Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default losing weight in 3 months

Hey guys this is my first post so ill introduce myself . Hey im Shin , I live in Australia im 19 years old . Im about 5,8 and weigh 88 KG . Im gonna be fighting in my first amature fight in about 3 to 4 months. Im really happy bout that.

Ive been at my boxing gym for about 3 weeks now . The trainer there thinks i have potiential . Im a southpaw i think thats an advantage in itself But i really wanna go down to another weight class .like middle weight which is about 76 kg.

This is our a train durring the week .

Monday - Go for a 2 hour walk , Go to the boxing gym for about 2 hours and rest.

Tuesday - Go for a short 1.1km run it takes me about 10 mins. Do some serious skipping training, Work out my arms, the usual sit ups ,pushups and squats and bicyle riding.

Wesnesday - I go to colledge and then go to boxing gym .

Thusday - Hit the bag and mittens at home, do some more basic traing such as doing sprints and jogging street light to street light. The jogging is ussally like my rest period cause im regaining strength until the next street light .

Friday - Go for a 2 hour walk and go to the boxing gym .

SAturday - a mix of training of tuesdays and thusdays.

sunday - Is my rest day.

I go down to about 76 kg in the next 3-4 months . Any idea's guys to help a fellow boxer out.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: losing weight in 3 months

Your workout on the boxing side look good. But i personally think you should scrap the 2 hour walks put on a sweat jacket and drink boat 6 litres of water a day and go for a long run. thats how i lost weight anyway. and make sure you keep going dont stop it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh i drink alot of water a day. I only go for the 2 hour walks because when i go to boxing gym its takes an hour to walk there and an hour to walk back .BUt ussally on the way back i jog most the time . Any other ideas on how i can lose it or i should be doing something im not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any idea how i can train myself any other ways please help me guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you eat clean and healthy and keep your training as it is you will probrably loose what you want to without changing anything. remember you have only been training for 3 weeks it takes time, dont rush and train hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is it possible that i wont lose weight but i might gain weight because i might get muscles and shit

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gallys right and the more you train your metabalism will increase
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinlee
    is it possible that i wont lose weight but i might gain weight because i might get muscles and S***
    As long as you keep your training relevant to boxing, your body will find it's ideal weight... not your mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

alright boys heres an update for month 1. im now 82 kg from 88 kg . i still got 2 months until i can lose more and go down to middle weight divisions

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't fancy just staying at 81kg and fighting at light heavy do you? how do you feel at the weight?

Depends if you still have a gut to loose or not... Agree with getting rid off that, don't agree with any one forcing their weight down unaturally...

As the majority of Pro boxers do to ridiculous levels... look at Manny Pacqiuo he's been in hospital a few times from it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nah man i still got a bit of a gut now . i still feel that im not at my right weight division. since im not that tall and i weighed that much before was really bad . ill be happy for now when i get down to middle weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

get yourself a balanced diet no junk watch fat intake,,,do more cardio in your work out....wear sweats when you workout but make sure you hydrate a mistake many new guys make and that can leave you weak...diet and hard work is the key,,,Stay away from crash diets and sauna suits they are only for guys with experience who know how to combat side effects
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When i started boxing a year and a half ago, i weighted 109 kg, a year later i weighted 81.
    That's 28 kg in a year, thus about two to three kg a month.
    I didn't diet in the way of following some dietstuf-food. It will only cost you your valeubale energy for training. What is an absoluut DON'T is to eat very little food. You train, your body needs the energy and building materials! Also, when you eat to little, your body (and that's nature for ya) will not burn the food, but put it away as fat. Why? because your body doesnt know when it is going to have the next (enough) meal, so it will save up the food to substain your basic needs, instead of using it when you need it while training and such. You'll feel weak and listless.

What I did was:
    (besides this, I train 3-4 times a week, an hour and a half per training)

Watch what i'm eating. as little sugar as possible, As little as saturated fat (non-saturated is not so much of a problem, you even need it!) as possible and overall watch the Kcal on the foodpackeging. If you have yohgurt of two brands, compare them and take the one with the least carbs.

It is also very importent to eat every two hours. That is: your normal three meals a day and in between every two hours. You could eat fruit or healthy low carb any kind of food. Why every two hours? First, it will prevent feeling hungry, and your body will get used to the fact that it will always be provided with enough energy, so it burns all that what is needs at the moment your body asks for it, so you will have enough energy while training, and recover quick enough.

Also try to drink as much water as you can. It's really helpfull against feeling hungry when you cannot eat yet, which prevents that you overdo yourself when you are able to eat. Further plenty of water regulates your bodytemprature when training and helps to keep your body clean. Your liver and kidney's need a lot of water and as a result your glands will work better (which in results in better fatburning)

And my final tip:
    Eat one fresh pineapple at least once a weak. It really works! Pineapples have some kind of substance-partical which really helps with burning fat. I did'nt believe it at first, but i really noticed that when i don't do so, I only lost about 1, 1,5 kg a month, and when i did eat it, i easely lost 2.

I hope it will help! And any which way you will do it, Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hmm pineapple i buy pineapple in a can and eat it or does it have to be like full fresh ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinlee
    hmm pineapple i buy pineapple in a can and eat it or does it have to be like full fresh ?
    lol, yeah, you must eat a fresh one. I don't know if you have ever eaten a fresch pineapple, but it has a bit of an edge compared to the can, and that edge is the partical you need. The can-tipe has lost a lot, as nearly all fruit in cans have.
    OH, and they put lots of sugar in de can with the pineapple, and you don't want that.

When you buy a fresch pineapple, leave it somewhere in the kitchen (not in the fridge) for about 2 or 3 days, and when you smell a flair of sweet sent coming off it when you pass by, it is ready to eat.

Thread Information