Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bellew v Usyk

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I hate myself for typing this but Bellew is slowly winning me over.

Bellew was funny at the press conference today and he is taking such a big challenge that you have to admire him.

God, that hurt just typing that.
    Nice post Master, sometimes you have to give credit where it's due, no matter how unbearable it may be.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The tickets have just arrived roll on November can't wait.
    Usyk all the way.😊

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I hate myself for typing this but Bellew is slowly winning me over.

Bellew was funny at the press conference today and he is taking such a big challenge that you have to admire him.

God, that hurt just typing that.
    Nice post Master, sometimes you have to give credit where it's due, no matter how unbearable it may be.
    Bellew can not lose this because he is taking on a monster as he put it. Even if he loses he wins.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OLEKSANDR USYK VS TONY BELLEW, 12 x 3 mins WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF & Ring Magazine World Cruiserweight Titles
    ANTHONY CROLLA VS DAUD YORDAN, 12 x 3 mins Final Eliminator For WBA World Lightweight Title
    JOE CORDINA VS SCOTT CARDLE, 12 x 3 mins Commonwealth & WBA International Lightweight Titles
    JOSH KELLY, Welterweight Contest
    RYAN WALSH, 12 x 3 mins British Featherweight Title

What are the odds?
    Usyk to win: 1/7
    Bellew to win: 9/2
    Draw: 33/1

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OLEKSANDR USYK VS TONY BELLEW, 12 x 3 mins WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF & Ring Magazine World Cruiserweight Titles
    ANTHONY CROLLA VS DAUD YORDAN, 12 x 3 mins Final Eliminator For WBA World Lightweight Title
    JOE CORDINA VS SCOTT CARDLE, 12 x 3 mins Commonwealth & WBA International Lightweight Titles

What are the odds?
    Joey Cordina v Scotty Cardle has the potential to be fight of the night.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

What are the odds?
    Joey Cordina v Scotty Cardle has the potential to be fight of the night.
    Cordina should have an easy night.

I'm glad Bellew is taking this seriously. He seems highly motivated and training like a beast.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony Bellew vs Oleksandr Usyk: Champion warned not to eye up Anthony Joshua before their cruiserweight title fight

Tony Bellew says that Oleksandr Usyk must “go through me” before thinking about a heavyweight clash with WBA, WBO, IBO and IBF champion Anthony Joshua, something the Ukrainian is interested in after their 10 November cruiserweight contest.

Usyk has previously revealed he is monitoring Joshua’s career with close interest and believes the heavyweight champions is “nothing out of the ordinary”.

A fight with Joshua would be straightforward to arrange for Usyk, who joined Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing, but Bellew warns that his previous opponents have prematurely thought about their next opponents after writing him off.

"People look at me as if they think I'm a good enough name for them to qualify to fight AJ," Bellew told Sky Sports. "I don't know how they think that, but they do.

"Oleksandr Usyk will not be the first, and he possibly won't be the last. Let's just see how it goes.

"Ultimately he has to go through me. Everyone has to go through me. Let's just see how that pans out."

In his typical manner, Bellew also came out swinging against anyone that believes he does not stand a chance at beating Usyk and pointed to his previous record as a “sacrificial lamb”.

"I've been wrote off before, I'm being wrote off again," added the 35-year-old.

"More people thought I was going to get knocked out, going into the first David Haye fight, then think I can lose this fight, so it's nothing new.

"Everybody thought I was a sacrificial lamb, going into the first David Haye fight, and I proved that I wasn't.

"This is exactly the same. It looks on paper as if I haven't got a hope in hell. It's nothing new to me."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ton...112441580.html

El Kabong Guest

Bellew is going to get KO'd here I think. He's got his eyes higher up than this fight right here and it'll bite him in the ass.

