Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Billy Joe Saunders has failed a VADA test

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Whichever way this substance got into Saunders body should be irrelevant.
    They need to be rock solid against any performance enhancing substance and ban anyone with anything illegal in their system.
    Professional athletes/trainers must know what's what in this day and age.
    You can't ban one Athlete but not another for having the same drug in their system.
    He'll get away with this because the rules say he will but he's able to train & recover better than a clean fighter by using stimulants again because the rules say he can.
    VADA are a fucking JOKE and in effect encouraging fighters to take PED substances
    Because it's "ok" as long as it doesn't "flag up" on the day of the fight.
    The UKAD at the ones saying its ok out of competition, I think it's completely banned by VADA.

Official VADA rules -
    Oxilofrine (a stimulant) is named as the culprit, which is on the VADA watchlist but is stated by official rules must be flagged on the day of the fight.

So as long as they're "made aware" by fight day and believe your story (accidental) your ok to fight.?

What also amazed me is that there's two anti doping outfits here with conflicting views on what substances are banned and what substances are ok.

It's such a grey area it's a Joke and more so in combat sports where the risks to the clean fighter are massive.
    Cheers for that, so it will be down to why they weren't they informed.

Yep testing is a bit of a joke really, and if you're only going to get a 6 month ban, it's useless really.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a fukking wanker. Anyway, knowing the type of cloth Saunders is cut from I wouldn't be surprised if he did it on purpose. It must of hit him that he wasn't going to beat Andrade and just wanted out of the fight

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BJS has proved he has no class outside the ring , now we find out he is a cheat.
    Fighters who fail drug tests for PED should be banned for life and all wins declared no contests.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    What a fukking wanker. Anyway, knowing the type of cloth Saunders is cut from I wouldn't be surprised if he did it on purpose. It must of hit him that he wasn't going to beat Andrade and just wanted out of the fight

I was thinking the same 😉 he's already fucked Martin Murray over twice with fake injuries earlier this year because ( I think) he knew he was in a real tough fight and didn't fancy losing his belt.
    Lost all respect for Saunders now pretty much.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    My feeling is that maybe it should be up to the Opponent? As bad as training for a fight only to have it cancelled last minute may be, having a full camp only to have it cancelled within a week or something really can’t be much worse...
    Problem with it being left up to the opponent is it wouldn’t necessarily be the opponent deciding. Some guy in a lower position may not want to fight a guy on PEDs but his promoter tells him to do it. Or he may do it out of need rather than safety. Either is very bad.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warrens statement where he states VADA rules confirming that VADA the very people who are supposed to catch drug cheats actually allow an Athlete to take them as long as the Athlete does so "out of competition"

Absolute Joke 😨

Billy Joe Saunders has insisted he is a "clean athlete" following confirmation from the British Boxing Board of Control that he was "not in breach of BBBofC or UKAD anti-doping regulations".

Less than a month before Saunders is due to defend his WBO world middleweight title against Demetrius Andrade, reports emerged of an "adverse analytical finding" in a drugs test.

However, promoter Frank Warren said a nasal spray product that Saunders had used is permitted "out of competition" and that the 29-year-old fighter was not in breach of any BBBofC or United Kingdom Anti-Doping regulations.

In a statement, Warren said: "Following reports of an adverse analytical finding in a test carried out by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) on WBO world middleweight champion, Billy Joe Saunders, we can confirm that the product concerned is permitted to be used 'out of competition' by United Kingdom Anti-Doping (UKAD) in line with the regulations of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

"For the avoidance of doubt, the product in question was a common decongestant nasal spray.

"The British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) under whose jurisdiction Billy Joe Saunders is licensed are affiliated only to UKAD/WADA.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get that from a UK standpoint he's done no wrong. His license is in no way in jeopardy and UKAD don't consider it a violation of any rules, I get that. But what about the commission where the fight is taking place and why is it any business of UKAD?
    @smashup where did you get that ruling from? There seems to be a lot of blurred lines that I just don't understand. I had a brief read of the policy on the VADA website and couldn't see it. VADA according to what I read doesn't distinguish in/out of competition, it's prohibited. WADA defines oxilofrine as OK out of competition. I don't understand why or how anyone other than the commission sanctioning the fight gets to define what is or isn't in/out of competition.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I get that from a UK standpoint he's done no wrong. His license is in no way in jeopardy and UKAD don't consider it a violation of any rules, I get that. But what about the commission where the fight is taking place and why is it any business of UKAD?
    @smashup where did you get that ruling from? There seems to be a lot of blurred lines that I just don't understand. I had a brief read of the policy on the VADA website and couldn't see it. VADA according to what I read doesn't distinguish in/out of competition, it's prohibited. WADA defines oxilofrine as OK out of competition. I don't understand why or how anyone other than the commission sanctioning the fight gets to define what is or isn't in/out of competition.

Through these mate @Memphis, was reading up on way to work this morning.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018/...ers-drug-test/

https://www.ringnews24.com/2018/09/2...ive-drug-test/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.m...k-13322757.amp

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, I don't really give a fuck whether he gets stripped or banned or not. It's all a fucking joke. you can take PED's but only "out of Competition" !!! what sort of Bullshit is that?? Saunders has already embarrassed himself enough over the last couple of weeks to the extent that he's not really gonna be taken all that seriously in the sport anyway.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this guy l... There's no bullshit with him and he's basically saying what we all are.

https://youtu.be/PX12F6wH5JU

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a good few weeks for old Billy Joe.

He had Golovkin or Canelo dangled in front of him and then snatched away. He shows himself to be a genuine scumbag online, and now he is revealed to be a fucking cheat too.

At least he can console himself that bad things tend to only happen in threes. Or he could do that, if he could actually count to three.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    My feeling is that maybe it should be up to the Opponent? As bad as training for a fight only to have it cancelled last minute may be, having a full camp only to have it cancelled within a week or something really can’t be much worse...
    Problem with it being left up to the opponent is it wouldn’t necessarily be the opponent deciding. Some guy in a lower position may not want to fight a guy on PEDs but his promoter tells him to do it. Or he may do it out of need rather than safety. Either is very bad.
    Yeah that’s a good point. Far as I know, there is no recourse for Andrade, or anyone in a position like his, to get anything out of this though? The opportunity cost is just immense. If I were him I’d rather fight a guy who took something than miss out on what may be the biggest chance and/or payday he ever gets, especially if he’s confident in winning.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah that’s a good point. Far as I know, there is no recourse for Andrade, or anyone in a position like his, to get anything out of this though? The opportunity cost is just immense. If I were him I’d rather fight a guy who took something than miss out on what may be the biggest chance and/or payday he ever gets, especially if he’s confident in winning.
    Easiest thing is to for the drug cheat to be sued for loss of earning and have to pay compensation to his opponent.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Easiest thing is to for the drug cheat to be sued for loss of earning and have to pay compensation to his opponent.
    Yeah but you don’t really hear about that happening, I’ve thought about this as well. It seems like it should be about as cut and dry as a civil case could possibly be, yet the guy who doesn’t cheat basically seems to miss out on all of the income and opportunity they were about to get. Andrade is a very good fighter who hasn’t achieved much for whatever reason, this was likely the fight of his life. In hoping the guy who cheated gets banned, people often overlook what the consequences for their opponent is. No good answer, and it’s why anyone found to be knowingly cheating in a combat sport can’t be punished enough for me.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Kautondokwo's on standby, if the commission doesn't allow Saunders to fight and the title is vacated.

Andrade will fight on that date no matter the outcome.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information