Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just rewatched Pacquaio-JMM 1

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    How many times in one post will you contradict yourself?....You start out with "People who think JMM figured PAC out are all wrong"..

Then go on to say Jmm adjusted to him in the next 3 or 4 rounds and PAC could not land anything...nor get off punches because JMM kknows he is just trying to land one big shot....

That is called FIGURED OUT!!! He realized Pacquaios strategy then he found a way to nullify it

Um read the rest of it... Marquez had him figured out for 3 or 4 rounds ,but after that Pacquaio changed his style and Marquez lost his advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    This was my scorecard last time i watched the fight.

1 Pacquiao 10-6
    2 Pacquiao 10-9
    3 Marquez 10-9
    4 Marquez 10-9
    5 Marquez 10-9
    6 Marquez 10-9
    7 Pacquiao 10-9
    8 Marquez 10-9
    9 Marquez 10-9
    10 Pacquiao 10-9
    11 Marquez 10-9
    12 Marquez 10-9

113-112 Marquez
    Thats bs Marquez didn't even win close to that many of the late rounds. No offense, but there is no way Marquez won both 11 and 12, one he could have, but not both, and same with 8... I had the last 5 rounds go 3-2 for Pacquaio, he landed the way better punches and maybe was outlanded by 1 or 2 punches in rounds where he landed 5 or 6 punches harder than anything Marquez landed.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Cheap socks, mysteriously hurt feet, Jesus Christ you sound so pathetic!!! At least they are related to the feet. You must be A) Pac's personal Jester B) Excuse generator C) Podiatrist D) All of the Above
    Relax pal, we'll see who the real fool is in couple of weeks. But be very careful, I'm really good at analyzing boxing and I hardly go wrong.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL !!!

Throw out the 1st and you have a competitive 7th and 8th. Help us understand how this is not figured out on the behalf of JMM? Especially knowing your foe just rocked you 3 times in one round ! What happened is that Pac was forced to box backwards and experienced a steady diet of body punches for the 1st time. Pac is human and he grimaced from the body shots JMM administered. View the tape buddy. If JMM dictates the pace of the fight, trust me the judges will rule in favor of JMM. Lunging and floundering around the ring with missed home run shots do not equate to positive style points (perception)

Boxing vs Boxing = I'll take JMM

Brawling vs Brawling = I'll take Pac

Are you kidding me? Marquez only had the advantage for rounds 3-6 that isn't. I just watched the fight, maybe you should. By the seventh round Pacquaio was landing again until the end of the fight. Some of those rounds Marquez won, but some Pacquaio won, and neither had much of an advantage, but Pacquaio definitely was punching harder. Just by saying that Pacquaio was only competitive in rounds 7 and 8 I question whether you've seen the fight in the last 3-4 years.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Thats bs Marquez didn't even win close to that many of the late rounds. No offense, but there is no way Marquez won both 11 and 12, one he could have, but not both, and same with 8... I had the last 5 rounds go 3-2 for Pacquaio, he landed the way better punches and maybe was outlanded by 1 or 2 punches in rounds where he landed 5 or 6 punches harder than anything Marquez landed.
    Round 8 was close and could of gone either way, and if i remember right Marquez clearly won the 11th, the 12th was quite close but i felt Marquez outlanded Pacquiao in that round and slightly got the better of the exchanges. You can't say there is *No way* Marquez won those rounds, because the 12th and 8th were close and no one clearly won those rounds they were highly competitive rounds.
    Last edited by ICB; 02-25-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree to disagree... I don't think Marquez won both the last two rounds. I remember him clearly winning one of them, but not both, and also the 8th IMO was close, but Pacquaio landed harder shots in the 8th where both them really couldn't do anything. In the 12th however Pacquaio landed more, and better punches.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reason why pac started to land some shots at last couple of rounds was that marquez started to slow down a bit and pac started to mount his last hurrah offense.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I scored the first fight 7-5 for Marquez in rounds, but the 3 knockdowns in Round 1 made it a 113-112 points win for Pacquiao.

I think the rematch is a 50/50 fight odds-wise, but my gut tells me Marquez will win by close decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just realized. Posters on this thread that says Pac would lose to JMM are pretty much the same people who picked MAB over Pac.

Tsk! tsk! HATE is a sad thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    I just realized. Posters on this thread that says Pac would lose to JMM are pretty much the same people who picked MAB over Pac.

Tsk! tsk! HATE is a sad thing.
    I picked Pacquiao to beat Barrera by knockout.

There's a big difference between Pac-Barrera II and Pac-Marquez II. Pac destroyed Barrera in the first fight, while the first Marquez fight was a great back-and-forth fight.

