Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton's Next Opponents

Other than the ODLH v. Pacman winner, who else will Hatton fight?

Do you think he beats Bradley?

ICB Guest

Default Re: Hatton's Next Opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Hes got so many fights he could choose.

Juan Manuel Marquez
    Manny Pacquiao vs ODLH winner
    Timothy Bradley
    Floyd Mayweather Jr 2
    Miguel Cotto

I'd be interested in Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton/Juan Manuel Marquez vs Ricky Hatton.

As for your last comment yes i do, even though i think Timothy Bradley is getting better. He is still a bit limited and he is a class below Ricky Hatton, and i don't think he has the right style to beat Ricky Hatton. I can see Ricky Hatton comfortably winning UD over Timothy Bradley, he wouldn't be ready someone who gives you no room to breath he would have no idea what to do, he needs more experience.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Initially, yes, I believe he beats Tim Bradley.

Secondly, I believe Judah could be a potential opponent.
    If Kendall Holt and Torres meet again I expect the winner of that to get a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

If Kendall Holt and Torres meet again I expect the winner of that to get a shot.
    I would rather Torres ....................

Nice to see you Donny............................

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post

I would rather Torres too Macho!

ICB Guest

I've always said Ricardo Torres vs Ricky Hatton would be the most exciting fight at 140. But i doubt he will fight Ricardo Torres or Kendall Holt, Ricky Hatton wants the big names that make the most cash. And he only has a few left in him so i doubt he would bother with either of them. Too much risk with little reward.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

I've always said Ricardo Torres vs Ricky Hatton would be the most exciting fight at 140. But i doubt he will fight Ricardo Torres or Kendall Holt, Ricky Hatton wants the big names that make alot of cash.

He only has a few left in him and i doubt he would bother with either of them.
    He's realised that he's best at 140, he won't budge from there except for a DLH fight.

I reckon he can fight Pac at 140, Judah at 140 and a send off against an "easier guy." I reckon thats Holt or Torres, maybe, maybe Witter.

ICB Guest

I've always said Ricardo Torres vs Ricky Hatton would be the most exciting fight at 140. But i doubt he will fight Ricardo Torres or Kendall Holt, Ricky Hatton wants the big names that make alot of cash.

He's realised that he's best at 140, he won't budge from there except for a DLH fight.

I reckon he can fight Pac at 140, Judah at 140 and a send off against an "easier guy." I reckon thats Holt or Torres, maybe, maybe Witter.
    I disagree JMM has stated he would move up to 140 to fight Ricky Hatton, and Ricky Hatton would for certain take the fight. And he will for certain fight Manny Pacquiao win or lose. And if ODLH wins he will for certain take that fight aswell. So thats 3 fights that make sense cash wise and legacy wise, and i think Miguel Cotto would possibly fight Ricky Hatton at catchweight. So thats 4 possible fights.

He won't bother with risky but no name fighters like Ricardo Torres/Kendall Holt at this stage in his career. And since Junior Witter lost he has no real name anymore, i could possibly see him fighting Timothy Bradley, because he's the man that beat Junior Witter.
    Last edited by ICB; 11-24-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree JMM has stated he would move up to 140 to fight Ricky Hatton, and Ricky Hatton would for certain take the fight. And he will for certain fight Manny Pacquiao win or lose. And if ODLH wins he will for certain take that fight aswell.

So thats 3 fights that make sense cash wise and legacy wise, and i think Miguel Cotto would possibly fight Ricky Hatton at catchweight. So thats 4 possible fights, i can only see him fighting these 4 names i mentioned. He won't bother with risky but no name fighters like Ricardo Torres/Kendall Holt.
    Why fight JMM who's low profile outside of the US when he can fight Pac?

ICB Guest

I disagree JMM has stated he would move up to 140 to fight Ricky Hatton, and Ricky Hatton would for certain take the fight. And he will for certain fight Manny Pacquiao win or lose. And if ODLH wins he will for certain take that fight aswell.

