Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Showtime fight night- Mikey vs Easter Jr.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Showtime fight night- Mikey vs Easter Jr.

Looks like Mikey will unify his title with Robert Easter's IBF title next.

This is great news, the buzz around a fight between the winner of this fight vs the Loma/ Linares fight will start to grow.

PS Mikey wins this easy.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 07-28-2018 at 08:29 PM.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mikey vs Easter

Easter is a solid fighter but no way will he even give Mikey trouble. I see a mid round stoppage on this one.

It’s a great fight to set up a mega fight against Loma/Linares winner

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easter very entertaining but another who doesn't fight his frame. He's dangerous if he would. Against Garcia that leaning over and loading up will get you hammered. Still need to see Mikey at weight again and how camp goes with it..no more puking in buckets on hbo..but unless Garcia comes in looking past or gaunt etc he'll pick Easter apart.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easter is a good fighter. But he's not in Garcia's level.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Is anyone on Garcia's level at this weight?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Loma gets by Linares like most think he will, then he most definitely is (or higher).
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If Loma gets by Linares like most think he will, then he most definitely is (or higher).
    That is the best of the best if Loma v Garcia get to fight one another after they beat their top opponents.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Showtime fight night- Mikey vs Easter Jr.

El Bump. Card kicks off Saturday night. Weigh in today had Garcia staring holes through a rowdy in your face Easter Jr. Surprised a solid title unification has gone under the radar. On paper with Easters style and frame it might..emphasis might..turn into some solid give and take action but it's pretty clear Easter Jr isn't fighting his frame and gives up his reach and lays in. We'll see.

Mikey has gone full in talking up Spence almost to the point of stfu and slow your roll already . Slight chance he's looking beyond a guy he calls the second best fighter in the division and ignoring Loma save for wanting to "race him" to a main event ppv. To me just pretending Loma doesn't exist regardless of promotion blender is very disappointing and Spence feels like he's inviting a sacrificial shortcut. Feels like a bad trend. Luis Ortiz returns against goliath Razvan Cojanu and unless Wilder took his soul he should chop him down nicely.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easter is pretty good but as you said he doesn't utilize his advantages. Fortuna arguably best him and Commey (who is also a good fighter) took him very close.

If Mikey made the weight without too much sacrifice, I think he wins a comfortable decision. Maybe a lady stoppage.

Easter can win rounds here, I think he'll just be a little behind all round.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Mikey stops him. Easter has definitely been bothered in his fights. I think Mikey will counter him repeatedly until Easter quits throwing much.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    El Bump. Card kicks off Saturday night. Weigh in today had Garcia staring holes through a rowdy in your face Easter Jr. Surprised a solid title unification has gone under the radar. On paper with Easters style and frame it might..emphasis might..turn into some solid give and take action but it's pretty clear Easter Jr isn't fighting his frame and gives up his reach and lays in. We'll see.

Mikey has gone full in talking up Spence almost to the point of stfu and slow your roll already . Slight chance he's looking beyond a guy he calls the second best fighter in the division and ignoring Loma save for wanting to "race him" to a main event ppv. To me just pretending Loma doesn't exist regardless of promotion blender is very disappointing and Spence feels like he's inviting a sacrificial shortcut. Feels like a bad trend. Luis Ortiz returns against goliath Razvan Cojanu and unless Wilder took his soul he should chop him down nicely.
    Mikey has been talking about Loma. I can grab you some interviews with him talking about Loma but basically it’s the same as always “It won’t happen because I won’t agree to fighting on under the Top Rank label”

Bob has been quite clear he won’t make that fight so what is Mikey supposed to do?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Mikey has been talking about Loma. I can grab you some interviews with him talking about Loma but basically it’s the same as always “It won’t happen because I won’t agree to fighting on under the Top Rank label”

Bob has been quite clear he won’t make that fight so what is Mikey supposed to do?
    Fight under the top rank label.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MG by UD

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight under the top rank label.
    Do you happen to recall his career under Top Rank? It was such a disaster he wasted 2 years getting out from under them

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd echo Master, thanks my Google works . But seriously..who else gets that pass? I'm big on a guy moving to clean his own house out before he anoints himself ready to walk into someone else's. Loma and some gripe he cannot get major tests. Mikey lost massive time sitting out and obviously thinks he deserves the mega fights...so he should act like it. He's going to go to the well one too many times with this rotating division stuff and the roofs going to fall in on him.

Thread Information