Default Re: Canelo vs Fielding Dec-15

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Some people are saying things that don’t make sense. Canelo absolutely isn’t going to DAZN as it is subscription, they don’t have the PPV platform. And PBC doesn’t have enough money? 1)that doesn’t matter because he will go to the largest PPV platform which PBC is already in bed with and 2)PBC has the largest actual boxing budget by far. For example 5 times that of DAZN for 2019

We all have our biases, but let’s take an objective look. GGG was considered a take all comers guy. At the same age GGG fought

Milton Nunez
    Nilsson Julio Tapia
    Kissim Ouma
    Lajuan Simon
    Makoto Fuchigami
    Grzegorz Proska
    Gabriel Rosado
    Nobuhiro Ishida

From 28-32. There are obviously reasons behind that but let’s just keep it to who they fought/will fight. Does anyone really want to tie their name to saying Canelo will fight a list of opponents that weak?

People have good reason to hate Canelo but I can say with absolute confidence in the next 4 years Canelo will fight better opponents than that.
    Good old Ronnie baby, making the “stats” work in favour of his argument as usual. Now Canelo’s opponents will be better in the “28-32” bracket. But GGG had only been a pro for 4 years at 28.
    Now Canelo’s opponents after 4 years as a pro reads:
    Antonio_Fitch
    Euri Gonzales
    Michel Rosales
    Jefferson Gonçalo
    Murat Khuzeev
    Carlos Herrera
    Lanardo Tyner

Doesn’t quite tell the same story does it ?
    So you’re comparing a child with a 28 year old man and you think you are the one being fair? 😂

Okay, let’s put this a different way even though it is clearly slanted in your favor with GGG being at the end and Canelo just entering his prime. Who has fought better opposition in total?
    “ So you’re comparing a child with a 28 year old man and you think you are the one being fair? 😂“

uh, no, I wasn’t comparing anyone with anyone. I was merely showing how you can make stats work in your favour .

“ Okay, let’s put this a different way even though it is clearly slanted in your favor with GGG being at the end and Canelo just entering his prime. Who has fought better opposition in total?”

Canelo...... but it has to be said that nearly every single fight (bar Floyd) was on his terms. Shane when he was old, Matthew Hatton for a title and sooooooo many fighters that had to boil down to his desired catchweight , and fighting guys that are small at the weight and so on and so forth.

Look , Canelo shouldn’t have even be fighting cos he’s a drug cheat. GGG is a cock because he went from “wanting all the belts” to begging somebody for a fight who didn’t have a belt. He deserved what he got.
    I couldn’t give a flying fuck for either of them anymore if I’m honest.
    Canelo should be banned and GGG should retire.
    Good post, Canelo has fought the better opposition overall, but how many of those top opponents did he beat convincingly? Trout, Lara, both GGG fights, the loss to Floyd etc.
    Does that matter? This came up because people are writing out Canelo’s career as if he will only take on fodder. It’s a lie and it shouldn’t also be an echo chamber.

Not saying you are participating in the echo chamber, just saying don’t let them trick you into participating in the echo chamber. If the narrative had truth to it it would be fine. But Canelo is 28 and has at least 5 fights against sure HOFers. He took on Trout when he didn’t have to, he took on Lara when he didn’t have to. I hated Caneloweight as much as anyone but people trying to rewrite his career as if he won’t take a challenge are being dishonest
    Yea it does matter, sure he fought these guys, but it's not like he was dominating (or even beating) them.

Canelo's opposition has been very good, he's fought GGG twice already, nuff said. But he has had many advantages at times and been very well 'managed'.

I think we know each other well enough to know that neither of us will not be influenced and are able to form our own opinions.
    I think you are looking at a how good is he argument. I’m with you in that I don’t think he’s that good. I’m still shocked by GGG II, I was very impressed by both.

I’m only talking about if he is willing to make tough fights. The evidence is indisputable that he is willing.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    But Canelo is 28 and has at least 5 fights against sure HOFers.

I count 4, but that's just me. Let's revisit.....

1. Shane Mosley - A shell of his former self, winless over his previous 3 fights. INCLUDING.... a draw against superstar (cough) Sergio Mora.

2. Floyd - A total whitewash of epic and embarrassing proportions, regardless of what CJ Ross was paid to say.

3. Cotto - Always undersized, never to be the same size as Canelo at fight time. Cotto was no middleweight..... Canelo can fight at light heavy if he wants to. Good fight, but uphill climb in Vegas.

4. GGG - No need to revisit that one, right?

Forget about who hates who. We're talking facts here. If you're willing to give your take on things.... you should be willing to hear others' take as well.

BTW...... you look at the opponents of some of the fighters above. Those are real lineups. Particularly Mosley, Floyd, and Cotto. From the start. Not 40 fights into their pro careers.
    He fought GGG twice so that makes “5 fights”

Right, 5 fights.

I gave Canelo his just due for a good fight in GGG 2. I still think he lost and was gifted. My point regarding his other HOF opponents remains, though.

