Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Golden Boy Promotions Offers Up Three Opponents for Margarito

LOS ANGELES – In recent weeks, there has been a hearty dose of bluster from the camp of WBO welterweight champion Antonio Margarito, claiming that he is the ‘most feared fighter in boxing’, and that no one is willing to fight him.

Golden Boy Promotions has the solution to Mr. Margarito’s problem in securing an opponent for a fight this year – in fact, it has three solutions in pound for pound superstar Winky Wright, former junior middleweight champion Kassim Ouma, and rising star Ishe Smith, all of whom are willing to battle Margarito at a moment’s notice.

‘I respect Antonio Margarito as a fighter, but his claims that no one wants to fight him are baseless,’ said Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya. ‘We already offered Margarito’s promoter, Top Rank, a fight against Winky Wright, but they declined, saying that Margarito was not a middleweight. Well, we never discussed this fight as being at middleweight. Winky is more than willing to come down to 154 pounds for this fight, and given the fact that Margarito has fought at junior middleweight before and has called out other junior middleweights like Shane Mosley, Cory Spinks, and myself, I don’t see why this fight can’t be made.’

‘And just in case Margarito doesn’t want to challenge himself against Winky Wright,’ continues De La Hoya, ‘we have two more warriors who are eager to test themselves against him – Kassim Ouma and Ishe Smith, both of whom can fight at 147 pounds.’

The ball is in your court, Antonio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golden Boy Promotions Offers Up Three Opponents for Margarito

I am getting tired of hearing how Margorito is "the most feared fighter" he just needs to shut up and start getting in the ring with whomever and prove how good he is/can be.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I keep saying this but the guy beat one decent top 10 fighter with an alphabet belt who is basically just another contender any way and now he thinks all he has to do is talk his way to the biggest fights...

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    I am getting tired of hearing how Margorito is "the most feared fighter" he just needs to shut up and start getting in the ring with whomever and prove how good he is/can be.
    He is now getting some decent offers. He has to get past the Ghanan first and then he can choose whom he want's to fight. He is going to have to step in the ring a few more times with some decent opposition before he can try to land any big pay day. I wish him well. At least now he knows he has some open offers when he is done with the Ghanan.

How did Ishe Smiths name get thrown into this? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky would make Margarito look HORRIBLE.

Ouma's punch capacity rivals Margarito's and Ouma is more talented, and has the size advantage. I see a KO of margarito in this one.

Both Winky and Kassim would beat Margarito with relative ease IMO.

I'd even give Ishe a good shot at beating margarito. Despite his lack of experience I was impressed with him more than any of the other fighters from Contender season 1.

IF Margarito get's past Clottey, which he has a fair chance of doing imo..he's going to have BIG trouble with any of these Golden Boy fighters. But, of course he's not going to want to fight any of them

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm

Ouma's punch capacity rivals Margarito's and Ouma is more talented, and has the size advantage. I see a KO of margarito in this one.

I'd even give Ishe a good shot at beating margarito. Despite his lack of experience I was impressed with him more than any of the other fighters from Contender season 1.

IF Margarito get's past Clottey, which he has a fair chance of doing imo..he's going to have BIG trouble with any of these Golden Boy fighters. But, of course he's not going to want to fight any of them
    Tell me who the phuk looks good fighting against Winky?

JT has Ouma to worry about.

We shall continue this conversation after the 2nd of Decemeber.

I see you are also picking Morales to beat PAC?
    Care to wage something else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

Where did you see I picked Morales to beat PAC? You must be thinking of someone else.. In the poll I voted for Pac to win, but I think it's going to be such a close fight that I don't favor either one over the other.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    He is now getting some decent offers. He has to get past the Ghanan first and then he can choose whom he want's to fight. He is going to have to step in the ring a few more times with some decent opposition before he can try to land any big pay day. I wish him well. At least now he knows he has some open offers when he is done with the Ghanan.

How did Ishe Smiths name get thrown into this? LOL

Why shouldn't Ishe Smith's name be in this.. Margarito should fight a couple guys who are more on his level before he gets humiliated against a top fighter.. Ishe would be a good test.

SigmaMu Guest

Where did you see I picked Morales to beat PAC? You must be thinking of someone else.. In the poll I voted for Pac to win, but I think it's going to be such a close fight that I don't favor either one over the other.
    Oh my bad. I thought I was replying to Violent Demise.

As you were soldier.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The beating Winky would give him would be severe...

Thread Information