Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lol BIg George made a guy look foolish.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lol BIg George made a guy look foolish.

Its amazing the different levels of skill, strength, and speed that contrast the best in the world from journeymen... George Foreman by no shape or form one of the best tacticians ever in the sport was fighting this white guy on that knockout show, and he had his hands down he was countering, and it was actually really funny... except the fact that he hits so hard with his straight left(power jab you could call it) that he pretty much concussed the guy with it, but anyways it was funny watching Old Foreman just totally toying with a young in terms of speed, power, and skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lol BIg George made a guy look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Its amazing the different levels of skill, strength, and speed that contrast the best in the world from journeymen... George Foreman by no shape or form one of the best tacticians ever in the sport was fighting this white guy on that knockout show, and he had his hands down he was countering, and it was actually really funny... except the fact that he hits so hard with his straight left(power jab you could call it) that he pretty much concussed the guy with it, but anyways it was funny watching Old Foreman just totally toying with a young in terms of speed, power, and skill.
    who was the guy?.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Mijangos
    Oh yes, that all time great legend of the ring.

I am a great Foreman fan, and think he is one of the best heavyweights who ever lived, but the calibre of some of those opponents early on in his comeback does insult the term 'tomato cans'.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

El Kabong Guest

I still can't believe he only boxed for a year before winning Gold, the guy was a freak of nature!

Foreman fought easy guys to ease into the division, I mean he was 40+ years old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what program? link , i wanna see !
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

every boxer goes through a list of cannon fodders, especaily those making a comeback

big george is a all time great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George was a beast.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed - pure power.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats what makes it funny. Because Foreman had next to no speed, and it doens't matter how you look at it, but he had minimal boxing skills in comparison to the best fighters in the world even now. He had a great chin, and even greater power.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never seen the fight, but George had good peekaboo defense, and fundamentals. In his prime he was mostly just a monster who bludgened his opponents into unconsciousness with arm punches though. Nothin fancy about it, but it damn sure was effective. And not to start a bunch of shat again, but anyone here bout how Mike Tyson was scared of Big George in the 90's?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He could box a bit when he felt like it, he just hardly ever had to when he was young. If you check out the Chuvalo fight or the 2nd Frazier fight you'll see an awesome jab, straight and hard as a lot of other guys' right hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think it goes to show how good the heavyweight division was in the 70's that one of the leading guys could come out of a long retirement and win the title at 45

muhamed ali, joe frazier, ken norton, george forman, ernie shavers, and don't forget larry holmes came from the 70's. if any of thses guys were around in the mid 90's or today, they'd be world champs, most of them would have been world champ in the 50's or 60's. they were the golden era in heavyweight boxing

El Kabong Guest

I can agree with Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Frazier but Shavers and Norton wouldn't really do well I think.

I mean obviously you pair Ali vs anyone Ali gets the benefit of the doubt like I usually give Foreman the benefit of the doubt just based on power alone.

Ali had all the intangibles to beat anyone, I won't bring up size or anything but everyone always brings up about how he lacked power but he did enough to be one of the greatest

Foreman wasn't as good of a boxer but he's the best slugger in the history of the sport.

Frazier was a little small, so was Tyson though.

Holmes wasn't too terribly big, he had one of the best jabs.

Norton and Shavers couldn't handle the power punchers. Shavers-Ruiz would be the best match up for him, Norton-Lyakhovich would be good too.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I can agree with Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Frazier but Shavers and Norton wouldn't really do well I think.

I mean obviously you pair Ali vs anyone Ali gets the benefit of the doubt like I usually give Foreman the benefit of the doubt just based on power alone.

Ali had all the intangibles to beat anyone, I won't bring up size or anything but everyone always brings up about how he lacked power but he did enough to be one of the greatest

Foreman wasn't as good of a boxer but he's the best slugger in the history of the sport.

Frazier was a little small, so was Tyson though.

Holmes wasn't too terribly big, he had one of the best jabs.

Norton and Shavers couldn't handle the power punchers. Shavers-Ruiz would be the best match up for him, Norton-Lyakhovich would be good too.
    Shavers vs Peter would be tight. Peter is the fukin Earnie Shavers of today IMO, cept with a better chin. And Norton would do well until he got caught, the guy was a better boxer than anyone out there right now with the possible excpetion of an in shape James Toney and who knows if we'll ever see that again.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information