I give him credit for Trout and for facing Lara, though I feel he lost that last one as well..... and got gifted.

Didn't fail to notice how he'll be facing Fielding in MSG in New York. First time he's been out of the Vegas/ Texas/ Mexico comfort zone.

I'll bet the house next time he fights someone "dangerous" he'll be right back in Vegas.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Shane Mosley - A shell of his former self, winless over his previous 3 fights. INCLUDING.... a draw against superstar (cough) Sergio Mora.

2. Floyd - A total whitewash of epic and embarrassing proportions, regardless of what CJ Ross was paid to say.

3. Cotto - Always undersized, never to be the same size as Canelo at fight time. Cotto was no middleweight..... Canelo can fight at light heavy if he wants to. Good fight, but uphill climb in Vegas.

Forget about who hates who. We're talking facts here. If you're willing to give your take on things.... you should be willing to hear others' take as well.

BTW...... you look at the opponents of some of the fighters above. Those are real lineups. Particularly Mosley, Floyd, and Cotto. From the start. Not 40 fights into their pro careers.

Right, 5 fights.

I gave Canelo his just due for a good fight in GGG 2. I still think he lost and was gifted. My point regarding his other HOF opponents remains, though.

I give him credit for Trout and for facing Lara, though I feel he lost that last one as well..... and got gifted.

Didn't fail to notice how he'll be facing Fielding in MSG in New York. First time he's been out of the Vegas/ Texas/ Mexico comfort zone.

I'll bet the house next time he fights someone "dangerous" he'll be right back in Vegas.
    Or Texas or California, he will have an unfair advantage in any of those places. But I don’t care so much about what judges decide. I care about good fights and how I see them. I’ve never complimented Canelo as much as I do for the GGG II fight in which most believe he lost I didn’t have him winning. It was impressive. And if he had any doubts about himself before they should be gone now.

I see nothing wrong with a Fielding fight on quick turnaround. If he fights another guy that level in May there are issues

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right, 5 fights.

Or Texas or California, he will have an unfair advantage in any of those places. But I don’t care so much about what judges decide. I care about good fights and how I see them. I’ve never complimented Canelo as much as I do for the GGG II fight in which most believe he lost I didn’t have him winning. It was impressive. And if he had any doubts about himself before they should be gone now.

I see nothing wrong with a Fielding fight on quick turnaround. If he fights another guy that level in May there are issues
    Agree with this post, Fielding is on par with Lemieux I guess. Canelo should more than likely step back up again in May.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just my opinion but choreographed trinket grab moves like this tend to leave me more negative on the sport the last couple of years. It's a fight no one asked for and no one wants let alone one not a single soul was thinking of. All to get a guy who tip toed his way to full fledge 160 and didn't make a definitive defining statement until his 51st fight a "historic 4th division title" as if it's some rare feat this era. Here's the thing..if you are essentially the only big media star in an entire promotion, if you are fed with a silver spoon and allowed to skirt CWs with last minute contract changes, if you have pumped PEDs into your arse and get a slap on the wrist, if the sport passes belts around like bongs at a spring break parties and has a steady supply of sub par pretty obscure trinket holders..with respect..and if three Ws and one D on your record arguably should be Ls...it's not all that difficult or relevant. I gave Canelo nothing but respect after Golovkin II but this is nothing but an empty step sideways to have a dance solo while his entire real division is blowing up around him. And he goes on a waltz to count shiny objects and milk the teats off of the fans. I don't think he has any intention of staying there but rest assured he'll be watching his clock from the sideline while they sort each other out and Golovkin is forced to fight his mandatory . Like I said..negative on it but you have to praise it when it's great and call bs on it when it's meh. It's the move and belt milking that bugs me more. I get that he is off 24 rnd at top tier with Golovkin. One good thing it's a card a week or so before to Christmas and years end. Usually the schedule dries up badly in December.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm curious if people would have preferred Lemieux over Fielding?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with @Spicoli

Tip toed into 160 is right. Now that he's there and fought GGG twice, he's jumping up to challenge for a title at 168. Screw the other 160-pounders who would give a kidney for a shot at Canelo. Let me get that other belt while the dangerous guys at 160 knock each other out. Predictable, safe, and calculated.

Sorry... to answer your question. Yes, I would've preferred Lemieux over Fielding.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with @Spicoli

Tip toed into 160 is right. Now that he's there and fought GGG twice, he's jumping up to challenge for a title at 168. Screw the other 160-pounders who would give a kidney for a shot at Canelo. Let me get that other belt while the dangerous guys at 160 knock each other out. Predictable, safe, and calculated.