There are plenty of reasons to pick Marquez to win that have nothing to do with being a "Pacquiao hater."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    I picked Pacquiao to beat Barrera by knockout.

There's a big difference between Pac-Barrera II and Pac-Marquez II. Pac destroyed Barrera in the first fight, while the first Marquez fight was a great back-and-forth fight.

There are plenty of reasons to pick Marquez to win that have nothing to do with being a "Pacquiao hater."
    Yea, I hope "addicted_to_boxing" have the same point of view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to mention that the experts also picked Morales in the rematch and the rubbermatch, and Barrera in the rematch. Experts in general favour boxers with technical skills over boxers will natural ability. This fight will test the chin of two warriors. Marquez drop by Barrera in their bouts that ruled slip and Pacquiao never touch the canvas for long time. His 2 losses due making the weight and 1 from Morales but did'nt touch the canvas. It will be a good fight and the chin Factor will be test in this bout. A lot of people picking Marquez to win the rematch because they really don't know how development Pacquiao is at the moment. Watch his last fight against Barrera, and you'll see what I'm saying guys. There's only one question I want to ask you, Have you ever seen Barrera missing the target that much?

The smart boxer in Barrera tried to follow JMM's blueprint of counterpunching in that rematch... But did it work guys? Obviously not. With all of Barrera's running, he still got rocked and almost went down.

If JMM engages, it'll be a short night.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think MArquez will win this one.
    HE deserved the first one though.
    On the night it was an overcommitted finisher fought of by a Warrior stanima and chin first, then a thinker fighter second who deserved the nod .

I'd like to see if PAc could come back from the same type of onslaught as MArquez did ,I doubt it very much.
    But like Mayweather, I dont think anyone is in their scope at their weights to catch them cold:
    Unless PAc overcommitts and MArquez nails him hard comming forwards and wobbles him or puts a major question in his mind I dont see it going to the cards. late stoppage for PAc this time.

Im yelling for MArquez on the night though,he is the underdog in so many ways.
    Most real fight fans who are not from either country and here for national pride reasons as well, will be going for MArquez for that same reason.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez was on point against Juarez and busted him up pretty good, but Pacquiao has a new jab he didnt have in the first fight. Pacquiao has developed more since the first fight, but is it enough to beat JMM? I don't know if the Pacquiao that just fought Barrera can beat JMM, if Pacquiao tries to box he's gonna get schooled. He has to go back to his old ways, he can win a brawl.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    First off, as I've always said, Marquez won that one. But if you think a guy having been knocked down thrice in the first, make adjustments and can win nearly all round afterwards just like that? - that won't happen and I doubt that ever happened. The secret is that pac injured his feet after his intense exersion on the first. We've seen his badly sored and swollen feet right after the fight there at the ringside (I mean on the tube). Of course you won't take my word for it. I've been always scoffed off for this here but I'm smiling 'cause this will be proven in couple of weeks. Just watch round two, pac stopped fighting and Marquez wasn't even countering. Anyone who knows pac knows that once pac sees blood, he won't stop until his prey is down and out - it's always been like that, no exception. Pac gave Marquez entire second round to recover. Just think about it, a guy who knocked his opponent down thrice in one round can't even land one clean power shot after that? No way, especially if you consider that pac is a pretty fast fighter too. He can't land his shot and just got countered 'cause he couldn't move fast enough. Simple as that.

All right anti-pacs, don't be rattled. This whole issue would be settled soon enough, so let's just wait. I think pac can KO marquez anytime he choses to, even in first couple of rounds. You know in most big fights, pac has a self-designated round to try finishing off his foe. In Morales II, it was round 6. In Morales III, it was Erik trying to finish pac off early so pac had no choice but fight back agressively early regardless of what his plans might have been. On Barrera II, it was round 11 - pac got agressive and stunned Barrera and Marco had to resort to dirty tactics to thwart pac's momentum, and he succeeded. I'm not even worried about pac been outboxed. Pac can outbox Marquez, period. He's got quicker feet to do just that. My only concern is pac getting careless and getting knocked down or out. One of the most under-rated aspect of Marquez' boxing is his power. Believe me he is one of the best p4p punchers today, together with pac, de Leon and few others. I think if pac is careful with those punches, there should be no problems...
    well said pacfan. You know I have the video of Pacquaio showing his blistered foot after the fight.... that's why I'm confident that Pacquaio will win this fight against Marquez. I've been scoffed at and ridiculed before when I said what you have just said.
    Last edited by brucelee; 02-26-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Thread Information