Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No FNF thread?!?!

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default No FNF thread?!?!

FOR SHAME!!!!

Brad Solomon looks like a mini RJJ, he doesn't have the KO power, but he's got that flashy style.

Why is it that all of Bernard Hopkins' relatives are so inactive and disappointing? Rock Allen and Demetrius Hopkins had very good potential, but never did a damn thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No FNF thread?!?!

it always seemed to me like people here never liked d-hop

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Demetrius makes me want to watch Bernard....Solomans got him but needs to step it up

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher View Post
    it always seemed to me like people here never liked d-hop
    I was willing to give him and Rock Allen a chance despite Bernard Hopkins having the UGLIEST boxing style ever. But those two are so inconsistent and either they just have no idea about their potential or they figure just knowing about their potential will be enough to win them fights.

I wonder why Solomon hasn't got Merkerson training him or RJ Senior.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    FOR SHAME!!!!

Brad Solomon looks like a mini RJJ, he doesn't have the KO power, but he's got that flashy style.

Why is it that all of Bernard Hopkins' relatives are so inactive and disappointing? Rock Allen and Demetrius Hopkins had very good potential, but never did a damn thing.

demetrius had to go away for a while cause he didn't want to pay for his kids.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant believe how boring that fight was. D-Hop has one of the most boring styles ever, he just sits and waits all day for you to do something. Now way he should ever be on T.V again. Soloman at least threw punches, but he doesnt look to have any kind of impressive power. I dont think he will amount to much judging off this performance. They should have shown the heavyweight fight over that snorefest.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I recorded this it was on 7.30am!!!!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    I cant believe how boring that fight was. D-Hop has one of the most boring styles ever, he just sits and waits all day for you to do something. Now way he should ever be on T.V again. Soloman at least threw punches, but he doesnt look to have any kind of impressive power. I dont think he will amount to much judging off this performance. They should have shown the heavyweight fight over that snorefest.
    yea the fight was garbage, only entertaining part was when Hopkins' own corner started talking shit to him, "you're on national television and you're fighting like this?!?!" hahaha, but yea Soloman gets hit too cleanly and anyone with good power on a world level will probably blast him out, a good fight for him would be against Holt or Bailey

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enjoyed highlights of Cotto and Martinez fights with interviews.

Also good to hear Haye as well. The fights themselves were poor.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Solomon is entertaining to watch, but he lacks the big time power and fast hands that RJJ had.

I wouldn't mind if I never saw any Hopkins ever fight again.....no I take that back, I wouldn't mind seeing B-Hop KO'd.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No FNF thread! March 25

Not much going on Tomorrow Night, but I like this kid, Erislandy Lara. Then I found out he's another Cuban, Ah... no wonder he looks so good, he probably has over 200 fights.

ESPN2
    light middleweight - Richard Gutierrez 24 W 5 L 1 D 14 KOs vs. Yudel Jhonson 9 W 0 L 0 D 6 KOs
    light middleweight - Carlos Molina 17 W 4 L 1 D 5 KOS vs. Erislandy Lara 15 W 0 L 0 D 10 KOs

USA
    middleweight - Marcus Upshaw 13 W 4 L 1 D 6 KOs vs. Osumanu Adama 18 W 2 L 0 D 13 KOs
    welterweight - David Estrada 25 W 6 L 0 D 16 KOS vs. Lanardo Tyner 24 W 4 L 0 D 15 KOs
    light middleweight Angel Hernandez 30 W 9 L 0 D 17 KOs vs. Joey Hernandez 17 W 1 L 0 D 10 KOs

TeleFutura
    featherweight - Antonio Escalante 24 W 3 L 0 D 15 KOs vs. Alejandro Perez 14 W 2 L 1 D 9 KOs

El Kabong Guest

I've seen Yudel Johnson fight before...he's so-so. Lara is quality, he's hyped up a bit since he's Cuban, but I enjoy watching him fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I've seen Yudel Johnson fight before...he's so-so. Lara is quality, he's hyped up a bit since he's Cuban, but I enjoy watching him fight.
    Yea that's the way I felt. Friday is Family movie night, but I've got "new boxing" programmed on the DVR and usually watch it when get in from the movie. Sometime, I get lucky and the main event just starts. I really hate it when it's already the 6th round.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again no one Jhonson vs Gutierrez and the Lara ass whooping should be good !

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember Gutierrez used to look like he had potential, especially after the Clottey fight. Should be a good test for the young guy. Seems like he doesnt have quite enough to be A level but gives a good effort.

Thread Information