Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ICB's RBR Of Joel Casamayor vs Michael Katsidis.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default ICB's RBR Of Joel Casamayor vs Michael Katsidis.

Only 4 days until this fight so i thought i would put up a RBR again, and do one again if my fellow saddoians don't mind.

Michael Katsidis.

What can you say about this guy ?? he truly is one of the most exciting boxers out there at the moment. He reminds me of a modern day Arturo Gatti, he has a huge punch, lots of heart, and lots of will. But just because i like Katsidis a lot doesn't mean he isn't very beatable which he is. I see his last fight with Czar Amonsot, which was very exciting but also he was exposed quite a bit in that fight IMO. Czar gave him quite a lot of problems and even badly cut him, i thought Katsidis's power would have finished the job quickly because Czar has been stopped twice before in his other 2 losses, one of those losses come in the first round. But it didn't and we had a back and forth war, Katsidis looked on the verge of being stopped with those nasty cuts, but i give Katsidis credit for coming out for the 10th round like that and trying to finish his man, Katsidis finished the fight Arturo Gatti style. And saved himself from being stopped. Katsidis is good at coming back when he is hurt, even when Graham Earl managed to deck him, he took a few seconds to recover than went right back to his work and begun to pound Earl.

Joel Casamayor

The incredibly skilled Cuban has been a bit unlucky in his career, he dropped 3 very close decision to Freitas, Corrales, Castillo, what can i say about Casamayor ?? a very good slick boxer who knows all the tricks in the book. I thought a lot of the Lightweights were ducking him, and when he finally did step into the ring with Cruz in his last fight i thought it would be normal routine for Casamayor, but boy was i wrong as he was totally out boxed. After 12 rounds i think everybody had Cruz winning by a big margin and there was no doubt Casamayor had lost. But to the shock of everyone Casamayor won the decision in which mostly everybody thinks was a robbery. Now this could mean 2 things, 1 the long lay off effected Casamayor and he was ring rusty. Or 2 he is a shot fighter at 36 and his age has finally caught up to him.

Final Verdict

I think Casamayor will be well up for the Katsidis fight looking to redeem himself, and i think he will totally out box the limited Katsidis. I do like Katsidis and it would be good to see him win but i have a funny feeling Casamayor will put in one of his best performances, i see Casamayor winning clear cut decision or stopping Katsidis on cuts late.
    Last edited by ICB; 03-18-2008 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ICB's RBR Of Joel Casamayor vs Michael Katsidis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fl!p Flash View Post
    Casa is a "done" fighter. His last performance was butt ugly. He's gonna get KTFO by young guns Kats this weekend.
    Joel may not be the fighter he was , but Katsidis is easy to hit ,crude , and totally over rated , i pick Joel to win myself , Katsidies is a WBO cHAMPION , NEED I SAY ANYMORE ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Casa had a bad fight last time out, as everyone does now and again. How he looks this weekend will help clear up all the "casa is washed up" talk. Before that last fight, no one wanted any piece of casa now one fight later he done for ?!! Maybe...maybe not hard to say at this point in my eyes. The ole usual casamayor wins, just depends who shows up.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know this fight is for THE LIGHTWEIGHT Championship of the world, but as far as alphabet titles go, each fighter has an "interim" alphabet trinket

Does that mean we are going to get a unified "interim" alphabet champion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nate Campbell has to get the winner of this fight. Unless Casa really turns back the clock and looks great beating Kats, I think Campbell would smoke him at this point. I'm really hoping to see Nate vs Pac sometime over the next year, and it looks like a very plausible fight right now.. Don't see Pac losing to David Diaz that's for sure.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Nate Campbell has to get the winner of this fight. Unless Casa really turns back the clock and looks great beating Kats, I think Campbell would smoke him at this point. I'm really hoping to see Nate vs Pac sometime over the next year, and it looks like a very plausible fight right now.. Don't see Pac losing to David Diaz that's for sure.
    I think Campbell can beat any Lightweight out there at the moment, the only concern i have is can he produce that kind of performance again ?? he is getting past his sell by date and fighters can age over night, i hope he doesn't though because i love the way he rolls with the punches reminds me little bit of Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joel will win this fight, many people said that Campbell was way past it, he then got in the ring and dominated, it's all about focus and last fight Joel was not, he will be on Saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
    Joel will win this fight, many people said that Campbell was way past it, he then got in the ring and dominated, it's all about focus and last fight Joel was not, he will be on Saturday
    This fight will not be similar to Campbell-Diaz. Katz can KO his opponent with one punch,.. if not, then a brain hemorrhage will likely to occur.

Just ask Czar Amonsot.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't stand Casamayor because of his tumultuous relationship with Chico Corrales (one of my all time favorites), but unless he has completely lost it he should beat Kats without too much difficulty. I see Casa's counter-punching wearing down and eventually stopping kats.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Casamayor on points or late stoppage

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit ironic calling Casamayor "unlucky in his career" after his last fight

I find Casa an ugly (not talking about his looks) and at times boring fucker.. wouldn't surprise me - even now that he's ancient and coming off a pathetic lucky showing - if he bored-out at SD.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mixed here.While I think Casa was awarded a stupendously bad descision and looked tattererd and spent Vs. Santa-Cruz and I think he comes off like a dirty fighting tweeker....He is and has been a very slippery and crafty Fighter over career.I think he Will be drooling at the sight of A face first free swinging Katsidis who has all the desire and heart out there but he is very defensivly Deficient and untested in the big bouts.When Merchant kept comparing him with Gatti........Nice sentiments back could also be a back handed compliment. I.....cough cough.......see Casa making this a fugly fight and bringing Katsidis into the deep waters for a Dec.Win,Or tko on cuts late.

ICB Guest

Bump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just placed a bet on Casa, Coral have him at 6/4 £15 stake returns £37.50 think he'll out box him, as for Kats punch power he wont catch clean enough and often enough to knock him out or stop him.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by motorcitycobra View Post
    Just placed a bet on Casa, Coral have him at 6/4 £15 stake returns £37.50 think he'll out box him, as for Kats punch power he wont catch clean enough and often enough to knock him out or stop him.
    If Casamayor has got any kind of old form we will see another undefeated fighter exposed badly.

Thread Information