Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I cant quit losing weight.

I have been eating right and working hard everyday. But I just keep losing more weight and more weight. I dont feel like im really getting any skinner and I when I look in the mirrior I can tell I have gained some muscle. But my weight keeps dropping, Im just wondering if it alright to just keep letting your weight drop like it is? Ever since I just eat fruits all day and grains and vegetables and fish my weight just keeps dropping. I just wanted to make sure its not unhealthy or anything like that. Im not an expert on the weight thing so could somebody just tell me what is going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I cant quit losing weight.

if your losing weight then you are not eating enough or getting inadequate calories from the foods you are eating.

if your not getting enough calories to support the exercise you do during the day then you will drop the weight as the body find a source (bodyfat/muscle) to get it from.

high protein diets will stop the catabolic (muscle eating) process from destroying your hard earned gains in the gym to a degree but you need to have the carbs in the diet too to stop you losing weight. Are you looking to gain weight or maintain the weight your currently at?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Need more specifics, whats your weight at now? Whats your height? what was your build and weight when you started at how old are you?

do you only eat fish? no meat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am now 129. I am close if not 5'7. I started at about 145 or so. I lost all of this in a matter of weeks. I just turned 16 recently.

Im not much of a meat person, I do eat it, I just enjoy seafood more than meats.

And I am wanting to stay around 130.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what i dont like about dropping large amounts of weight fast is the fact the your kidneys and spleen could drop.
    since the only thing holding them in place is adipose (fatty) tissue when you lose weight you could move the location of these two organs. the position of these organs are important for boxers because someone could easily knock the hell out of your kidneys. As far as how to stop dropping weight try eating wrong if you dont like! If you want a few more pounds spoil yourself with a cheeseburger and ice cream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Im not really wanting to lose or gain anymore weight. I mean I dont mind staying a few pounds above or below 130 I just wanted to know how for me to quit losing weight without having to go back to eating junk food. Ive already trained myself to not eat it and I dont want to just give it up now. you know what I mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should not have to go back to junk foods to keep weight on. You can find foods that have high caleries and protein that are still good for you. You might want to try doing a internet search.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Instead of eating foods where most of the calories come fro fat, eat foods where the calories come from complex carbs (brown bread, potatos, cereals... pasta etc) or simple carbs like bananas and other fruits etc.

do you even know how many calories you eat in a day? a 'guestimate' would help... its not that you can't stop loosing weight its becuase you're not eating right.

If energy (calories) in your diet is lower than the amount you use during the day (to live and to perform activitys) then you will loose weight.

If it is the same your weight will remain constant, if it is higher you will gain weight. What you eat and how you train will effect your body composition (will you gain 7 pounds of muscle or seven pounds of fat?... ) but forget guzzling down loads of protien as a way to 'gain weight'... those are the building blocks of muscle but what use are they if you don't have the workers to carry it out?

Thats a rather bad analogy I use... protien is bricks... your muscles are the fondation of a wall and calories are builders (thats brickies... :P)

If you order in loads of Bricks whats the use in having them if you don't have any workmen to lay the bricks and build the wall?...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

129 isn't bad for your weight.

I'm 21, so naturally I have a more mature build than yours, and I'm 5'9 and 135lbs when in good shape.

All depends how you're build. Your loss shouldn't be so rapid though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

try adding protein shakes to your diet a long with what adam says and maybe do a little weight lifting to maintain weight dont forget to stretch though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

129 isn't bad for your weight.

I'm 21, so naturally I have a more mature build than yours, and I'm 5'9 and 135lbs when in good shape.

All depends how you're build. Your loss shouldn't be so rapid though.
    Haha....I'm 22, and I'm 5'9" and 200lbs, atm, maybe 190 when I'm in really good shape. On the other hand, my best friend is 6'2" and about 150lbs when in really good shape.

It's possible you just have a tiny frame, although I'm prone to believe that if your still losing a lot of weight at that low weight already, you are probably not eating enough, or at least not enough of what you need.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

seriously man, im only 5' 6 3/4 " and i weight 150 right now! i wish i was at 129, that is actually my goal, i guess i just have a big build for my size.

Thread Information