Sorry... to answer your question. Yes, I would've preferred Lemieux over Fielding.
    For me they could be considered similar in opposition level.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just boycott Canelo. Do not watch his fights. DO NOT WATCH!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Just boycott Canelo. Do not watch his fights. DO NOT WATCH!
    Why? The 2nd GGG fight was fantastic.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with @Spicoli

Not saying otherwise. But stay at 160, which you avoided for so long, and fight all opposition there. Don't pretend you've somehow "cleaned out" 160 and are ready for new challenges. Otherwise, multiple weight titles are a bit meaningless. Remember Canelo initially avoid GGG and trying to goad him to 154..... and now seeing him bolt to grab a belt at 168, is so artificial and meaningless.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with @Spicoli

Feels like more of an honest fight for what was building up in front of the fans and every fight his "one punch eraser" is raved on. Then again with Lemieux already being white washed by fellow top 160 BJS and Golovkin it puts Canelo in position to improve on that or live up to in a way. I prefer Lemieux. Fielding is a blank slate State Side and guarantees Canelo all the focused stardom.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arrow Re: Canelo vs Fielding Dec-15

I agree with @Spicoli

Not saying otherwise. But stay at 160, which you avoided for so long, and fight all opposition there. Don't pretend you've somehow "cleaned out" 160 and are ready for new challenges. Otherwise, multiple weight titles are a bit meaningless. Remember Canelo initially avoid GGG and trying to goad him to 154..... and now seeing him bolt to grab a belt at 168, is so artificial and meaningless.
    I agree about staying at 160, I think I'm the only one who wants Canelo/ GGG III after the December fight. He is back in the ring quick tho, and as I said Fielding and Lemieux are similar in level.

It seems like a buffer for Canelo, so he can sit back and see what happens, before deciding if he returns to 160 or not.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some people are saying things that don’t make sense. Canelo absolutely isn’t going to DAZN as it is subscription, they don’t have the PPV platform. And PBC doesn’t have enough money? 1)that doesn’t matter because he will go to the largest PPV platform which PBC is already in bed with and 2)PBC has the largest actual boxing budget by far. For example 5 times that of DAZN for 2019

We all have our biases, but let’s take an objective look. GGG was considered a take all comers guy. At the same age GGG fought

Milton Nunez
    Nilsson Julio Tapia
    Kissim Ouma
    Lajuan Simon
    Makoto Fuchigami
    Grzegorz Proska
    Gabriel Rosado
    Nobuhiro Ishida

From 28-32. There are obviously reasons behind that but let’s just keep it to who they fought/will fight. Does anyone really want to tie their name to saying Canelo will fight a list of opponents that weak?

People have good reason to hate Canelo but I can say with absolute confidence in the next 4 years Canelo will fight better opponents than that.
    Good old Ronnie baby, making the “stats” work in favour of his argument as usual. Now Canelo’s opponents will be better in the “28-32” bracket. But GGG had only been a pro for 4 years at 28.
    Antonio_Fitch
    Euri Gonzales
    Michel Rosales
    Jefferson Gonçalo
    Murat Khuzeev
    Carlos Herrera
    Lanardo Tyner

So you’re comparing a child with a 28 year old man and you think you are the one being fair? 😂

Okay, let’s put this a different way even though it is clearly slanted in your favor with GGG being at the end and Canelo just entering his prime. Who has fought better opposition in total?
    “ So you’re comparing a child with a 28 year old man and you think you are the one being fair? 😂“

uh, no, I wasn’t comparing anyone with anyone. I was merely showing how you can make stats work in your favour .

“ Okay, let’s put this a different way even though it is clearly slanted in your favor with GGG being at the end and Canelo just entering his prime. Who has fought better opposition in total?”

Canelo...... but it has to be said that nearly every single fight (bar Floyd) was on his terms. Shane when he was old, Matthew Hatton for a title and sooooooo many fighters that had to boil down to his desired catchweight , and fighting guys that are small at the weight and so on and so forth.

Look , Canelo shouldn’t have even be fighting cos he’s a drug cheat. GGG is a cock because he went from “wanting all the belts” to begging somebody for a fight who didn’t have a belt. He deserved what he got.
    So you agree Canelo will fight better fighters which was the point
    And you agree that after 4 years as a pro , GGG was fighting better fighters than Canelo?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Milton Nunez
    Nilsson Julio Tapia
    Kissim Ouma
    Lajuan Simon
    Makoto Fuchigami
    Grzegorz Proska
    Gabriel Rosado
    Nobuhiro Ishida

Antonio_Fitch
    Euri Gonzales
    Michel Rosales
    Jefferson Gonçalo
    Murat Khuzeev
    Carlos Herrera
    Lanardo Tyner

So you agree Canelo will fight better fighters which was the point
    And you agree that after 4 years as a pro , GGG was fighting better fighters than Canelo?
    Yes, I agree that a 28 year old man who had 400 amateur fights and 4 years pro was fighting near world level. And a 20 year old with few top level amateur fights if any and 4 years pro was not fighting near world level.

But at equal points in age, because time pro is absolutely irrelevant to what you do in your career in total age is far far far far far far more relevant, we both know Canelo will fight better fighters.

Yet again you people being so crazy biased has forced me to defend a fighter I don’t like. Hopefully at some point people can just be honest. Canelo is awful but the dude makes fights, fact proven repeatedly

Thread Information