So thats 3 fights that make sense cash wise and legacy wise, and i think Miguel Cotto would possibly fight Ricky Hatton at catchweight. So thats 4 possible fights, i can only see him fighting these 4 names i mentioned. He won't bother with risky but no name fighters like Ricardo Torres/Kendall Holt.
    Why fight JMM who's low profile outside of the US when he can fight Pac?
    How the hell did you reply so fast ? i just finished typing it all up, i went on my user cp and i found out you had already replied

But anyway JMM isn't unknown outside the USA anymore, he has had big wins over MAB, Joel Casamayor, and two great close fights with Manny Pacquiao. All on American networks and they were all main events.

I could easily see him fighting JMM, JMM is a top 3 P4P fighter with a name. It would be a massive win for Ricky Hatton, and JMM has said he is willing to move up to fight Ricky Hatton at 140 and i can see him doing that too. Especially if Ricky Hatton defeated Manny Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton should fight , JMM or maybe even Pac , but if he fights oscar i think he gets blown away , but whatever he does he deserves it.
    I ve enjoyed most of Ricky's career.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he fights Pacman. It's the most money and it's set up perfectly with Hatton and Pac fighting so close together. Win or lose, Manny still has the draw and the credibility. Us hardcore fans would be just as happy to see him fight some of the other names mentioned, but I think a showdown with Pac has been brewing for some time. Had Hatton beaten Mayweather, there is a good chance to we would have seen it happening now, but Hatton needed to re-establish himself first. He has done so very well, and it's all lined up for him.

If Oscar offers him the fight, I'm sure he will take it, but Pac would be the better fight. Does Oscar really want to finish his career fighting nothing but midgets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

think its pretty cast iron the winner of ODLH-Pac will be fighting ricky at wembley stadium sometime next summer.

If its ODLH it`ll be at 147 and if its pac it`ll be for hattons light welterweight championship.

Think at some point he`ll probably end up fighting both of them and other than the 2 i wouldnt expect hatton is even considering fighting anyone else.
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Del a hoya - I don't fancy this one DLH should leave boxing alone now but i don' t blame him for the name and the money plus I can see the PR machine claiming DLH is the new P4P No1 if he beats Pac
    DLH - KO

Pac - I would sell my cock on ebay to sit ringside for this one if he beats DLH this could this would be a monster fight at Wembley
    50/50 at least 3 knockdowns either way

Cotto - At 140 this could be close and 3 years ago Hatton wins now even at 140 I think he is too much for Hatton plus Cotto brings nothing he has just come off a loss the only thing Hatton gets from a Cotto fight is a broken jaw
    Cotto UD

Judah - could cause a few problems with his style and brings nothing but a name and a circus
    Hatton - Cuts

JMM - Could be a great fight but I agree with Donny no one knows him in the UK apart from boxing fans (Ricky Hatton Fans are not all Boxing fans) - Hatton UD - War

Torres - Great fight and a solid 140 fight but cant see how this fight can be fitted in to his last 3 fights I think
    Hatton UD

Bradley - see no point in this fight apart from the belt Hatton would tear him apart and cant see him improving enough before Hatton retires
    Hatton - KO Rd 6
    "There is no point being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."
    John Paul Sigmarrsson, 4 time Word's Strongest Man

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: Hatton's Next Opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I think if he can build on the Paulie M performance there is no one to beat him in the foreseeable future & certainly not Witter from a Britts point of view, whom he would destroy inside eight rounds ..... but the points mentioned are of relevance only at lite welter weight...

Hatton now finds himself in a position of having gone full circle & is faced with the same situation he was in pre Floyd Mayweather ie does he build on his undefeated legacy at LW, Or does he go for the money at the higher weights ... what d'ya think ?

Last edited by bambamdaddio; 11-24-2008 at 03:18 PM.
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Thread Information