Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Today I feast on Crow!!!

Froch just owned AA last night....It is not that I never thought Froch had the ability to win or did I ever think he was not an elite fighter but I figured AA would be able to expose Froch chin but he had zero chances to do so....Great win for Froch.......Credit is deserved and I give it when due....

I actually became a fan of his after the fight due to his post fight comments...It was the first time I ever witnessed Froch humble and show respect to other fighters....He admitted that he did not want to stand and trade with AA and it would have been a mistake to do so and he gave AA his due....I also liked the fact he gave GJ respect for thier upcoming bout and the fact that he was not making claims about walking through Johnson....

Kudo's to Carl Froch.....Though my main 168lb man Lucian bute would still beat him in a fight if/when they meet...

Bute can do everything Froch did last night and more....But before I go spouting off at the mouth I better not make any predictions...

It must be something about the SMW division because when Calzaghe was the King I gave him zero respect for the opp he fought and superior attitude hoping every fight would be the one he lost but once he started beating legit guys like Kessler etc he earned my respect...Especially for his win over Hopkins....

Lets not forget to give Ward his respect for his win in a tough bout

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today I feast on Crow!!!

Bute isnt the main man dude

how can he be, he isnt a part of this tournament

Its Ward or Froch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute had other obligations at the start of the tourney that is why he is not in it....Are you seriously going to pretend that Dirrell or Ward were rated higher then Bute when the tourney began? I don't think so....I guess Allan Green is above him as well because he came in as a replacement?...

Being part of the S6 tourney has nothing to do with who the man is....

Last I looked Bute is undefeated with his last 4 defenses won buy KO over top rated opp....His KO over Andrade erased any doubts on who the better of the two were after the first fights contraversy....So being in the Tournamnent has nothing to do with if one fighter is better then the other regardless on who it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought froch would beat abraham but not as easily as he did. froch boxed a mona lisa last night. it was a thing of beauty. the problem with abraham is that he's too damned defense oriented. he'll continue to get beaten up if he doesn't start boxing more and starts taking more chances. all he ever does is fall way behind of points and then he tries to go for the KO. froch on the other hand, is my co-favorite super middleweight fighter along with lucian bute. love these guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Bute isnt the main man dude

how can he be, he isnt a part of this tournament

Its Ward or Froch
    I wouldn't look at it that way regarding who's the best in that division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here's my take on the big three at super middleweight.

lucian bute - he may very well be the most talented SM but i think he's been coddled and protected somewhat. would like to see him come up to the plate and fight either andre ward or carl froch.

carl froch - i think what separates froch from lucian bute is his willingness to fight anybody. andre ward is also the type who ducks nobody. i also think he's boxing skills are vastly underrated.

andre ward - he could be the most talented SM but he really hasn't been all that tested. his only signature win is against mikkel kessler and he did that very impressively. i gotta see more of him before i am totally convinced he's the best SM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Bute had other obligations at the start of the tourney that is why he is not in it....Are you seriously going to pretend that Dirrell or Ward were rated higher then Bute when the tourney began? I don't think so....I guess Allan Green is above him as well because he came in as a replacement?...

Last I looked Bute is undefeated with his last 4 defenses won buy KO over top rated opp....His KO over Andrade erased any doubts on who the better of the two were after the first fights contraversy....So being in the Tournamnent has nothing to do with if one fighter is better then the other regardless on who it is
    cummon man, this is the premier tournament in the division, if you win it you are the best in the division

green lost both fights badly so the answer to that question is no

look at who froch has faced last 3 fights (due to the super 6) and look who bute has faced

bute could be the best, but he cant be regarded as the best because he hasnt succeeded in the super 6

if he beats the then champ then yes he is the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cummon man, this is the premier tournament in the division, if you win it you are the best in the division

green lost both fights badly so the answer to that question is no

look at who froch has faced last 3 fights (due to the super 6) and look who bute has faced

bute could be the best, but he cant be regarded as the best because he hasnt succeeded in the super 6

if he beats the then champ then yes he is the best
    Yeah you keep telling yourself that being in the S6 means your the best....In truth be it that Bute is better then all the guys in the S6 or not fact is after the tourney if you can still call it that the winner is itching to fight Bute and until they do Bute will continue to leave doubt on who exactly the best 168lbr is....Get off Froch Jock because you mention his name Waayyy to much to make this a genuine debate....

Your logic means that AA is better then Bute because he has a S6 win, Dirrell is better because he has a S6 win, and everyone who has won a fight in the tourney.....Really when you think about your post in this thread you are saying that Allan Green is better because he participated in the tourney.....

Why was it Bute did not participate in the S6 again? Do you even know?....When you do some online research and find the answer come back and pretend you knew it all along then give me some other quality reasoning like Bute does not wear the correct Ring shoe brand to be the best at 168....How about Bute can't be the best becauser he has dirty blonde hair unlike the other S6 fighters....Maybe because he doesn't have a British accent so he cant be the best......

Those reasons make about as much sense as what you saying

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah you keep telling yourself that being in the S6 means your the best....In truth be it that Bute is better then all the guys in the S6 or not fact is after the tourney if you can still call it that the winner is itching to fight Bute and until they do Bute will continue to leave doubt on who exactly the best 168lbr is....Get off Froch Jock because you mention his name Waayyy to much to make this a genuine debate....

Your logic means that AA is better then Bute because he has a S6 win, Dirrell is better because he has a S6 win, and everyone who has won a fight in the tourney.....Really when you think about your post in this thread you are saying that Allan Green is better because he participated in the tourney.....

