New York, NY (March6, 2012) – Although he didn’t start boxing until he was a Plebe in his Freshman Year at West Point, Captain Boyd “Rainmaker” Melson’s had a number of big fights.

A 2008 Olympic alternate selection, Melson battled future pro standouts Erislandy Lara, Danny Jacobs, DeAndre Latimore, Charles Hatley and Keith Thurman during his amateur career. The New York, NY based junior middleweight also competed in many of the United States’ and World's biggest tournaments however, he considers his next fight the most important to date.

On Wednesday evening at BB King Blues Club in Times Square, Melson, 8-0 (4 KO’s), will challenge fellow unbeaten New Yorker Delen “Sniper” Parsley in an eight round contest. At 6’3 with a huge wingspan, Parsley, a talented 24-year-old who’s been around the sport his entire life, has many physical advantages coming into the bout.

“Delen is one of the tallest and longest junior middleweights I’ve ever seen,” said Melson, an active Army Reserve officer and West Point grad. “His style will definitely presenta challenge.My international experience as an amateur has allowed me the fortune of facing equally tall opponents in the past.”

To prepare for his first eight rounder, Melson made a few adjustments to his training regimen. The two most noticeable changes were in his decision to start camp a few weeks earlier and find a way to allow an already extremely overburdened daily schedule to create more space for more road work and additional strength training.Melson feels positive about how this preparation will pay off when the opening bell sounds.

“This is the kind of fight that can help either of us get to the next level. It'san excellent challenge for both of us and I am confident that my preparation and my soul's passion will both reveal themselves in the ring!”

For more information on Boyd, go to teamfighttowalk.com.