Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shall we talk about De La Hoya

Apparently he has said that the Canelo fight won't take place until September because Canelo wants to fight BJS or Jacobs

Also he is back in training, fitter and faster than ever and wanting to fight Conor McGregor and KO him in two rounds.

Is he back on the marching powder?

I can't post the links at the minute as I'm on my phone.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shall we talk about De La Hoya

Wanker if this true, more likely just playing hard ball with GGG.

Canelo will not want to face Jacobs but could see him wanting to fight winner of Lemieux/Saunders.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

What did I say about big fights NOT getting made because of greedy promoters and that hurting the sport?!?!

Oscar should stay out of the ring and McGregor should stick to MMA

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Waiting for GGG to get old.

Might be waiting a long time if he has the hopkins gene.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately, I’ve come to not like de la Hoya whatsoever. He was my favorite fighter growing up and I truly thought that with his promotional company that he would do good for boxing. He has become maybe the worst promotional company and is extremely annoying.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Unfortunately, I’ve come to not like de la Hoya whatsoever. He was my favorite fighter growing up and I truly thought that with his promotional company that he would do good for boxing. He has become maybe the worst promotional company and is extremely annoying.
    He was going to clear out the old guard Arum and Don King, but he's hampered plenty of boxers and he's kept as many big fights from happening as he's made happen. He's been a very big disappointment as a promoter, same old same old

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With regards to the GGG fight, tbh I'm beginning to say it serves Golovkin right. If his team couldn't see this coming, then they deserve to be shafted. I said this would happen ages ago.
    He should get on with his own career and not let it revolve around Canelo and GBP.
    Fight Jacobs, fight BJS, Fight Charlo, just get on with making your own legacy.
    As far as the McGregor thing goes, well , if he wasn't such a cokehead and I could believe he was in a serious training camp, I'd give him a decent chance in a Boxing match in the first 6 rounds. After that, he's fucked.
    But as we know, he could never go through a camp, it's over for the prick.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You would have to assume he has fallen off the wagon. Tranny pictures are probably due in a week or so.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry, I meant to say Person of alternate gender affiliation photos are due soon.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar should focus on some of those crappy cards he signs off on. A couple of weeks ago Golvkin-Canelo must happen in May because "we give the fans what they want". Oscar makes me miss Don King, at least he aimed higher.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar had all his top fighters surreptitiously stolen, what Richard Schaefer did it's a surprise Oscar was able to continue let alone rebuild.

Canelo vs Saun/Lem/Jac/Char are fine by me. Not bothered about a GGG rematch really, it wasn't that good and there was a clear winner in my book.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Let's do it Cinco de Mayo': Canelo agrees to long-awaited rematch with Golovkin for May 2018

According to Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez, Canelo Alvarez has agreed to a rematch with middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin for 5 May, 2018 — the Mexican holiday of Cinco de Mayo.

The two middleweight fighters collided in their much-awaited title fight encounter on 16 September in a boxing bout that did not disappoint.

The verdict of the judges soured what was a remarkable 12-round fight though, as the contest was decided as a split-decision draw, with many in the combat world picking Golovkin as the winner.

Talks for a rematch in 2018 on Cinco de Mayo were immediate as many felt it was best to capitalise on the momentum and attention that such a fight received.

However, negotiations had stalled, with Golovkin's promoter Tom Loeffler stating that if a rematch was not finalised by December, the sequel would not happen in May.

However, Gomez, who claimed earlier this month that Canelo will be presented with all the details and will make a decision, now says the Mexican has agreed to a fight.

"We had been thinking about doing it sooner, maybe March," Gomez said, as quoted on BoxingScene.

"We had some other ideas but now 'Canelo' came back and said, 'Let's do it Cinco de Mayo.'"

As for where the rematch will take place, there are many options with Golovkin's camp preferring not to do it in Las Vegas again due to the judges, although they would still be fine with fighting in Sin City.

"The venue is up in the air," Gomez added. "Jerry Jones (owner of the Dallas Cowboys and AT&T Stadium) came back and wants to meet with us."

"Madison Square Garden wants to meet with us. They've told us, 'Look, we're serious, we really want the rematch, we want an opportunity to meet.' We're going to give them an opportunity to sit down and meet with them."

Regardless of all the options, Gomez admits it is hard to compete with Vegas, currently the fight capital of the world.

"Yes, it's hard to compete with Vegas," Gomez explained. "The amenities in Vegas are unmatched around the world."

"There's so many amenities and there's a reason why these high rollers come in and you charge bigger ticket prices — but that's because of the amenities. How many suites do they have in Vegas? The entertainment, the restaurants, the gambling, everything."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news...cid=spartanntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Yes of course they want Vegas again.....they want to screw GGG over again. There was 1 clear winner of that fight, it sure as fuck wasn't Canelo.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin should say F off to any consideration of Texas. Vegas is the most money but he should push for New York where he will have his best chance at a fair verdict.

Hopefully GGG comes into camp not fat this time around. I think he didn’t realize how much effect all the extra promotion actually has last go. It’s hard to train after 8 hours of promos.

Let Lemieux/BJS winner prove themselves against Jacobs, then winner of GGG/Canelo can fight for that last belt in a way that it actually means something to unify.

Let Charlo fight a top 10 guy and prove if he is what people say, set up a nice challenger for whoever comes out of GGG/Jacobs unification

Edit-I know this makes too much sense and will not happen

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It just seems like he's off the wagon and drunk all the time. He whined about how McGregor/Mayweather was a disgrace to boxing, it hurt the sport, yadda yadda, and now he's asking for a Conor fight?

Thread Information