Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation Miguel Cotto vs Sadam Ali

Miguel Cotto will bring the curtain down on his boxing career
    With a world light middleweight title fight against Sadam Ali...

https://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2017...-miguel-cotto/

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miguel Cotto vs Sadam Ali

Gunning for those big fights, eh Cotto. Not interested in this and will skip it. One coaster fair enough, but two on the trot? That's Mayweather style. Boycott.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not really a big fan of a once great fighter trying to pretend to have a big last fight. Ali isn’t good. He is a solid C class level fighter. I have no interest in this fight. If a fighter continues fighting because it’s just what he loves to do, then I can live with that. I just hate trying to make a big deal about a final fight that is worthless.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah comon cotto has had a great career. Give him his nothing fight and support him. Shit look at floyds last couple fights. Cotto gave us a lot of good entertaining scraps and looked excellent against Floyd until he took a few rounds off. I think he was the last to give Floyd a bloody nose. I'll support him and cheer him on. I always thought he was a classy guys. You people know fuck all about boxing.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should go out with a win here. Would be devastating should he lose. Won't get much credit for a win either I'm guessing.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    He should go out with a win here. Would be devastating should he lose. Won't get much credit for a win either I'm guessing.
    True, it's kind of a wash either way but screw it I always liked him and won't forget it all for one fight. Not everyone can be like Hopkins

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    True, it's kind of a wash either way but screw it I always liked him and won't forget it all for one fight. Not everyone can be like Hopkins
    Kind of a wasted year for Cotto really. Whats the bet we see him in the ring in 2018?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Ah comon cotto has had a great career. Give him his nothing fight and support him. Shit look at floyds last couple fights. Cotto gave us a lot of good entertaining scraps and looked excellent against Floyd until he took a few rounds off. I think he was the last to give Floyd a bloody nose. I'll support him and cheer him on. I always thought he was a classy guys. You people know fuck all about boxing.
    I don’t care who he fights to end his career but if it’s not against a solid opponent then he shouldn’t expect a big deal to be made.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd respect Cotto more jumping into the shark tank of 154..the division where he calls himself a champ? Should Trout pull it off it has to happen. Great career and tremendous battler but beating up on blown up welters rings hollow. Ali will be used to mop the floor here, much more devastating than Vargas did to him and Kamaegai will demand a rematch.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, if Ali got stopped by a light punching super-lightweight then you’d think he’d be stopped again here which would leave Cotto with a record of 42-5 with 34 KO’s and titled in four different weight divisions. He’s had a good career but it would’ve been nice to see him go out on a bigger fight. Even Brook, Khan and Margarito would be better than Ali despite their recent form.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give Cotto a break!

It is his last fight and it should be celebrated. Few fighters get to retire on their own terms.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I quit a job, I go in for my last day of work knowing I'm not expected to do anything but hangout and have fun with my colleagues. It's a celebration, and we all have fun.

El Kabong Guest

I think it's a disappointment that Cotto goes out on this kind of fight and not a bigger, more meaningful, or action packed fight.

I wish there was one more fight like Cotto-Torres for the fans, Cotto is a hell of a fighter and he'll be missed in the ring.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Give Cotto a break!

It is his last fight and it should be celebrated. Few fighters get to retire on their own terms.
    I don’t think people are angry with Cotto, I think there just disappointed that he isn’t going out against a big name. I don’t think anyone really wanted to see him get beat up by Golovkin in his final fight. He’d easily handle Khan or Brook and those would have been bigger names and better fights for him to bow out with so I think it’s more disappointment than hate (could be wrong)

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Give Cotto a break!

I don’t think people are angry with Cotto, I think there just disappointed that he isn’t going out against a big name. I don’t think anyone really wanted to see him get beat up by Golovkin in his final fight. He’d easily handle Khan or Brook and those would have been bigger names and better fights for him to bow out with so I think it’s more disappointment than hate (could be wrong)
    I bet you Brook may not have recovered yet and Khan wants an easier first fight to get back his career on track.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information