Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Finito - why is Mansour facing Epifanio Mendoza?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Finito - why is Mansour facing Epifanio Mendoza?

He's taking a step back in competition from the Guinn fight. Mendoza is a former super middleweight/light heavyweight moving up to heavyweight. Maybe his team isn't as confident in him as you are in him. Boxing - Mansour-Mendoza on Dec 2

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Finito - why is Mansour facing Epifanio Mendoza?

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    He's taking a step back in competition from the Guinn fight. Mendoza is a former super middleweight/light heavyweight moving up to heavyweight. Maybe his team isn't as confident in him as you are in him. Boxing - Mansour-Mendoza on Dec 2
    Yep, that's a big letdown.. IM not making excuses for Mansour but the truth is bruh, it's not his fault that nobody wants to face him.. He's been calling out many ranked fighters for the past months but none of them are biting. I can understand that alot of these guys have nothing to gain by beating him at this juncture but even the second tier guys are avoiding him..

I like the fact that he's realistic about his place though.. He even acknowledged that guys like Arreola have bigger fishes to fry than him but he's ok with that. Amir is willing to work up the ladder but nobody is giving him a chance!

He tried to set up a bout with Tony Thompson but that aint happening.. Then he called out Chauncy Welliver and offered him a career high purse but he'd rather stay fighting on that bum circuit in China..

He's in a tough situation right now. Mendoza has no business getting in the ring with Amir but to his credit, he did upset the undefeated Carlos Negron in his last bout..

Only thing he can do is keep knocking those guys out and he'll get a shot sometime next year..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Yep, that's a big letdown.. IM not making excuses for Mansour but the truth is bruh, it's not his fault that nobody wants to face him.. He's been calling out many ranked fighters for the past months but none of them are biting. I can understand that alot of these guys have nothing to gain by beating him at this juncture but even the second tier guys are avoiding him..

I like the fact that he's realistic about his place though.. He even acknowledged that guys like Arreola have bigger fishes to fry than him but he's ok with that. Amir is willing to work up the ladder but nobody is giving him a chance!

He tried to set up a bout with Tony Thompson but that aint happening.. Then he called out Chauncy Welliver and offered him a career high purse but he'd rather stay fighting on that bum circuit in China..

He's in a tough situation right now. Mendoza has no business getting in the ring with Amir but to his credit, he did upset the undefeated Carlos Negron in his last bout..

Only thing he can do is keep knocking those guys out and he'll get a shot sometime next year..
    Yea, I hear you. I was just messing around. It's just a strange fight to have. Probably just to keep busy. He needs to challenge someone like Seth Mitchell or Wach. Those are good stepping stones.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea, I hear you. I was just messing around. It's just a strange fight to have. Probably just to keep busy. He needs to challenge someone like Seth Mitchell or Wach. Those are good stepping stones.
    That's what im thinking. Seth Mitchell is an ideal opponent for his HBO/Showtime debut.. I thought a fight with Maurice Harris was almost done but guess not..

Stepping stones... so you're saying Amir beats both MItchell and Wach?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's what im thinking. Seth Mitchell is an ideal opponent for his HBO/Showtime debut.. I thought a fight with Maurice Harris was almost done but guess not..

I like Amir against Mitchell who I believe is overrated and to be fair, I don't know Wach all that well. I'm not sure how Amir would do moving up the rankings though because I haven't seen him face any adversity in the ring yet. Someone with a big amateur background like a Chagaev etc could give him problems with his technical skills. I'm not sure. I need to see a little bit more of him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Amir against Mitchell who I believe is overrated and to be fair, I don't know Wach all that well. I'm not sure how Amir would do moving up the rankings though because I haven't seen him face any adversity in the ring yet. Someone with a big amateur background like a Chagaev etc could give him problems with his technical skills. I'm not sure. I need to see a little bit more of him.
    I dont think ive been this high on a HW since Lewis retired. Based on the eyeball test, I say Amir beats everybody not named the Klitchkos...

Guys who can compete with him are Helenius and maybe Chagavez/Povetkin but I see him as a notch above.. We'll never until he steps up though..

Arreola would be perfect..

Thread Information