Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Haye v Chisora will happen after all.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye v Chisora will happen after all.

Although I probably did predict Haye would get stopped it was in lieu of him seeming determined to press the fight, which as it turned out was far more grossly overrated than anything else people expected. I really didn't care on a personal level, but in the entire lead up he ran his mouth offf insisting he wouldn't do exactly what he did, I just have a hard time giving him any credit for that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't, but I think I've explained why people thought he would actually give Wlad less caution than he gave fucking valuev and it had nothing to do with their assessment of either guy's boxing abilities and styles and 100% to do with prefight hype, personalities and their own wishful thinking of wanting to see Haye hurt - exactly what we are seeing here

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder what Stacey Solomon is doing this time around...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just checked my Facebook... West Ham fans all getting worked up coz Haye is 100% Millwall.

Could get ugly in the Bobby Moore stand.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way some people on here continue to defend David Haye is beyond belief. And anyone who dares say anything to the contrary is immediately labeled a “hater”. Let’s just state some facts (to use one of these people’s favorite words).

Fact #1: Haye talked a truckload of shit before the fight. How he was going to destroy Wlad… how Wlad wasn’t worthy… how he (Haye) was so much better… blah, blah, blah. Any disputing that? No, I didn’t think so. Let’s move on.

Fact #2: Haye did not even attempt to make a fight of it. He stayed away the entire fight… never brought the fight to Wlad… even went so far as to blame a “toe” for his misfortunes. Any disputing THAT? If so… you’re blind and ignorant about boxing. Now, here’s where Haye f*cked up. You’ve got all the time in the world to come up with a feasible excuse after your disgraceful showing. He could’ve blamed his shoulder… a knee… whatever. But his toe?!?!? Hey… I know toe injuries can be painful (chuckle)… but you’re in a world heavyweight championship fight, for crying out loud. Suck it up, dude.

Fact #3: No… Wlad didn’t come out with guns blazing, going for the knockout. Why should he? He wasn’t the one doing the shit talking. He’s not the one trying to wrestle the championship belt away from the other. He normally fights cautiously. Everyone knows that. So why try to slide the blame button over to Wlad’s side? It’s not gonna work. Haye gets ALL the blame, and then some.

You know the worst part? Blind Haye fans must hold a world record for the biggest double standard. Had anyone but the “former British heavyweight hope” done the same thing, these same fans would be going at him like piranhas, slobbering at the mouth. But because it was their beloved David Haye that did it… somehow they find a way to defend him. I suspect there’s a lucrative career in law for someone in that bunch.

Finally, the worst argument of all. The one that says that we should’ve all known better. That Haye took us all for ride. He built up the fight… he generated revenues… he generated interest in the heavyweight division again. Give me a f*cking break, people. Really? Is that your argument? How pathetic. So it’s ok for a fighter to willfully deceive the boxing public, and like a snake-oil salesman bilk people out of their hard-earned money with the promise of a good show, only to put forth a disgraceful display of cowardice unparalleled in boxing history? The joke’s on us? (Well, not on me… I didn’t pay for the fight). Wow… give yourselves a round of applause. That’s what boxing’s all about, right? Bullshit.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who said the Wlad fight was anything to brag about?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently you missed some of the post-fight threads.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They can't help themselves.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    The fact that mad Del boy claimed he had been glassed, and then despite seeing actual photographic and video evidence to the contrary, people are willing to regurgitate the same nonsense, simply reinforces the illogical biased hatred of Haye and the impression that he is both an overrated coward and a brutal ruthless street fighter. Make your mind up guys. If Chisora had been glasses his face would be a mess. To be glassed or bottled implies a concious and savage utilisation of non safety glass in an attempt to disfigure and immobilise a victim. What would you do if a guy who had been threatening to break your jaw marched up to you and got right in your face? Put your drink down, roll up your sleeves and challenge him to step outside for a gentlemanly bout of fisticuffs? Personally I would try to avoid him but if he marched up to me in a bar like that, I would have to twat him. They are both plonkers but it is a great match up.
    What a load of shit! Haye had a bottle in his hand and he threw a punch with the Bottle in his hand and the is a fucking photo to prove it! Haye even says in the press conference "thebest thing to come out your mouth is my fist, oh, and a bottle". I hope you lot remember all this bull about Haye winning when this fight is over there is a reason he has only talked about fighting good heavys rather than actually doing it
    What are you going on about? I was one of the few people who said that Chisora would give Vitali major problems so I do not underestimate his durability. Del "mad as a box of frogs" Chisora has been known to exaggerate though, and being punched by someone holding a bottle is not the same thing as being glassed, it's not even the same as being bottled. So yes in your own words,"What a load of shit".Haye is younger,faster and less ponderous than King Kong and will have less problems than he did, dealing with Chisora.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    I wonder what Stacey Solomon is doing this time around...
    I'll take one for the team, I'm sure something can be found to shove in her gob so she doesn't sing again.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One does not have to love David Haye to see the inherent hilarity of people losing all perspective. Yes he disappointed against a safety first, mauling,wrestling giant but he was not the first and will not be the last to underestimate an opponent or make predictions that did not come to fruition.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is the Luxembourg boxing federation saying? Are they saying anything why they are happy to do it?

Did they even exist until now?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    One does not have to love David Haye to see the inherent hilarity of people losing all perspective. Yes he disappointed against a safety first, mauling,wrestling giant but he was not the first and will not be the last to underestimate an opponent or make predictions that did not come to fruition.

No... he's not the first to talk crap before a fight. And no... he's not the first to take the "coward route" once the fight begins.

But... if there is such a thing as a "crap-talking-to-actual-performance" ratio... David Haye is the absolute KING. Talked up a storm and worked up his poor fans into a frenzy... only to run like a bitch-slapped whore while mumbling some pathetic excuse about stubbing his toe.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Apparently you missed some of the post-fight threads.

Nope, but I'm talking about now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone that takes what boxers say "literally" is extremely naive. Lets be honest.

All boxers regurgitate the same old shit over and over again when selling a fight.

You've never heard anyone say - "it's gonna be a boring fight," "I don't think I can win," "my training camp has been bad," "I'll be weakened at that catchweight" etc

Every fight is gonna be exciting. Every fighter is gonna win (most by KO). Every fighter has had the best training camp ever and is in the best shape of their life. Blah, blah, blah.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information