Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacman vs Sergio Martinez?

Share/Bookmark
    jon09 Guest

Default Pacman vs Sergio Martinez?

Lets say the Mayweather fight does not happen and Martinez gets by Paul Williams. Is it feasible for Pac and Sergio to fight at 155 because Roach loves his catch weights for the middleweight title. Sergio is a smaller middleweight who has fought mostly at 154. I think it makes the most sense if Money Mayweather fight does not happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacman vs Sergio Martinez?

I think Pac should stay at 147.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Sergio said he wouldn't go down past 157 if he could get a fight with Mayweather. He said that he doesn't want to harm his body making such a huge cut; but who knows? "Everybody's got a price" -Ted DiBiase

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post

Stay at 147? He's only had 2 fights at 147. Josh clottey who was a none puncher and was coming off a defeat and de la hoya who pretty much had to cut off an arm to get on the scales.. Cotto was a 145 catch weight. That is not 147.

You could argue about margarito.... but that was meant to be a light middleweight fight, but it wasn't because it was set at 150.

If he wants to fight Martinez do it at 160 or not at all.

i'm sick of this bullshit. There's only one weightclass. Manny pacquiao weightclass. You work out the manny pacquiao weightclass by deducting 4-5 pounds off the weight you are comfortabley stong and fit at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac should stay away from moving up anymore. He should just finish his career at 147. Tony's tough but come on guys, he's a punching bag for faster fighters. Let's not get outta hand with this win. Pac is obviously growing comfortable at or around welterweight. He's good where he is and has opponents.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006 View Post
    Pac should stay away from moving up anymore. He should just finish his career at 147. Tony's tough but come on guys, he's a punching bag for faster fighters. Let's not get outta hand with this win. Pac is obviously growing comfortable at or around welterweight. He's good where he is and has opponents.
    I agree. Pacquiao weighed 144.5 for the weigh-in! I see him as a smaller welterweight even now.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post

Stay at 147? He's only had 2 fights at 147. Josh clottey who was a none puncher and was coming off a defeat and de la hoya who pretty much had to cut off an arm to get on the scales.. Cotto was a 145 catch weight. That is not 147.

You could argue about margarito.... but that was meant to be a light middleweight fight, but it wasn't because it was set at 150.

i'm sick of this bullshit. There's only one weightclass. Manny pacquiao weightclass. You work out the manny pacquiao weightclass by deducting 4-5 pounds off the weight you are comfortabley stong and fit at.
    I disagree although I prefer non-catchweight fights too. Even at a catchweight though, I would give Manny more credit for beating Martinez at 157 for a 160 pound belt than beating Marquez/Bradley/Shane at 147. That's different from saying he is the outright middleweight champion of the world because he only won it at 157, but beating Martinez to me is more of an accomplishment. May just be me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps we should see the result of Martinez/Williams II this weekend before even considering it.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Perhaps we should see the result of Martinez/Williams II this weekend before even considering it.
    This is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I disagree although I prefer non-catchweight fights too. Even at a catchweight though, I would give Manny more credit for beating Martinez at 157 for a 160 pound belt than beating Marquez/Bradley/Shane at 147. That's different from saying he is the outright middleweight champion of the world because he only won it at 157, but beating Martinez to me is more of an accomplishment. May just be me.

Can't agree. To me it's saying 'I can't beat this guy unless I handicap him in some way'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A-fucking-men !!! What pac has done is absolutly amazing. He's just fights the fights and beats down whoever is in front of him. The weights and purses and everything else aren't his fault. If he's able to talk one of the klitch's into dropping down to 150 for a catchweight fight for the hw belt then that's stupidity on the klitch's fault. Same with all these recent pac fights, but i too am tired of all these catchweights. Fighting these guys is impressive but how bout fighting some of these guys at thier regular weights. Asking martinez or anyone else to come down is just getting old. No more top rank puppets, no more catchweights. Martinez at 160 or nothing. I agree
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito was a welterweight, 150 was fine. Cotto wasn't the biggest ww, and those are the only two catch weights Manny has had.

Martinez could easily make 154, he only moved up to face Pavlik and Williams. If he and Pacquiao fought at 155-156 it should be fine for him.

I'm not sure if Manny would want to face a guy with so much footspeed though, I think the height and speed combination wouldn't work well for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

imo pac should finish his career at 140-147lb division. although i believe manny has a decent shot at winning against williams or martinez it could be detrimental to his health and there's really no need for it. tbh i think the floyd fight is the only fight out there that should happen for pacquiao at this point before he caps his career and calls it a day.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post

A-fucking-men !!! What pac has done is absolutly amazing. He's just fights the fights and beats down whoever is in front of him. The weights and purses and everything else aren't his fault. If he's able to talk one of the klitch's into dropping down to 150 for a catchweight fight for the hw belt then that's stupidity on the klitch's fault. Same with all these recent pac fights, but i too am tired of all these catchweights. Fighting these guys is impressive but how bout fighting some of these guys at thier regular weights. Asking martinez or anyone else to come down is just getting old. No more top rank puppets, no more catchweights. Martinez at 160 or nothing. I agree
    Max Boxing - News - Williams vs. Martinez II: For the HBO Middle-Catchweight Championship of the World

Certainly, you feel this about Paul Williams too, right? He demanded Sergio to fight at 157 rather than 160 for the middleweight title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would not be too beneficial for PAC to take on Martinez who is the same size as Margarito or maybe bigger.

I think Pac beats Martinez but the damage required for that victory might affect him for the rest of his life.

Martinez and PaulW are fighting for the MIDDLEWEIGHT crown that's quite an odd considering pac weigh in at 144 last time out.

Pacquiao should consider Bradley, Berto or maybe JMM.

Most people are getting carried away and standards are getting higher and higher. Marg should be pac's heaviest, they should not consider anything heavier than that.

Erik Morales II ( March 2006) - Pacquiao was 144 fight night
    Margarito ( November 2010 ) - Pacquiao was 148 fight night

Pacquiao is a small man and should be fighting at 140.

Thread Information