Why was it Bute did not participate in the S6 again? Do you even know?....When you do some online research and find the answer come back and pretend you knew it all along then give me some other quality reasoning like Bute does not wear the correct Ring shoe brand to be the best at 168....How about Bute can't be the best becauser he has dirty blonde hair unlike the other S6 fighters....Maybe because he doesn't have a British accent so he cant be the best......

dude does it matter how many times i mention his name to how valid the debate is?

Froch has just come off a fantastic win, isnt this a forum that discusses recent boxing action?

It doesnt matter why bute did or he didnt participate in the super 6, this tournament started with 6 of the best 7 fighters in the division. It is very debateable where that one fighter who didnt start in the comp would stand in the rankings

so the winner of the super 6 will be the only man who can claim to be the best in the divison and until Bute beats him it will remain that way

and in any case, Bute hasnt proved he is the best in the division, who has he beaten that is better than the original super 6 fighters?

p.s. Im not really sure what your last paragraph means

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dude does it matter how many times i mention his name to how valid the debate is?

Froch has just come off a fantastic win, isnt this a forum that discusses recent boxing action?

It doesnt matter why bute did or he didnt participate in the super 6, this tournament started with 6 of the best 7 fighters in the division. It is very debateable where that one fighter who didnt start in the comp would stand in the rankings

so the winner of the super 6 will be the only man who can claim to be the best in the divison and until Bute beats him it will remain that way

and in any case, Bute hasnt proved he is the best in the division, who has he beaten that is better than the original super 6 fighters?

More or less the last paragraph meant nothing meaqning that just because Bute was not in the Tourney does not mean he was not considered one of the best in the division.....I mention the fact you bring up Froch so many times because you are coming across as a Froch lover and past the point of just being an average fan EG-Hatton and Pacquiao fans and no matter what anyone says you will bring his name up...Yes this is a boxing website to debate the sport but if Froch is going to be mentioned no matter what then it kind of kills the debate.....If I am wrong and you are only mentioning Froch due to the recent fight then my apology...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More or less the last paragraph meant nothing meaqning that just because Bute was not in the Tourney does not mean he was not considered one of the best in the division.....I mention the fact you bring up Froch so many times because you are coming across as a Froch lover and past the point of just being an average fan EG-Hatton and Pacquiao fans and no matter what anyone says you will bring his name up...Yes this is a boxing website to debate the sport but if Froch is going to be mentioned no matter what then it kind of kills the debate.....If I am wrong and you are only mentioning Froch due to the recent fight then my apology...
    I like Froch, I am an englishman and he is an english man succeeding in my favourite sport

The discussion was about bute tho, he hasnt proved himself as the best in the division, that has to be ward or froch at the minute which is down to the super 6, Ward probably has the edge because of the kessler fight, although Froch's last 4 or 5 fights have been much tougher than Wards

Who has Bute beaten to deserve to be the best in the division? Miranda? Bika?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with Eric44 on this.

Prior to the start of the Super 6 there was no question in anybody's mind that Bute exluded, this was the best supermiddleweights in the world.

They have all fought each other. Bute, in not entering has been forced to fight inferior opposition.

All of the opponents he has fought have been beaten by guys in the Super Six. Ward beat Bika, Kessler beat Andrade, Abraham bear Miranda.

Bute has done no more than any of those guys in terms of who he has beat.

When you factor in his soft opposition, along with the fact he's incredibly lucky not to have a KO loss on his record, it's hard to place him above Ward and Froch as the main man in the division.

Right now the most accurate statement is to say it's wide open. Bute, Froch and Ward are all making the claim. Hopefully it will be all be decided next year.

But no way is Bute number 1 when two other guys are fighting and winniing against better opposition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...yea i was dead wrong myself. I finally consider froch one of the best up there but not quite as high as some. I still see butte and ward the top two but that's not to say froch couldn't beat any of them. Ward i have to say i was extremly dissappointed in. It's so hard to watch the guy cause he holds, wrestles, elbows etc...and he doesn't have too. We all seen times where he's boxed and looked great. So why he wrestles i'm not too sure about. Also i'm really tired of seeing him fight in oakland when everyone else fights on the road. No fault of his at all. Who wouldn't want that, just doesn't seem fair.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Froch, I am an englishman and he is an english man succeeding in my favourite sport

The discussion was about bute tho, he hasnt proved himself as the best in the division, that has to be ward or froch at the minute which is down to the super 6, Ward probably has the edge because of the kessler fight, although Froch's last 4 or 5 fights have been much tougher than Wards

Who has Bute beaten to deserve to be the best in the division? Miranda? Bika?
    Well when the time comes we will see who is the best if Bute does not make the jump to LHW first...I know a fight with Pascal would be HUGE in Canada....That depends though on if Pascal beats Hopkins or not and who will be available first Winner of the S6 or Pascal....This is what his camp has told me anyway....I am good friends with Butes cutman Bob Miller as we both train Amateurs and when I was in the Albany area the amateur circut locally was fairly small so we ran into each other often and he threw many of the regional qualifying tourneys and the winners of each weight class we would all gather them up from the gyms they boxed out of and made the trip to the Empire State Games together.....Yet even though I have known him for that long we all know the sport is full of BS artist or things change by the minute so often he may have just been pulling my leg on it to avoid the chance anything should turn into a rumor that need not be.....

I am not saying that any of the S6 fighters could not beat him but IMO Bute is the best of the division and has the goods to beat any of the guys in the S6.....I think Ward would be the biggest threat.....After the way he fought last weekend showing he can adjust to any style makes you look at him in a whole new light....It took a bit longer then I thought it would with Ward after the Olympics to get into the big fights but now that he is there he sure has made the best of it....

When you think about it Be it Ward, Bute, Froch, Kessler, AA... at the level they are on anyone of them can beat the other on any given night if they are off their A game even the slightest
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 11-30-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Thread Information