch with Pacquiao

"Sources close to the Golden Boy camp have been saying Oscar is upset over his loss to Manny Pacquiao. Oscar is believed to be angling to get a rematch with Manny Pacquiao perhaps as earlier as late this spring.

Oscar does not want to end his career with this loss. Oscar believed that he was overtrained by his trainers for this fight. There also appeared to be much confusion in Oscar's corner the night of the fight.

Who would train Oscar in a rematch? Floyd Mayweather, Sr. who previously trained Oscar De La Hoya has stated he would be willing to train Oscar De La Hoya in a rematch with Pacquiao. In another recent interview Mayweather, Sr. stated the following:

“I can tell you is that it wasn’t all Oscar’s fault. I know personally of two things that went on in Oscar’s training camp. There was a lot of stuff that went on in camp that was counter productive to Oscar’s training,” said the controversial fight coach.

Mayweather also picked Ricky Hatton to beat Pacquiao if the two should ever face one another."

Whoa!! All the big name boxers wanting to fight Pacquiao!! Hatton, PBF and now Hoya!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar Dela Hoya angling to get a rematch with Pacquiao

He can go out with a win, just not at Welterweight, and no against Pac. Oscar is a sharp guy and id hate for him to keep on fighting past his prime and take beatings that could stay with him for the rest of his life. He has too much going on outside the ring to gamble with his health. I think he should fight one more against a decent Lt. Middle and retire with a win.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah you got to feel sorry for Oscar. Both his defeats to Manny and Floyd Mayweather were clearly a consequence of having the wrong the trainers.

Freddie fucked up for him against Floyd and against Manny Nacho clearly didn't communicate properly to Oscar that he needed to punch back.

When you factor in the trainer who told him to keep away from Trinidad the last 3 rounds which lost him that fight you have to feel sorry for Oscar.

If it wasn't for his trainers letting him down he'd be one of the best ever.

I think his problem has been that he hasn't had a high profile trainer. He's paid millions so he should get the best to train him. I'd go for Tommy Gallagher, he's been on tv and everything. He'd be sure to tell Oscar that he 'needed this next round' thus giving Oscar the instruction he has been lacking up to now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Bilbo theres definately a pattern. I think Floyd Sr. is the best trainer for him, but the trainers not the one fighting. Oscar lost because he couldnt do his part.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Yeah you got to feel sorry for Oscar. Both his defeats to Manny and Floyd Mayweather were clearly a consequence of having the wrong the trainers.

Freddie fucked up for him against Floyd and against Manny Nacho clearly didn't communicate properly to Oscar that he needed to punch back.

When you factor in the trainer who told him to keep away from Trinidad the last 3 rounds which lost him that fight you have to feel sorry for Oscar.

If it wasn't for his trainers letting him down he'd be one of the best ever.

I think his problem has been that he hasn't had a high profile trainer. He's paid millions so he should get the best to train him. I'd go for Tommy Gallagher, he's been on tv and everything. He'd be sure to tell Oscar that he 'needed this next round' thus giving Oscar the instruction he has been lacking up to now.

Don't forget his vaunted "Do it for your family," technique. That's a sure path to victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    "Sources close to the Golden Boy camp have been saying Oscar is upset over his loss to Manny Pacquiao. Oscar is believed to be angling to get a rematch with Manny Pacquiao perhaps as earlier as late this spring.

Oscar does not want to end his career with this loss. Oscar believed that he was overtrained by his trainers for this fight. There also appeared to be much confusion in Oscar's corner the night of the fight.

Who would train Oscar in a rematch? Floyd Mayweather, Sr. who previously trained Oscar De La Hoya has stated he would be willing to train Oscar De La Hoya in a rematch with Pacquiao. In another recent interview Mayweather, Sr. stated the following:

“I can tell you is that it wasn’t all Oscar’s fault. I know personally of two things that went on in Oscar’s training camp. There was a lot of stuff that went on in camp that was counter productive to Oscar’s training,” said the controversial fight coach.

Mayweather also picked Ricky Hatton to beat Pacquiao if the two should ever face one another."

Whoa!! All the big name boxers wanting to fight Pacquiao!! Hatton, PBF and now Hoya!!
    i wonder why he would say that. thats if he really did say it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to state those things, otherwise people will read him as discouraged, and antagonized or even anguished, with his prolonged silence.

He's Oscar dela Hoya, he earned boxing world's respect in any shape or form that he can get it. He needs an ego boost right now, to find his way in the maze of things with which he is presently confronted with.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh God, here we go again.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

i wonder why he would say that. thats if he really did say it.

Its Mayweather Sr. not Jr. who said that...

SigmaMu Guest

I dont care if jesus comes and trains Oscar. Manny will beat oscar again and make him look like the biatch that he is

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should forget all about that pipe dream.Nothing prior,during and even more so after....has me screaming "REMATCH"!!!!.Come on Oscar....it's done man,great ride but time to see the light.I think THIS time,the public is wiser than this

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blaming his team is simply denying Pac's greatness!!!

DLH can call for a rematch but he won't win against Pac whoever is his trainer.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar is living in cloud cuckoo land if he in any way thinks he merits a rematch. What a numpty.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just for the record, it wasn't Oscar who said these things, it was Floyd Mayweather Sr. I loathe ODH as much as anyone, but he shouldn't be ripped for things he didn't say.

The thread title should read something like, "Floyd Mayweather Sr. tries to keep his name in the press."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what if they did have a rematch and oscar gets beaten up more badly then the first time. i wonder what the excuse would be?

Thread Information