Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pernell Whitaker vs Diosbelys Hurtado What A Brutal Finish.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Pernell Whitaker vs Diosbelys Hurtado What A Brutal Finish.

I'll tell you something this finish is up there with Morrison vs Mercer does anyone else agree ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pernell Whitaker vs Diosbelys Hurtado What A Brutal Finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    I'll tell you something this finish is up there with Morrison vs Mercer does anyone else agree ??
    The ref took too long to step in there. Thankfully, Pea wasn't a devastating puncher of we could have had a real tragedy.

That fight preserved Pernell's payday vs Oscar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah how can you not bro, Its stunning to watch how slow the ref is, The shit is constant overhand lefts

Quote Originally Posted by DIOS DOMINICANO
    The ref took too long to step in there. Thankfully, Pea wasn't a devastating puncher of we could have had a real tragedy.

That fight preserved Pernell's payday vs Oscar.
    Think its fair it preserved his fight with oscar, And he fought a close fight maybe a win with oscar that was prob his last big and best fight.. Cant say that fight was just a payday in anyway shape or form
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ref was a joke,he could hav been killed,i think this fight showed that Pernell was slightly past his best,if he had of fought oscar 2 years before that he would hav won a lot easier,although oscar was never a walk in the park for anyone..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fin
    The ref was a joke,he could hav been killed,i think this fight showed that Pernell was slightly past his best,if he had of fought oscar 2 years before that he would hav won a lot easier,although oscar was never a walk in the park for anyone..

He lost to DLH, at the time DLH was in his prime and a P4P fighter
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

ICB Guest

Whitaker had started showing signs of fading before this fight it just amazes me how Whitaker was way past his prime and still arguably beat Oscar De La Hoya in his prime i personally had the fight a draw.

This fight was crazy with all the point deductions and the 2 knockdowns Whitaker suffered were basically him being off balance. Going into the 11th i saw it as quite a close fight, despite Whitaker having 2 knockdowns against him, because if i remember right Whitaker had 10-8 round when Hurtado had a point taken away and Whitaker won that round clearly making it 10-8 in favor of Whitaker. But Whitaker showed alot of bottle in this fight and also in his fight with Tito aswell i really wish Whitaker would of retired after Oscar De La Hoya fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whitaker had started showing signs of fading before this fight it just amazes me how Whitaker was way past his prime and still arguably beat Oscar De La Hoya in his prime i personally had the fight a draw.

This fight was crazy with all the point deductions and the 2 knockdowns Whitaker suffered were basically him being off balance. Going into the 11th i saw it as quite a close fight, despite Whitaker having 2 knockdowns against him, because if i remember right Whitaker had 10-8 round when Hurtado had a point taken away and Whitaker won that round clearly making it 10-8 in favor of Whitaker. But Whitaker showed alot of bottle in this fight and also in his fight with Tito aswell i really wish Whitaker would of retired after Oscar De La Hoya fight.

I can name at least 20 fights off the top of my head where one guy should have gotten the nod but didn't...gotta go with what the history books have it down as
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No idea what the ref was doing, Whittaker was just winding up with his left hands, brutal stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Their were times in the Whitaker vs De La Hoya where Oscar would'nt have hit Pernell with a box of confetti great fight their should have been a rematch though.

Thread Information