Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default GGG v Canelo 3 Talks have begun for May 4 2019

Talks have begun

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya has directed his company president, Eric Gomez, to begin immediate negotiations to stage a trilogy encounter between Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin.
    Canelo, who De La Hoya promotes, is scheduled to return to the ring on May 4th, Cinco De Mayo weekend, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas - the venue where they collided on two previous occasions.
    Golovkin has been inactive since lost a close twelve round majority decision to Canelo back in September 2018. The victory awarded Canelo the WBC, WBA middlweight titles.

Golovkin (38-1-1, 34KOs) and Canelo (51-1-2, 35 KOs) first met in September of 2017, which resulted in a controversial twelve round split draw.
    They were initially scheduled to have a rematch in May 2018 - but it was pushed back when Canelo tested positive for the banned substance clenbuteroal, which resulted in a six month suspension. Golovkin would instead face, and stop, late-replacement Vanes Martirosyan.
    After their rematch, both boxers became network free agents after HBO made a company decision to drop eliminate boxing from their programming future.
    Canelo would eventually sign a five year exclusive deal with streaming service DAZN - and then returned to the ring on December 15th at New York's Madison Square Garden.
    He moved up to the super middleweight division and captured the WBA "regular" title with a rapid three round knockout of Rocky Fielding.
    Golovkin is still a network free agent, with Premier Boxing Champions, DAZN and ESPN all attempting to sign him up. Reportedly, PBC has made the strongest offer of the three. Golovkin has not made any comments regarding his future.
    The suggested weight for the third contest is unknown, with Canelo holding titles in two weight classes and to date has not made an official decision regarding his weight class future.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-v...a-hoya--135330
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG v Canelo 3 Talks have begun for May 4 2019

I'll always watch these 2 having a scrap but the excitement has completely gone now, GGG won 2 fights and didn't get the nod in either of them, he's a lot older now, it's made for Canelo etc etc etc

Not much that can be said about the fight now, yeah we know they are two great fighters, we know that everything is engineered in Canelo's favour, we know the controversy, we know there are other fights to be made etc etc etc

I'll definitely watch it but I'm tired of talking about the pair of them now.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I'll always watch these 2 having a scrap but the excitement has completely gone now, GGG won 2 fights and didn't get the nod in either of them, he's a lot older now, it's made for Canelo etc etc etc

Not much that can be said about the fight now, yeah we know they are two great fighters, we know that everything is engineered in Canelo's favour, we know the controversy, we know there are other fights to be made etc etc etc

I'll definitely watch it but I'm tired of talking about the pair of them now.
    Awesome start to the thread
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo lost the two fights and here's hoping for third time lucky for GGG.

When Golovkin wins he should have a farewell fight against Canelo for a fourth time and then retire.

Then come back out of retirement and fight Canelo again for a fifth and final decider.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo lost the two fights and here's hoping for third time lucky for GGG.

When Golovkin wins he should have a farewell fight against Canelo for a fourth time and then retire.

Then come back out of retirement and fight Canelo again for a fifth and final decider.
    Then they can have an exhibition fight on New Years Eve

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fights, but we have seen it all besides the correct decision. I do not see the fucking point.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Good fights, but we have seen it all besides the correct decision. I do not see the fucking point.
    Yup the forum will just devolve into the same arguments as before the previous fight

Canelo waited for GGG to get old
    GGG tarnished his legacy by waiting for Canelo to allow the fight to marinate
    GGG was robbed in the first fight
    GGG was robbed in the second fight
    second fight was close it wasn't a robbery
    Judges are corrupt
    what about Canelo's hand wraps
    what about the Mexican super cow
    Floyd would still beat Canelo
    GGG would beat Floyd
    GGG has never fought anyone decent aside from Jacobs and Canelo
    I hate De La Hoya
    This is redemption for GGG
    GGG is just looking for one last payday before he retires
    the two are holding up the rest of the MW division
    there are better fights out there
    Canelo is too protected, he's the cash cow GB Promotions won't let him get beat

Might as well just resurrect the GGG v Canelo 2 thread

p.s let me know if I have missed off any key points from the first 2 fights that are likely to be rehashed during the build up to this one

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup the forum will just devolve into the same arguments as before the previous fight

Judges are corrupt
    GGG would beat Floyd
    I hate De La Hoya

p.s let me know if I have missed off any key points from the first 2 fights that are likely to be rehashed during the build up to this one

Good recap. It should save us at least 4-5 threads and hundreds of posts.

I'll just a new one to the list:

"Canelo will win the 3rd fight, perhaps decisively, and fans will claim it's (cough) "proof" that Canelo (cough, cough) "won" the 1st two. They'll also claim it makes Canelo an ATG, GOAT, god, Boxing Emperor for Life, and a few other titles."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's boxing so I'll watch. GGG apparently holding out for a decent offer. The 2nd fight was very good and fun to watch, so I'm fine with a 3rd. There are far worse fights that will be made in 2019.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's boxing so I'll watch. GGG apparently holding out for a decent offer. The 2nd fight was very good and fun to watch, so I'm fine with a 3rd. There are far worse fights that will be made in 2019.
    I’ll watch too. My main problem is that unlike the old days, fighters don’t fight often. So If Canelo fights GGG in May, he will have only fought GGG in basically a two year span and a joke fight in Rocky Fielding. There have been a few other fighters I have really wanted him to fight and he hasn’t because it’s too much of a risk at this point of his career. GGG is a much lower risk of a fight with a much higher reward.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can’t blame GGG for wanting the retirement package, unfortunately I don’t think he can do anything differently at this point, logically this one will finally be a clear loss for him. I’m just upset that Canelo didn’t have the balls to face Rocky Fielding again, but in fairness he could have just rode off into the sunset after that win. DAZN should have just paid him the remainder of his contract for the rematch, if he managed to beat Fielding again there would be no reason to continue.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I’m just upset that Canelo didn’t have the balls to face Rocky Fielding again.
    What the actual fuck are you talking about, its not about having the balls to face Rocky Fielding again, its about being sensible enough to stay the fuck away from him, now I'm not saying Canelo is scared of Rocky but I am pretty damn sure that Oscar is terrified that he would be leading the golden goose to slaughter if he put him in a rematch.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Judges are corrupt
    GGG would beat Floyd
    I hate De La Hoya

Good recap. It should save us at least 4-5 threads and hundreds of posts.

I'll just a new one to the list:

"Canelo will win the 3rd fight, perhaps decisively, and fans will claim it's (cough) "proof" that Canelo (cough, cough) "won" the 1st two. They'll also claim it makes Canelo an ATG, GOAT, god, Boxing Emperor for Life, and a few other titles."
    Article two section five- Ron Swanson will lecture everyone for talking about the fight

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What the actual fuck are you talking about, its not about having the balls to face Rocky Fielding again, its about being sensible enough to stay the fuck away from him, now I'm not saying Canelo is scared of Rocky but I am pretty damn sure that Oscar is terrified that he would be leading the golden goose to slaughter if he put him in a rematch.
    He can’t hide behind Oscar forever, being the sole star attraction for GBP, we know he could force his hand. With the criticism he already gets, does he really want to go down as the guy who ducked Fielding in order to fight GGG a third time? He knows he got lucky, the fielding that beat Mohammed Akrong would have a field day with any super middle in history.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The advantages of being in a forum is you don't have to struggle to keep a straight face.

Thread Information