Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Josh Taylor-Ryan Martin (WBSS 1/4 Final) Youtube (Free legal live stream)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Josh Taylor-Ryan Martin (WBSS 1/4 Final) Youtube (Free legal live stream)

Josh Taylor is arguably Britain's best P4P, however, completely under the radar as he's not with a big dog promoter (Eddie). The boxing world, and all the nerd fans, know how good he is so is a rightful favourite over Ryan Martin.

HOWEVER, there's no way "Blue Chip" Martin (22-0, 12 KOs) is a 7/1 underdog. He was a quality amateur - over 200 wins - and although hasn't beat anyone of Postol or Vasquez class, has plenty of solid wins (Breidis Prescott level). And has Abel Sanchez in his corner (I'm not a trainer makes the fighter man but it's hardly a negative). Most importantly he looks to have terrific quick hands behind a tidy compact defence, consistent jab and uses his length well. He is totally unexposed and in horse racing would be described as "could be anything."

Martin to pull an upset by SD or MD is 80/1. 16/1 for the stoppage. 33/1 draw.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-03-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Josh Taylor-Ryan Martin (WBSS 1/4 Final) Youtube (Free legal live stream)

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Josh Taylor-Ryan Martin (WBSS 1/4 Final) Youtube (Free legal live stream)

Nice post Fenster, Martin is a very good fighter and an upset would not be a huge surprise for me. He is also in fantastic shape and has come to win.

Thanks to the WBSS we are getting these sorts of top quality fights.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That 80/1 bets worth a few quid as anything can happen but I don't see Taylor losing this, I'd be AMAZED if he can out speed or out box Taylor over 12 rounds.
    If Taylor wins this WBSS Eddie Hearns gonna come at him with an offer he can't refuse £$£$ and add him to the Sky/DAZN gang 100%.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor’s first round.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve never seen Martin fight before, but why doesn’t he let his hands go? Taylor does look absolute class so far.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I’ve never seen Martin fight before, but why doesn’t he let his hands go? Taylor does look absolute class so far.
    We were doing the rbr in the other thread.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor stops him in the 7th. Martin complains about a blow to the back of the head, maybe he’s got reason. But he lost every round and didn’t look like he wanted to be there . Taylor is high quality.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Well why didn’t you join the threads up? The heading of this one is obviously where I’m gonna post. Cheers @Freedom for the stream.
    That was a pleasure to watch. Taylor is probably alongside AJ as the brightest star in British Boxing at the moment. I hope this series gives him the exposure he deserves.
    Mixed views on the WBSS. On one hand , it’s brilliant and the quality is top notch. But from a U.K. Perspective, they need to get some serious TV presence on board. Then the tournament would go stratospheric.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Well why didn’t you join the threads up? The heading of this one is obviously where I’m gonna post. Cheers @Freedom for the stream.
    That was a pleasure to watch. Taylor is probably alongside AJ as the brightest star in British Boxing at the moment. I hope this series gives him the exposure he deserves.
    Mixed views on the WBSS. On one hand , it’s brilliant and the quality is top notch. But from a U.K. Perspective, they need to get some serious TV presence on board. Then the tournament would go stratospheric.
    I didn't see the other thread so had to erase all I wrote about Donaire and Burnett, but decided to keep this thread separate for future reference. Sorry.

Josh Taylor deserves more threads.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-05-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They had ITV last year and Josh Taylor's previous fights have been live on Channel 5. What good has it done him? Nothing!!! He is one the best fighters in the UK yet nobody gives a shit about him.

This free Youtube coverage is fantastic (I didn't even get to watch live), long may it continue.

Next week you'll be calling everyone a mug for buying Bellew-Uysk Yet you just watch how much attention that gets on here compared to this night, it will do more PPV than anything Taylor has got on free terrestrial.

Джем Мейс Guest

Usyk will put Bellew back into chair TV ringside commentator. He that accurate and power.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    They had ITV last year and Josh Taylor's previous fights have been live on Channel 5. What good has it done him? Nothing!!! He is one the best fighters in the UK yet nobody gives a shit about him.

This free Youtube coverage is fantastic (I didn't even get to watch live), long may it continue.

Next week you'll be calling everyone a mug for buying Bellew-Uysk Yet you just watch how much attention that gets on here compared to this night, it will do more PPV than anything Taylor has got on free terrestrial.
    That Is exactly my point. This guy is a true relevant boxer, not a gimmick. He deserves a hell of a lot more exposure. I would pay to watch him fight Prograis no problem, but why the fuck should I pay to watch Bellew fight Haye or Cleverley , or DeGale fight Eubank, or even Khan and Brook.
    Those fights mean nothing in Boxing terms.
    People who pay for those fights are mugs, but tbf , next week, Bellew is fighting one of the best fighters on the planet for a World title, so that’s fair enough. (Still won’t be paying though. )

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was at the cinema last night so only just watched it.
    Taylor looked world class and the stoppage was superb, every punch in the book with speed being dished out non stop.
    Watch Eddie Hearn snap him up soon, it's only a matter of time 😉

Thread Information