Sure he beat David Haye who....just wow, what a fucking shitshow of a career that guy had. I have always thoroughly disliked David Haye, but I respect his athletic ability. The guy could have done so much more in his career. I think had he cared to, he could have held the WBA strap for longer, I thought he could have really taken some spotlight away from other title holders at the time had he avenged his amateur loss vs Odlainer Solis (who ate his way out of boxing) which IMO he really should have gunned for, it would have made him look more formidable as an opponent at that time for Wlad to fight. Also at one point in time a Haye vs Povetkin bout would have been BIG money and really a toss up fight. But no he made horrible business decisions, he was inactive for long stretches, he loved to talk, but he didn't love to fight and it cost him.

Now as for Usyk, I think he's a decent cruiserweight. I don't think he's all that special. I think he could and should dominate the division for the time being, but as far as going up to heavy and making some noise, I don't think it's in the cards for him. He might could win a few bouts and parlay that into a title shot, but like most other cruiserweights he's too small and not dynamic enough to crack the tippy top of the division.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony Bellew’s opponent Oleksandr Usyk ‘bossed’ Klitschko in sparring ahead of Tyson Fury fight, Johnny Nelson claims

The undefeated Ukrainian will put all four of his cruiserweight belts on the line on November 10 in Manchester when comes face to face with the Brit

Oleksandr Usyk, Tony Bellew’s next opponent, once dominated Wladimir Klitschko so badly during a sparring session that the former heavyweight champion told him to leave after one round.

Usyk, seen as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world right now, is preparing to defend all four of his world cruiserweight titles against Bellew in Manchester on November 10.

The Ukrainian won the World Boxing Super Series in July of this year and is the only man to ever hold four world titles in the 200-pound division.

He is expected to move up to heavyweight later in his career and while many have failed to make the jump up in weight, it seems Usyk is well prepared.

Speaking in April, Sky Sports Boxing pundit Johnny Nelson revealed how Bellew’s opponent once completely ‘bossed’ former world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko while helping him prepare to face Tyson Fury.

It was a fight Klitschko would of course go on to lose, with Fury shocking the world to claim all the belts. However, as Nelson told Behind The Gloves, it was the performance of his sparring partner which left an equally indelible impression.

“I rate Usyk. When I saw him sparring with Wladimir when Wladimir was preparing for Tyson Fury, I said ‘who is that guy? Who is he?’”Johnny Nelson said.

“I had no idea, but I know there was something special about him. He did one round with Wladimir, and Wladimir slung him out and said, ‘get out, not while the press is here.’

“He was making it hard for Wladimir. He was like bossing Wladimir. ‘Get him out. Get somebody else in,” Nelson said.

For many pundits and fans alike, Bellew stands little to no chance going up against the 31-year-old who is yet to experience defeat or even discomfort in any one of his 15 fights.

According to bet365, Usyk is 1/7 to win the fight outright and can be backed at 10/11 to win by stoppage or 8/5 to win by decision.

Meanwhile, his Scouse opponent is as long as 9/2 to win outright, 6/1 to win by stoppage and a whopping 14/1 to win by decision.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...johnny-nelson/

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Джем Мейс Guest

Bellew has bigger eyes than his belly and Usyk may make him not be hungry anymore after all when he realise

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Джем Мейс View Post
    Bellew has bigger eyes than his belly and Usyk may make him not be hungry anymore after all when he realise

Why are you talking like your speaking Jive Beanz?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Джем Мейс View Post

Why are you talking like your speaking Jive Beanz?
    Nah, it's the return of @paulkevin #welcomebackPK #@Masterlovesyoureally
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk arrives in Manchester for Tony Bellew fight

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got this gut feeling that Bellew is gonna catch him and rock him down to his boots at some stage.... making the second half of this fight very interesting.
    Realistically Usyk should box his head off and have a points win firmly in the bag by this point (I said before part of me thinks the result is already decided and Bellew is taking a massive pay off/retirement package to make it look good and kick start Hearns new talent to big UK audience 🤔)

Thread Information